What experience has taught me

I don t now what these white people here are thinking but they have been paying Indians reparations for years.

anger or hatred , does it really matter ?? Anger or hatred is going to require that you and your kids pay restitution Delores .
I've been in favor or reparations for a very long time.
Who pays these reparations?
Being so new to this forum, sometimes I'm confused about who is saying what to whom. If someone has asked me if I am Christian, the answer is yes.

Regarding reparations, I see it more as paying a debt. If we as a country would pay our debt to those who built our country and laid the foundation for its future wealth, we could put many complaints to rest. Once I pay my overdue bill, the stops ringing.

Our taxes have always gone to many who have not earned it. We pay subsidies to oil companies and large dairy farms. We pay politicians who already have millions of dollars to live on and go on recess more than they work. We pay foreign countries millions of dollars in aid. We pay so much for pet pork projects - like the bridge to nowhere? I believe that if we paid our debt by reinvesting in the inner cities we abandoned, it would go a long way towards creating peace in our nation.

I saw an episode of The United Shades of America. The host was talking to gang members in the south side of Chicago. As they walked through the neighborhood, they showed him "There used to be a rec center over there and we had organized basketball. There used to be a movie theater over there. There used to be a good school over there. But they took away all the funding and left us with no programs. They took away the jobs. What did they expect us to do but ban together and try to survive as best we could?"
Who is this we? All Americans or just white Americans? Do Irish and Asian slaves get paid too?
So are you saying blacks can't rebuild these neighborhoods on their own. Are you saying blacks don't have the will or mindset to make their own communities survive.
Does the Bible teach us to blame others for our own shortcomings? Does the Bible teach us to forgive or does it teach us to remain angry? You can't help those who aren't willing to receive it.
Wow. Lots here. I believe a government that can find funds to fight unnecessary wars and go to the moon can find funds to pay reparations to African Americans. Nobody builds anything totally alone. We all need help. Black people have survived what for most of us would have been insurmountable odds for many years. It attests to their strength that they are not extinct in our country, (like some would prefer them to be). While some folks do not believe the Bible and therefore don't like it to be quoted, I say that while Jesus definitely teaches forgiveness, he also fought injustice, like when he threw the money changers out of the temple. I personally believe that anger in and of itself does little, but anger which leads to action against injustice can be a positive thing. I doubt that any major city would be unwilling to receive funds to help rebuild since so many resources were taken out of the inner cities, like so many resources, material and human, were taken out of Africa. Stating facts about things that have happened is not blaming anyone. It is just stating facts.

Well there is a organization that is called the Economic Policy Institute. Maybe some of these people who talk about Chicago and places lie that read some of the findings from this organization.

Secondly there is such a thing as spiritual law. Under this law, this country is required to pay blacks for the labor blacks performed for free. Now if this is not done the nation as we know it will be destroyed or those responsible for the wrongs will be removed from positons of power. America is getting browner, and all that means is the handwriting is on the wall for you white folks talking about how someone is a slave who pays reparations..

In 1971 I moved from Lancaster County, Pennsylvania into the heart of a North Philadelphia ghetto to work with a Christian Youth Organization. One of my first memories of that move is a little black kid throwing a can at me while I thought, “What have I ever done to him?”

I had my purse and my favorite sneakers stolen, my room broken into more than once, and my personal safety threatened on numerous occasions.

In 1975 I was attacked from behind by a black man. He stuck a knife to my throat and said, “Get in the car white b**** or I’ll cut your f***** throat.

In 1978 I was thrown down a flight of stairs by a black teenager who threatened to rape and kill me.

Since my move to Germantown in 1979 I have been called white ass, white b**** and white trash. In 1989 an angry black woman threatened to kill me. In 1993 a hostile black teenage girl threatened to bash my head in with her shovel and bury my white ass in the snow.

