What Exactly Constitutes Racial Hate Crimes??

Bonnie

Jun 30, 2004
Wherever
Marianna Hernandez, Brooklyn Skyline, Apr. 11

Invoking the name “Martin Luther King” and screaming “Black Power!” a gang of up to 30 black teens attacked four white girls in Marine Park in what police are saying is not a bias crime.

The March 30 attack was a hot topic at state Senator Marty Golden’s recent public safety forum.

According to witnesses and parents of the victims, four young girls from St. Edmund’s had the day off from school due to Easter recess. They were playing basketball during dismissal from nearby Marine Park Junior High School, when several Marine Park students demanded to use the court.

After adults intervened and asked them to wait their turn, the teens left—but returned in a pack of up to 30, both boys and girls, and stormed into the park.

Witnesses say the attackers were all black and called their victims “white crackers” during the bloody melee, which raged for almost 20 minutes.

“This is not being looked at as a bias crime,” NYPD Deputy Inspector Kevin McGinn said at the meeting.

{snip}

The St. Edmund girls were bleeding and beaten to the point where they had cuts, scrapes, footprints and dirt all over them—and the attackers surrounded her car and started pounding on the windows as Debbie tried to herd the terrified children into her vehicle.

Two girls were hospitalized—one with a broken nose and one with a head injury, according to Edith, the mother of another girl.

Read the rest of this story here.

(Posted on April 13, 2005)

http://www.amren.com/mtnews/archives/2005/04/nonbias_attack.php

you can not oppress the oppressor....whites deserve it....well that is their logic anyway....

guess turn about will be fair play when a group of 30 kkk dudes storm a basketball court and beat the tar out of 4 black kids?

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
manu1959 said:
you can not oppress the oppressor....whites deserve it....well that is their logic anyway....

guess turn about will be fair play when a group of 30 kkk dudes storm a basketball court and beat the tar out of 4 black kids?

Just because a white or black person committs a crime against someone of another race does not make it a hate crime. Almost everycrime would be a hate crime than.

In seattle a few years ago, a 'white' cop shot a 'black' motorist when the motorist grabbed the cop (who was standing outside the car, writing a ticket), and started to drive away. The cop drew his weapon, as he was being dragged along, and fired into the car, after a couple shouts to 'stop!'. The driver was killed.

"Black leaders" in the area organized protests, marches, and such - Even marching out onto Interestate 5 in downtown Seattle, during the evening commute..halting traffic. They were protesting the "Racial Motives" behind the shooting.

Fast forward a few weeks:

A black man, high on PCP was running naked through the streets. A white cop responded and attempted to contain the man. During a tustle, the Man got the Cop's weapon and shot him IN THE HEAD at near point blank range.

Within HOURS those same "Black Leaders" gave a news brief saying "There is NO way it was racially motivated".

:rolleyes:

I'm ashamed to be black in this city.

suspiria said:
Just because a white or black person committs a crime against someone of another race does not make it a hate crime. Almost everycrime would be a hate crime than.

This was clearly racially motivated, consider what the black kids said and did to the white kids.

suspiria said:

...You are most correct - however, to 'some' black folk, ANY white person committing a crime against them did so because they are 'racists'...that's the problem here.

-=d=- said:
...You are most correct - however, to 'some' black folk, ANY white person committing a crime against them did so because they are 'racists'...that's the problem here.

Well, as a black man, I'm sure you can tell us what the deal is! :D

-=d=- said:
Couldnt the same be said for" white" folk"??? thats quite a stereotype

suspiria said:
Couldnt the same be said for" white" folk"??? thats quite a stereotype

No...that cannot be said. Black-on-white crime is so rarely reported as a 'racial-hate crime' one can suggest it does not exist. Look at the examples i posted.

suspiria said:

you are right but that is not what happened you should read the article

suspiria said:

You're right! The skin color does not make a crime a hate crime. However, the things the kids were shouting as they attacked makes it seem such.

manu1959 said:

When I was in college, taking African American History, the professor said this in clas one day.... "It is impossible for a black person to be a racist. The definition of racism is a majority abusing a minority. Blacks are a minority, thus it is impossible for them to be racists." My jaw actually dropped open! I thought racism was about hatred directed at a group of people who have certain physical characteristics associated with their heritage. But I snapped my mouth shut real fast! All around me were "black" people nodding, and saying "uuuh-huh!"

-=d=- said:
In seattle a few years ago, a 'white' cop shot a 'black' motorist when the motorist grabbed the cop (who was standing outside the car, writing a ticket), and started to drive away. The cop drew his weapon, as he was being dragged along, and fired into the car, after a couple shouts to 'stop!'. The driver was killed.

"Black leaders" in the area organized protests, marches, and such - Even marching out onto Interestate 5 in downtown Seattle, during the evening commute..halting traffic. They were protesting the "Racial Motives" behind the shooting.

