What ever happened to the "We'll Stand Down as the Stand Up" strategy

I freely admit that I don't know if bush himself ever said that iraq would be cheap and easy. That very well might be my mistake.

It's without a doubt, that members of his adminstration, and their allies in the rightwing media, sold this war as likely to be relatively painless to the american taxpayer.

See how easy it is to admit a mistake, gunny?

Uhh, Sarge?

The honorable and mature response from you at this point would be:

"Fair enough. Thanks for admitting it. Well all make mistakes."

I'm not sure if you have maturity or honor, but that's how I respond when someone graciously admits they may have made a mistake.

Wrong answer. Bush has consistantly said it would take years. This is the same game you wackos play with the " Bush Lied" and " Bush Stole the election" ruse.

Either provide the quote or admit your wrong, or i will rightly assume your a Liar.

Provide what quote exactly?

Here is one of Cheney saying that it won't take years. That will hold you over, until you can tell me what exactly you want a quote for.

On CBS's "Face the Nation" on March 16, Cheney said the fight would be "weeks rather than months.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dyn/A44801-2003Mar28?language=printer

Uhh, Sarge?

The honorable and mature response from you at this point would be:

"Fair enough. Thanks for admitting it. Well all make mistakes."

I'm not sure if you have maturity or honor, but that's how I respond when someone graciously admits they may have made a mistake.

You have not graciously admitted anything. You said " maybe" and have an entire post before it trying to justify your position using the "administration". You want Kudo's for saying Ya, BUT..... It doesn't work that way.

On top of it you went tooth and nail after Gunny even after he told you what HE meant by what he said.

This is like a certain CBS news Anchor and his " well it may have been a forgery, BUT it was still true" attempt to save face.

You have not graciously admitted anything. You said " maybe" and have an entire post before it trying to justify your position using the "administration". You want Kudo's for saying Ya, BUT..... It doesn't work that way.

On top of it you went tooth and nail after Gunny even after he told you what HE meant by what he said.

This is like a certain CBS news Anchor and his " well it may have been a forgery, BUT it was still true" attempt to save face.

Gunny's not your wife. You don't have to rush to his defense.

He offered two different explanations for his claim that "NOBODY" (except lefties) predicted iraq would be cheap or easy.

When somebody offers two different explanations, after confronted with evidence that contradicts their assertion, we have a word for that: SPIN.

Provide what quote exactly?

Here is one of Cheney saying that it won't take years. That will hold you over, until you can tell me what exactly you want a quote for.

On CBS's "Face the Nation" on March 16, Cheney said the fight would be "weeks rather than months.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dyn/A44801-2003Mar28?language=printer

I suggest you READ your link, it does not say what you purport it to say. Cheney did not predict the war would be over in weeks. he warned that he thought we could win in weeks but that such may not be the case. Further he was speaking of the armed fight between troops of Iraq and troops of the Coalition. Another example of the left twisting what was said to support their skewed view of the world.

Remind me again how Bush declared the war over on a Carrier because of a banner that was specific to THAT Carriers operation in the war.

He offered two different explanations for his claim that "NOBODY" (except lefties) predicted iraq would be cheap or easy.

When somebody offers two different explanations, after confronted with evidence that contradicts their assertion, we have a word for that: SPIN.

Got word for lying sacks of shit too. See if you can figure out what it is.

Waiting still for the Qoute from Bush.

*sigh*

Please quote where I said that Bush said anything. As I have not claimed that Bush said anything, I am curious as to why you are waiting for a quote from Bush.

Rather what I did say, which is true and which you quoted, but failed to respond too, was that Bush administration officials SPEAK for Bush. It is the administration which made a case for war and said it would be over quickly and would be easy. That Bush himself did not say it is irrelevant.

The only one spinning here is you.

It is simple really... State that you were wrong, Bush NEVER said the war would be quick, easy and cheap. As you claimed he and I did.

*sigh*

Please quote where I said that Bush said anything. As I have not claimed that Bush said anything, I am curious as to why you are waiting for a quote from Bush.

Rather what I did say, which is true and which you quoted, but failed to respond too, was that Bush administration officials SPEAK for Bush. It is the administration which made a case for war and said it would be over quickly and would be easy. That Bush himself did not say it is irrelevant.

Your claim is not even supported by your link. No one stated the we would be in and out of Iraq cheaply and quickly.

I suggest you READ your link, it does not say what you purport it to say. Cheney did not predict the war would be over in weeks. he warned that he thought we could win in weeks but that such may not be the case. Further he was speaking of the armed fight between troops of Iraq and troops of the Coalition. Another example of the left twisting what was said to support their skewed view of the world.

Remind me again how Bush declared the war over on a Carrier because of a banner that was specific to THAT Carriers operation in the war.

No, actually he predicted that we would win in weeks. Thats what "On CBS's "Face the Nation" on March 16, Cheney said the fight would be "weeks rather than months." means. That he qualified it afterwards by saying "I might be wrong" is irrelevant. All that is saying is that it is a prediction, and like all predictions, they are prone to being incorrect.