However, these experiences have not served to make me a hateful person. They have not made me call Black people racists. They have not made me believe that Black people are violent. Even if I had hundreds of negative experiences with Black individuals, I cannot judge an entire race of people by the actions of a handful of folks. I’ve never judged my own race so. I’ve never thrown them all into the same category based on negative experiences with some of them.

My experiences have served to make me wonder what on earth has driven people to such extreme behaviors. They have served to make me strong and determined to do what I can to understand and bridge the gap between black and white people in my city and in our nation.

typical lib apologist drivel. I bet you thought 911 was our fault too, right?

guess what- people are responsible for their action- all races, all political affiliations. Its people like you are are part of the problem.
I don't think I'm a typical "anything," since my life experiences are not the same as anyone else's. Your quote says dems think the DNC cares for them. Actually, I don't think politicians in general, of any party, have the good of ordinary people in mind. If they truly cared about "the people" I don't believe there would be poverty and economic injustice like there is. I believe that if they truly cared, they could come together and solve many of the problems that continue to plague us. From some of the books I've read: Dark Money, The New Jim Crow, Broken Government, This Fight is Our Fight, as examples, politicians of both parties have used folks all across the country to get elected by making promises they never intended to keep. Their main concern has always been to get power and keep it.

How many times have I heard, "Oh, he didn't really mean it. He was drunk or He was angry or He's under a lot of stress, or He had a lousy childhood, as explanations for the negative behavior of white people. A black person could do the exact same crime and be labeled an animal or held up as an example of how "those people are."

And 911 was the fault of those who planned it and those who flew the planes.

anger or hatred , does it really matter ?? Anger or hatred is going to require that you and your kids pay restitution Delores .
I've been in favor or reparations for a very long time.
Who pays these reparations?
Being so new to this forum, sometimes I'm confused about who is saying what to whom. If someone has asked me if I am Christian, the answer is yes.

Regarding reparations, I see it more as paying a debt. If we as a country would pay our debt to those who built our country and laid the foundation for its future wealth, we could put many complaints to rest. Once I pay my overdue bill, the stops ringing.

Our taxes have always gone to many who have not earned it. We pay subsidies to oil companies and large dairy farms. We pay politicians who already have millions of dollars to live on and go on recess more than they work. We pay foreign countries millions of dollars in aid. We pay so much for pet pork projects - like the bridge to nowhere? I believe that if we paid our debt by reinvesting in the inner cities we abandoned, it would go a long way towards creating peace in our nation.

I saw an episode of The United Shades of America. The host was talking to gang members in the south side of Chicago. As they walked through the neighborhood, they showed him "There used to be a rec center over there and we had organized basketball. There used to be a movie theater over there. There used to be a good school over there. But they took away all the funding and left us with no programs. They took away the jobs. What did they expect us to do but ban together and try to survive as best we could?"
Who is this we? All Americans or just white Americans? Do Irish and Asian slaves get paid too?
So are you saying blacks can't rebuild these neighborhoods on their own. Are you saying blacks don't have the will or mindset to make their own communities survive.
Does the Bible teach us to blame others for our own shortcomings? Does the Bible teach us to forgive or does it teach us to remain angry? You can't help those who aren't willing to receive it.
Wow. Lots here. I believe a government that can find funds to fight unnecessary wars and go to the moon can find funds to pay reparations to African Americans. Nobody builds anything totally alone. We all need help. Black people have survived what for most of us would have been insurmountable odds for many years. It attests to their strength that they are not extinct in our country, (like some would prefer them to be). While some folks do not believe the Bible and therefore don't like it to be quoted, I say that while Jesus definitely teaches forgiveness, he also fought injustice, like when he threw the money changers out of the temple. I personally believe that anger in and of itself does little, but anger which leads to action against injustice can be a positive thing. I doubt that any major city would be unwilling to receive funds to help rebuild since so many resources were taken out of the inner cities, like so many resources, material and human, were taken out of Africa. Stating facts about things that have happened is not blaming anyone. It is just stating facts.
Should Asian and Irish slaves receive reparations?

New Topics

Forum List

Back