what ever happened to obama's almost 1 billion dollar election war chest?

does anyone know? i don't think he even spent half of it...

Well, christians tithe, which would explain why Jeremiah Wright now lives in Tinley Park.

Since he didn't take public funds, he can keep it all.

does anyone know? i don't think he even spent half of it...

I don't know.

Is he allowed to use what's left for reelection?

the silence of the dems

Oddly, I have no clue what you are talking about ... but then I never paid any attention to American Idol stars no matter what they were doing.

wtf-funny-dog-pictures-i-has-a-hotdog-but-i-eated-it.jpg

Google is our friend.

So what options are open to Obama for how he spends the money? Under FEC guidelines, there are many.

One is to save it for a 2012 reelection campaign, assuming Obama decides to run again, giving a $29.3 million head start to the most prolific fundraising candidate in history.

Obama also can give unlimited additional amounts to national, state, and local party committees. If Obama donates funds to other candidates, his donations will be restricted to $2,000 per campaign (or $4,000 for a primary plus a general election). If he donates to PACs, he will be limited to $5,000 per year for each PAC he supports.

Issue advocacy is another option. If the president-elect wants, for instance, to air TV, radio, or print ads supporting any of his policy initiatives, he will be able to do so without spending restrictions from the FEC. The Obama campaign declined to comment on whether using the money for issue advocacy had been discussed.

Obama also can give unlimited amounts to charity, if he so chooses. He can also invest unlimited amounts of the remaining cash, though income from investments would be taxed. Money market funds, government bonds, stocks, and certificates of deposit all appear to be fair game under a 1999 FEC advisory opinion on campaign investments.

Anything not designated by the FEC as "personal use"--such as vacation for his family, tickets to sporting events, tuition for his daughters, etc.--will be open to Obama as an option for the $29.3 million.

TheHill.com - Obama weighing what to do with left over $29.9 Million

Since he didn't take public funds, he can keep it all.

For personal use?

Well, I don't know for a fact, but I think that since it isn't considered "public money"...

Can anybody enlighten us?

It's still campaign funds, though. I would be pretty surprised if it could be allocated for personal use.

Wasn't he supposed to pay off Hillary's campaign debt with some of the money or something?

For personal use?

Well, I don't know for a fact, but I think that since it isn't considered "public money"...

Can anybody enlighten us?

It's still campaign funds, though. I would be pretty surprised if it could be allocated for personal use.

Wasn't he supposed to pay off Hillary's campaign debt with some of the money or something?

He wasn't about to use his OWN money. He sent out emails asking his Obamatrons to pay it off.

Google is our friend.

So what options are open to Obama for how he spends the money? Under FEC guidelines, there are many.

One is to save it for a 2012 reelection campaign, assuming Obama decides to run again, giving a $29.3 million head start to the most prolific fundraising candidate in history.

Obama also can give unlimited additional amounts to national, state, and local party committees. If Obama donates funds to other candidates, his donations will be restricted to $2,000 per campaign (or $4,000 for a primary plus a general election). If he donates to PACs, he will be limited to $5,000 per year for each PAC he supports.

Issue advocacy is another option. If the president-elect wants, for instance, to air TV, radio, or print ads supporting any of his policy initiatives, he will be able to do so without spending restrictions from the FEC. The Obama campaign declined to comment on whether using the money for issue advocacy had been discussed.

Obama also can give unlimited amounts to charity, if he so chooses. He can also invest unlimited amounts of the remaining cash, though income from investments would be taxed. Money market funds, government bonds, stocks, and certificates of deposit all appear to be fair game under a 1999 FEC advisory opinion on campaign investments.

Anything not designated by the FEC as "personal use"--such as vacation for his family, tickets to sporting events, tuition for his daughters, etc.--will be open to Obama as an option for the $29.3 million.

Whoa! Really?!

He'd be an idiot to use the money for that ... he'd get raked over the coals.

Google is our friend.

Whoa! Really?!

People are so brainwashed, they would let it go.

The Obama-loving press would say he has been working so hard, he needs a break. They would show the little ones frollicking in the waves or on some amusement park ride and the masses would eat it up.

Google is our friend.

Whoa! Really?!

The Obama-loving press would say he has been working so hard, he needs a break. They would show the little ones frollicking in the waves or on some amusement park ride and the masses would eat it up.

I was thinking more during the next campaign than here and now.

nice find burp, i googled it and couldn't find it...

somehow i really question the only 30 mill remaining...that means he spent nearly 700 million dollars....wow

obama bought that election...

Whoa! Really?!

I was thinking more during the next campaign than here and now.

Ahh....true. There will be enough left over for that.

New Topics

Forum List

Back