As to your second point, I have another quote for you "Asked if Americans are prepared for a "long, costly and bloody battle," Cheney replied: "Well, I don't think it's likely to unfold that way. . . . The read we get on the people of Iraq is there is no question but what they want to the get rid of Saddam Hussein, and they will welcome as liberators the United States when we come to do that.""

Want to try and spin that as well? Have fun, he didn't qualify himself that time.

Your claim is not even supported by your link. No one stated the we would be in and out of Iraq cheaply and quickly.

Learn to read what I said, and then come back to me. Also please learn to differentiate between different posters.

No, actually he predicted that we would win in weeks. Thats what "On CBS's "Face the Nation" on March 16, Cheney said the fight would be "weeks rather than months." means. That he qualified it afterwards by saying "I might be wrong" is irrelevant. All that is saying is that it is a prediction, and like all predictions, they are prone to being incorrect.

As to your second point, I have another quote for you "Asked if Americans are prepared for a "long, costly and bloody battle," Cheney replied: "Well, I don't think it's likely to unfold that way. . . . The read we get on the people of Iraq is there is no question but what they want to the get rid of Saddam Hussein, and they will welcome as liberators the United States when we come to do that.""

Want to try and spin that as well? Have fun, he didn't qualify himself that time.

I don't need to, MOST Iraqis DO respect and like us and ARE glad we overthrew Saddam. They are however afraid we won't stay, thanks to people like you and the liberals, so hedge their bets ( since it is their LIVES they are betting) by being cautious.

The only one spinning here is you.

It is simple really... State that you were wrong, Bush NEVER said the war would be quick, easy and cheap. As you claimed he and I did.

I don't know if Bush claimed the war would be cheap and easy. I don't know what you claimed. I was wrong to assert for a fact that you or bush did.

I do know that the Bush Adminstration, and the rightwing media sold this war based on claims that it would be relatively painless to the american taxpayer.

And I do know, they did not anticipate an insurgency or civil war.

And I'm pretty sure that in May 2003 you, and people like you, were back slapping each other, high fiving, spiking the ball in the end zone, and taunting the anti-war people that they were wrong aboutyour war being a mistake, and that the iraqis may well not welcome an occupation.

I don't know if Bush claimed the war would be cheap and easy. I don't know what you claimed. I was wrong to assert for a fact that you or bush did.

I do know that the Bush Adminstration, and the rightwing media sold this war based on claims that it would be relatively painless to the american taxpayer.

And I do know, they did not anticipate an insurgency or civil war.

And I'm pretty sure that in May 2003 you, and people like you, were back slapping each other, high fiving, spiking the ball in the end zone, and taunting the anti-war people that they were wrong aboutyour war being a mistake, and that the iraqis may well not welcome an occupation.

So you can not do as you claim, you can not JUST ADMIT your wrong. Thanks for proving my point.

As for your last paragraph, you are an idiot, you do not know me, nor what I think, nor what I did during the ground war and after.

I don't need to, MOST Iraqis DO respect and like us and ARE glad we overthrew Saddam. They are however afraid we won't stay, thanks to people like you and the liberals, so hedge their bets ( since it is their LIVES they are betting) by being cautious.

Most is not "the Iraqi people". Most is over 50% which is true. The Iraqi people, as a whole, do not respect us, nor do they like us, nor are they glad we overthrew Saddam.

In fact, Most of them have wanted us to go away for a while now. http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/09/26/AR2006092601721.html

Since you have demanded so many apologies of me for "lying", I think I'll demand one from you now. They obviously aren't "afraid" we won't stay. I'll accept the apology once you give it, but make it long and flowing please.

So you can not do as you claim, you can not JUST ADMIT your wrong. Thanks for proving my point.

As for your last paragraph, you are an idiot, you do not know me, nor what I think, nor what I did during the ground war and after.
\

You are clearly a man without honor.

I don't know if bush said iraq would be cheap and easy. I haven't researched it. I was wrong to assert that it was factually true.

But, the Bush adminstration and the rightwingers in the media sold this war as being cheap and easy. Right?

\

You are clearly a man without honor.

I don't know if bush said iraq would be cheap and easy. I haven't researched it. I was wrong to assert that it was factually true.

But, the Bush adminstration and the rightwingers in the media sold this war as being cheap and easy. Right?

Honor? You wouldn't know what honor was if it was a 300 pound bear attacking you.

Your " admitting your wrong" consists of BUT and includes personal attacks on me with no evidence to support it.

Most is not "the Iraqi people". Most is over 50% which is true. The Iraqi people, as a whole, do not respect us, nor do they like us, nor are they glad we overthrew Saddam.

In fact, Most of them have wanted us to go away for a while now. http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/09/26/AR2006092601721.html

Since you have demanded so many apologies of me for "lying", I think I'll demand one from you now. They obviously aren't "afraid" we won't stay. I'll accept the apology once you give it, but make it long and flowing please.

You do not want the "apology" I would give. In your case I am only sorry about one thing.

You do not want the "apology" I would give. In your case I am only sorry about one thing.

So basically you made shit up, incorrectly accused me of lying/being wrong, and obviously have no idea what you are talking about.

By the way...when they are Administration officials justifying a war right before we go to war, they are talking for the president. So you are wrong about that as well.

Forum List

Back