What experience has taught me

anger or hatred , does it really matter ?? Anger or hatred is going to require that you and your kids pay restitution Delores .
I've been in favor or reparations for a very long time.

You should carry a gun. It's your right as a free American.
No thanks. Every time I was in danger a prayer was all that was needed.
Negroes do not answer prayers.

If you don't have at least a basketball to toss them there is no way you can stop getting raped without a warm gun of your own.
God answers my prayers, and I've live in Philadelphia since 1971 and have never been raped and I've never owned a gun.

might be hard to believe [for some] but my DAD saw these things / racial hate coming in the 60s . -------- just a comment !!
DISAPPEARED
by Delores Paulk

He was up. Born on a pedestal of self-righteousness and piety, he'd been pampered, waited on and glorified. Like a hog, he wallowed in a pool of self love and conceit. He used people and love things instead of using things and loving people.

He felt it now and then. That little something that told him he was better than the "others". He was only slightly moved when conscience told him he was wrong.

And then he gave his money, not his time or self. He gave to churches so "heathens" could be taught the Word of God.

He sat in his easy, easy chair and read the paper and watched T.V. Each story of violence, each tale of woe, each example of poverty, a call for someone to care.

And he answered loud and clear. "If they want to live like that, let em live like that," or "Lazy good for nothings. They want everything handed to them on a silver platter."

So kind and understanding he was. So helpful and willing to dirty his pure white hands with the filth of the real world.

Well, some have made it up without him. Some have climbed out, moved up and stepped into his neighborhood.

Oh, so that's why he disappeared so fast!

If you don't have at least a basketball to toss them there is no way you can stop getting raped without a warm gun of your own.
God answers my prayers, and I've live in Philadelphia since 1971 and have never been raped and I've never owned a gun.

God helps those who helps themselves also. Living in a bad area, a gun is a handy thing to have.

God helps those who helps themselves also. Living in a bad area, a gun is a handy thing to have.
I've never been sure where that God helps those who help themselves thing came from. My God is a helper of the helpless.

Here's a recent facebook post from Nathan Hamm:

God invites the uninvited‬,
‪welcomes the unwelcome‬,
‪includes the excluded‬,
‪forgives the unforgiven‬,
‪and loves the unloved.‬
‪That's what God is like.‬

I don't believe in carrying a gun and I actually don't believe in bad areas. Only that they may be some bad things going on there because of some people who have reached the end of their rope. And this can happen anywhere. People who fled the cities have sometimes found themselves facing violence from the opeoid epidemic. Frustration and desperation don't confine themselves to one area.

confined to one area , most people are confined to one area . Most people are confined because they have a job , friends , grocery stores , doctors , kids , schools , churches and other mundane services in one area Delores !!

I don't believe in carrying a gun and I actually don't believe in bad areas. Only that they may be some bad things going on there because of some people who have reached the end of their rope. And this can happen anywhere. People who fled the cities have sometimes found themselves facing violence from the opeoid epidemic. Frustration and desperation don't confine themselves to one area.

I hear Frank Sinatra's song "I Did It My Way" playing in the background. Good for you Delores, I'm glad you weren't ever harmed. Any time people look at the poor or under-priviledged and castigates them for 'being lazy' or 'they're just throw away angry people' I think of this quote.

"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is in an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob, and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglas -

That holds true regardless of race.

I hear Frank Sinatra's song "I Did It My Way" playing in the background.

I hear Bobby Darin's "Mack the Knife".

I'm reminded of the old story ----

A huge flood hit the local area. A farmer was quickly washed out of his house, and retreated to the roof.

"Dear God," he said, "Please help me. I have been a faithful and intrepid servant to You, and I believe you will protect me."

About 2 hours later, a guy in a boat came by and offered the farmer a lift, even though his boat was full. "Fear not," the farmer said, "God will provide for me."

Four hours later, a helicopter appeared, and dropped a line to the farmer. "Worry not," the farmer said, "God will provide for me."

Two hours later, the farmer drowned. When he arrived at the Gates, he was confused. "God," he said, "I begged for your help. I have been your faithful servant. Why did you forsake me?"

"Forsake you?", thundered God. "I didn't forsake you. I sent a boat and a helicopter for you. What more could I do?"

Maybe the same applies to a gun. Maybe that's the way God chooses to protect you.

Get one.

confined to one area , most people are confined to one area . Most people are confined because they have a job , friends , grocery stores , doctors , kids , schools , churches and other mundane services in one area Delores !!
Agreed. That's why most crimes are committed against someone within that area and who are usually the same race. Black-on-Black crime just gets more media attention and the entire area gets labeled bad. When white-on-white crime occurs, media doesn't similarly condemn the entire neighborhood.

