What exactly constitutes a sin?

-Cp

Sep 23, 2004
Earth
powerman said:
What do you mean by a sin condition? Humans have sinned since their existence. And what exactly constitutes a sin? Something that you disagree with?

I'm being serious here. What do you think constitutes a sin?

Simple:

Any lack of conformity to the perfect moral standard of God is sin.

Sounds like a rational explanation.

What God are you referring to? There are hundreds of thousands of them?

Ok, here's my definition of sin, from a Biblical standpoint. I think a Biblical standpoint is appropriate as you don't usually hear people outside Christianity, Judaism, and Islam refer to sin very often, and the three religions have very similar rules concerning sin.

Things you do:
God has commanded us not to do certain things. Doing those things is a sin. These things can be found in the Ten Commandments and some of the letters Paul sent to the churches, most notably the letters to the Corinthians and Galatians.

Things you say:
There are some things God has ordered us not to say. Saying those things is sin. Such things include swearing, slander, and taking his name in vain.

Things you don't do:
Sometimes we sin by our inaction. Failing to intervene on the behalf of others and failure to stop wrong-doers, given the chance, are sins.

In brief, sinning is any action or deliberate inaction that goes against the commandments of God.

I believe no 'action' is a sin...Sin is a condition of the heart/spirit. The best example I can show which points to that is:

"...Look - when you see a hot woman, think to yourself 'MAN! Would I like to get a piece of THAT', you've already sinned because you've nailed her 'in your heart'" - Jesus

Just as we cannot be saved thru simple works, I believe we don't sin from works...rather, the works are the result of our salvation, or sin.

we can also sin against eachother - in spite of, or regardless of what God tells us... :(

-=d=- said:
"...Look - when you see a hot woman, think to yourself 'MAN! Would I like to get a piece of THAT', you've already sinned because you've nailed her 'in your heart'" - Jesus

(

YOU SINNER!

Attachments

• $photo07.jpg
    $photo07.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 97
There is only one God.
----------------
That's your belief. But you aren't the only person that is monotheistic. So which religion is right is the question?

Powerman said:
There is only one God.
----------------
That's your belief. But you aren't the only person that is monotheistic. So which religion is right is the question?

No "Religion" is the "Right one" - however, a relationship with Jesus Christ is the way to go if you want to live in triumph over your sins and enjoy eternal life...

Religion is man's way to find God - Christ was God's way to restore mankind back to himself..

ALL other beliefs have their followers trying to "reach out to their God(s)" - Christianity is different from all others in that it teaches God reached out to man..

No "Religion" is the "Right one" - however, a relationship with Jesus Christ is the way to go if you want to live in triumph over your sins and enjoy eternal life...
-------------------
You're right. Fuck all the muslims, hindus, and Jews and every other religion that ever existed. They are all dirty infidels right?

-Cp said:

Religion is man's way to find God - Christ was God's way to restore mankind back to himself..

ALL other beliefs have their followers trying to "reach out to their God(s)" - Christianity is different from all others in that it teaches God reached out to man..

Ah but what is the right way to Christ? Seems that many do not think that there is anyway but theirs...

-=d=- said:
I believe no 'action' is a sin...Sin is a condition of the heart/spirit. The best example I can show which points to that is:

Just as we cannot be saved thru simple works, I believe we don't sin from works...rather, the works are the result of our salvation, or sin.

we can also sin against eachother - in spite of, or regardless of what God tells us... :(

I could be wrong, but I'm not sure that's a direct quote ....... :laugh:

Ah but what is the right way to Christ? Seems that many do not think that there is anyway but theirs...

----------------------

And those people are what you would call religous bigots. I've actually seen people tell Catholics that they aren't Christians. Lunacy!

-=d=- said:
It's a direct translation...I beleive that's pretty close to how Jesus would have said it if he were around today...etc. :D

So you have a direct line? Your translation is 'the one.'? Which translation is that btw?

Kathianne said:
So you have a direct line? Your translation is 'the one.'? Which translation is that btw?

Direct line from what? I can read the bible and interpret what I read. What I 'quoted' is VERY accurate to the message Jesus was teaching. It's 'real language' translation. :)

Kathianne said:

There is no 'right' way to christ, because that would imply there is more than one.

Regardless of what people say, JESUS tells us how to find him. It's pretty easy.

"Read the Bible. Believe what He says."

Ta-da! :) hehe..

Forum List

Back