What Exactly Constitutes Racial Hate Crimes??

Jimmyeatworld said:
And...just to throw it in...they apparently have no sense of the history they seem to think empowers them. Shouting the name Martin Luther King right before you physically attack someone contradicts what the man stood for.

agree .... and they should be punished for being stupid

-=d=- said:
No...that cannot be said. Black-on-white crime is so rarely reported as a 'racial-hate crime' one can suggest it does not exist. Look at the examples i posted.
black on white crime is common place. its not news so why would stations report it? would it boost ratings? now white on black on the other hand...

freaking disgusting the lengths people will go to get their 15 minutes ( or millions depending on the circumstance).

suspiria said:
Just because a white or black person committs a crime against someone of another race does not make it a hate crime. Almost everycrime would be a hate crime than.

Baloney. First, most crimes are not interracial, therefore your statement that "Almost every crime would be a hate crime" does not hold up.

Second - where the heck have you been? Ask Jesse Jackson, or that greased pig Al Sharpton and they'll be more than happy to point out that any crime against a black is a hate crime if the perpetrator is of any other ethnicity. Ask the ACLU, ask the DNC. You'll get the same answers if you listen carefully enough.

Hate crime is nothing more than reverse discrimination designed to give blacks, homosexuals or the "minority du jour" preferential treatment and unfair advantage in the courts. Hate crime legislation is nothing more than a cheap warm fuzzy handed out by lib Democrats to make their black power base feel like the Demos give a rat's ass about them. Hate crime laws accomplish nothing except to cause those of us who would rather NOT be racist to take a defensive and less cooperative attitude toward race relations than we otherwise might. Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, the ACLU, lib nutbars and hate crime laws have done more to set back the cause of equal opportunity and racial tolerance than all the white supremacists and KKK members put together.

There is an ample body of law on the books to deal with violence, it requires no embellishment or augmentation. "Hate" crime is simply the stupid product of incompetent politicians whose motivation for passing such garbage has nothing to do with the true interest of minorities.

ScreamingEagle said:
I hate "hate crimes"!

This is just more PC crap created by the Left in order to confuse and muddle the law in order to tear apart our society.

But let's say a guy murdered two people:
1) He killed the first person because he wanted to steal his money
2) He killed the second person because he didn't like his color (hate crime)
Should the "hate crime" murder get more time in jail because of the motivation to kill?

Some say a crime of passion or temorary insanity should not get as much punishment as a premeditated murder. It seems to me that a "hate crime" would fall in this category (related to passion) and would therefore get LESS punishment, same as a crime of passion/temporary insanity. :dunno:

Very well spoken and on point...kudos to you! :teeth:

Merlin1047 said:
Baloney. First, most crimes are not interracial, therefore your statement that "Almost every crime would be a hate crime" does not hold up.

Second - where the heck have you been? Ask Jesse Jackson, or that greased pig Al Sharpton and they'll be more than happy to point out that any crime against a black is a hate crime if the perpetrator is of any other ethnicity. Ask the ACLU, ask the DNC. You'll get the same answers if you listen carefully enough.

Hate crime is nothing more than reverse discrimination designed to give blacks, homosexuals or the "minority du jour" preferential treatment and unfair advantage in the courts. Hate crime legislation is nothing more than a cheap warm fuzzy handed out by lib Democrats to make their black power base feel like the Demos give a rat's ass about them. Hate crime laws accomplish nothing except to cause those of us who would rather NOT be racist to take a defensive and less cooperative attitude toward race relations than we otherwise might. Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, the ACLU, lib nutbars and hate crime laws have done more to set back the cause of equal opportunity and racial tolerance than all the white supremacists and KKK members put together.

There is an ample body of law on the books to deal with violence, it requires no embellishment or augmentation. "Hate" crime is simply the stupid product of incompetent politicians whose motivation for passing such garbage has nothing to do with the true interest of minorities.