Fast forward a few weeks:

A black man, high on PCP was running naked through the streets. A white cop responded and attempted to contain the man. During a tustle, the Man got the Cop's weapon and shot him IN THE HEAD at near point blank range.

Within HOURS those same "Black Leaders" gave a news brief saying "There is NO way it was racially motivated".

:rolleyes:

I'm ashamed to be black in this city.

i would argue that neither were racially motivated....the black leaders are full oif shyte though

manu1959 said:
i would argue that neither were racially motivated....the black leaders are full oif shyte though

I would agree. Both are instances of people being poor citizens. It's just striking how quickly those 'leaders' come to the defense of their 'lead' when the 'victim' is a white guy.

:(

epithets while committing the attack it's probably a "hate crime". But my premise would be that all crimes are the result of hate. I murdered you because I hate, am jealous, am envious.. etc. I rob because I hate to work and am envious of the things others have. I rape because I hate women. I lie because I hate the truth about what I am or have done.. Kinda see where I'm going with this? All crime is a form of hate. Hate against society, others, God.. Crime is a result of a mind that hates...

BR-549 said:
epithets while committing the attack it's probably a "hate crime". But my premise would be that all crimes are the result of hate. I murdered you because I hate, am jealous, am envious.. etc. I rob because I hate to work and am envious of the things others have. I rape because I hate women. I lie because I hate the truth about what I am or have done.. Kinda see where I'm going with this? All crime is a form of hate. Hate against society, others, God.. Crime is a result of a mind that hates...
I have never understood the premise of prosecuting "hate" crimes. This is America! You can't make it a crime to feel a certain way! Certainly prosecute actions (ie, assault, harassment,etc.), but you can't make it a crime to feel a certain way, no matter how bad that feeling is. What was that movie with Tom Cruise? "Minority Report"? where they went after the person for intended murder...

mom4 said:
I have never understood the premise of prosecuting "hate" crimes. This is America! You can't make it a crime to feel a certain way! Certainly prosecute actions (ie, assault, harassment,etc.), but you can't make it a crime to feel a certain way, no matter how bad that feeling is. What was that movie with Tom Cruise? "Minority Report"? where they went after the person for intended murder...

Yes, good point, though I'm constrained to point out that a person's mental state is an element of most crimes. When it comes to political viewpoints, however, that does make it a little scary. The fact is that all people of all races do have racial feeling. Meaning, it's on your mind. If a black perosn is beating the bejeezus out of you, you (if you are white) are probably not just thinking, "what a jerk," you're probably thinking, "this effing ________." Same if you are a black person and a white cop is giving you some extra "attention" because you're black.

Hey, people. There's a great solution. It's called racial separation. We should at least give it some serious thought.

mom4 said:

I hate "hate crimes"!

This is just more PC crap created by the Left in order to confuse and muddle the law in order to tear apart our society.

But let's say a guy murdered two people:
1) He killed the first person because he wanted to steal his money
2) He killed the second person because he didn't like his color (hate crime)
Should the "hate crime" murder get more time in jail because of the motivation to kill?

Some say a crime of passion or temorary insanity should not get as much punishment as a premeditated murder. It seems to me that a "hate crime" would fall in this category (related to passion) and would therefore get LESS punishment, same as a crime of passion/temporary insanity. :dunno:

ScreamingEagle said:
I hate "hate crimes"!

This is just more PC crap created by the Left in order to confuse and muddle the law in order to tear apart our society.

But let's say a guy murdered two people:
1) He killed the first person because he wanted to steal his money
2) He killed the second person because he didn't like his color (hate crime)
Should the "hate crime" murder get more time in jail because of the motivation to kill?

Some say a crime of passion or temorary insanity should not get as much punishment as a premeditated murder. It seems to me that a "hate crime" would fall in this category (related to passion) and would therefore get LESS punishment, same as a crime of passion/temporary insanity. :dunno:

In my opinion, it's pretty simple. If you kill somebody, you get the appropriate punishment no matter what race they were or why you killed them. These "hate crimes" put more emphasis on why person A killed/attacked person B, instead of concentrating on the simple fact that person A is a killer/attacker.

I always think of Matthew Shepherd. What happened to him is horrific, and the people that did it should be punished to the extent of the law. The fact that he was gay doesn't make it any more horrific, it would be a hateful thing to do to anyone.

As far as the story at the top of the thread, the black girls should be punished for beating the hell out of the white girls just because they beat the hell out of them. It apparently was racially motivated, but that shouldn't make it any better or any worse.

And...just to throw it in...they apparently have no sense of the history they seem to think empowers them. Shouting the name Martin Luther King right before you physically attack someone contradicts what the man stood for.

Forum List

Back