I'm reminded of the old story ----

A huge flood hit the local area. A farmer was quickly washed out of his house, and retreated to the roof.

"Dear God," he said, "Please help me. I have been a faithful and intrepid servant to You, and I believe you will protect me."

About 2 hours later, a guy in a boat came by and offered the farmer a lift, even though his boat was full. "Fear not," the farmer said, "God will provide for me."

Four hours later, a helicopter appeared, and dropped a line to the farmer. "Worry not," the farmer said, "God will provide for me."

Two hours later, the farmer drowned. When he arrived at the Gates, he was confused. "God," he said, "I begged for your help. I have been your faithful servant. Why did you forsake me?"

"Forsake you?", thundered God. "I didn't forsake you. I sent a boat and a helicopter for you. What more could I do?"

Maybe the same applies to a gun. Maybe that's the way God chooses to protect you.

Get one.
I've heard the story. When I was attacked the one time at night, my prayer was immediately answered by the sudden appearance of car headlights behind us. It sent the guy running. When I looked back to thank the driver, the car was gone. I believe in divine intervention, in angels, and that God does sometimes send other people to our aid.

Agreed. That's why most crimes are committed against someone within that area and who are usually the same race. Black-on-Black crime just gets more media attention and the entire area gets labeled bad. When white-on-white crime occurs, media doesn't similarly condemn the entire neighborhood.
And the name of the neighborhood anywhere in America where white thug criminals routinely shoot one another in the streets is?

------------------------------------- doesn't happen in most of civilized white USA . Happens in areas in big city America and the crime and violence generally NOT white on white . Course that is changing due to importation of people from south of the USA border and funny that those violent criminal / people are officially catagorized as being Caucasion or White Delores .

might be hard to believe [for some] but my DAD saw these things / racial hate coming in the 60s . -------- just a comment !!
I think that sometimes we make anger and hatred the same thing. But being angry doesn't mean being full of hate. Spouses get angry at each other. Parents get angry at the kids. But we don't hate them just because we are angry about their behavior.

I think lots of black folks are angry with very good reason. But when they try to express that anger, they are told "forget about it" "get over it" "we're tired of hearing about it" "stop blaming others for your problems." They have been told how to think, feel and respond to something that was done to their ancestors and to a degree continues today. All the while they watch other groups hold annual prayer vigils to "remember the past, so we do not repeat it."
Are you a Christian?

anger or hatred , does it really matter ?? Anger or hatred is going to require that you and your kids pay restitution Delores .
Who pays these reparations?
----------------------------------------------------------------- future generation of Americans that are already stupidly saddled with large debt by student loans and other reasons Liberty !!

Delores advocates for young American now and in the future being slaves to people that have never been abused or enslaved by anyone . Course the whiners and liberals . dems like Delores who are looking for reparations are building the American society that will punish their own children and grandchildren forever Liberty .

Who pays these reparations?
Being so new to this forum, sometimes I'm confused about who is saying what to whom. If someone has asked me if I am Christian, the answer is yes.

Regarding reparations, I see it more as paying a debt. If we as a country would pay our debt to those who built our country and laid the foundation for its future wealth, we could put many complaints to rest. Once I pay my overdue bill, the stops ringing.

Our taxes have always gone to many who have not earned it. We pay subsidies to oil companies and large dairy farms. We pay politicians who already have millions of dollars to live on and go on recess more than they work. We pay foreign countries millions of dollars in aid. We pay so much for pet pork projects - like the bridge to nowhere? I believe that if we paid our debt by reinvesting in the inner cities we abandoned, it would go a long way towards creating peace in our nation.

I saw an episode of The United Shades of America. The host was talking to gang members in the south side of Chicago. As they walked through the neighborhood, they showed him "There used to be a rec center over there and we had organized basketball. There used to be a movie theater over there. There used to be a good school over there. But they took away all the funding and left us with no programs. They took away the jobs. What did they expect us to do but ban together and try to survive as best we could?"

And the name of the neighborhood anywhere in America where white thug criminals routinely shoot one another in the streets is?
Because there may not be a specific neighborhood to name at this time in history does not nullify the fact that there have been many mobsters, gangsters and criminals who did just that in our country. And they were glorified and idolized for it. Al Capone-the Chicago Outfit, the Irish Mob - oldest organized crime group in the U.S., the Italian mafia. But what I wonder is - did they or do they now call this white-on-white crime, and if not, why not? Why now, when black street gangs do the same thing - is it always and constantly referred to as black-on-black crime?

As I noted reading in a book recently - some blacks forget - they can act like white folks, but they will not be treated like white folks.

Forum List

Back