Not every crime is a hate crime, but there are allot of hate crimes because there are so many racists and bigots today. Whyshould minorities be protected from these crimes? they are the victims most of the time. My last post I was saying not everycrime that is committed against someone of a different race is a hate crime, which is true.

suspiria said:
Not every crime is a hate crime, but there are allot of hate crimes because there are so many racists and bigots today. Why minorities be protected from these crimes, they are the victims most of the time. My last post I was saying not everycrime that is committed against someone of a different race is a hate crime, which is true.
Minorities have racists and bigots amongst themselves too

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hate_crime

"A Hate Crime is a crime chiefly motivated by the hate

or gender identity of another individual or group of individuals." In 1994, the Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act added disabilities to the above list."

This website continues on with discussion and definition.

By this definision, if an individual of group of ______ (fill in blank) attacks an individual or group who is ______(fill in blank), then it qualifies as a hate crime. Especially if the first group is screaming things of a derogatory nature about the second group.

Easy enough to me. However, the definition is not what is in question.

The question is the eagerness of people to enforce and prosecute the law.

I promise you, if my child was attacked by that group of African-Americans, I would raise all kind of hell about it being a hate crime. Why? I would raise hell about my child being attacked first. I would want the offenders to be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Having it labeled as a "hate crime" would, in theory, bring harsher sentences.

suspiria said:
I know, everyone should be protected from hate crimes

Let's just abolish hate! Then all we'll have left to deal with are the love crimes, misdemeanors of good citizenship, and delay of gratification offenses. That'll be so much nicer!

That's quite a sig, suspiria. While we're having fun with all this, remember that John Kerry sunk his presidential campaign with only two words: "Global test". What a smart guy!

musicman said:
Let's just abolish hate! Then all we'll have left to deal with are the love crimes, misdemeanors of good citizenship, and delay of gratification offenses. That'll be so much nicer!

That's quite a sig, suspiria. While we're having fun with all this, remember that John Kerry sunk his presidential campaign with only two words: "Global test". What a smart guy!
Im pretty sure thats not why he lost, and he was too smart for some people

suspiria said:
Im pretty sure thats not why he lost, and he was too smart for some people

Wow... keep on believing that, please. It will make it much easier for the GOP to keep on winning!

Face it, you had two "smart" policy wonk candidates in a row (Gore and Kerry) and they both lost to the "dumb" Texan, George Bush. When are you going to figure out that you are using a losing strategy?

gop_jeff said:
Wow... keep on believing that, please. It will make it much easier for the GOP to keep on winning!

Face it, you had two "smart" policy wonk candidates in a row (Gore and Kerry) and they both lost to the "dumb" Texan, George Bush. When are you going to figure out that you are using a losing strategy?
It's not his fault a big percentage of people in this country can understand bush, because he is on there level. I guess kerry should have dumbed in down.

suspiria said:
It's not his fault a big percentage of people in this country can understand bush, because he is on there level. I guess kerry should have dumbed in down.

There it is - the beating heart of liberalism: its arrogance! Democrats are losing ground in every arena because America is stupid. Perfect!

musicman said:
There it is - the beating heart of liberalism: its arrogance! Democrats are losing ground in every arena because America is stupid. Perfect!
Well I guess we dont share the same veiw about the people in this country, who's stupid and what not

musicman said:
How are Liberals dumb?? Because they dont share your views??

suspiria said:
Well I guess we dont share the same veiw about the people in this country, who's stupid and what not

Guess not. :beer:

Enjoy obscurity and irrelevance.

suspiria said:
How are Liberals dumb?? Because they dont share your views??

I don't consider liberals dumb; I think them insane.

What else would you call repeating the same behavior over and over, and expecting different results?

musicman said:
I don't consider liberals dumb; I think them insane.

What else would you call repeating the same behavior over and over, and expecting differrent results?
And conservatives are different how?

suspiria said:

who's fault would it be?

Forum List

Back