What ever happened to magical creation and intelligent design?

56bdea86663def07e0e82e858b1259a1.gif

I remember when republicans worked tirelessly to teach that nonsense in schools.

What happened?

You leftists made schools so toxic and dangerous for our children that a lot of us sent them to private schools or decided to homeschool.
Yea homeschool.

I hear that really helps Republican children.

You hear a lot of shit that isn't worth the air it takes to say it, so I'm not surprised you know nothing about this subject, either.

All three of my children were homeschooled, and every one of them could kick your ass in a debate, including the 3rd grader.

sent them to private schools or decided to homeschool.
And from what I understand, university professors are starting to see the results, as kids are coming to them with no writing skills and the science knowledge of a 2nd grader in Sunday school class.

And from what I understand, university professors are starting to see the results, as kids are coming to them with no writing skills and the science knowledge of a 2nd grader in Sunday school class.

Less than a third of 8th graders in this country are proficient in the core studies of math, science, and reading. The high school graduation rate is around 70%,and according to ACT, the college admissions test administrators, 76% of THOSE aren't prepared for college-level courses. We rank near the bottom of the OECD in math proficiency.

Yeah, all those remedial dumbasses showing up to college are due to homeschooling. You, obviously, were a public school graduate yourself.

On an anecdotal level, my homeschooled 3rd grader just finished reading "Ivanhoe". How old were YOU the first time you read it? He can also tell you what a light-year is, how many miles are in a light year, how far the sun is from the earth, and calculate how long it takes the light from the sun to reach the earth based on that information. Can YOU do that without looking it up on the Internet?

And before you start in on "socialization", let me point out that I am routinely congratulated on how well-mannered my homeschooled children are whenever I take them out in public, while at least some public school children are being "socialized" to shoot their classmates, and even the peaceable ones I see every day have the manners and social skills of a pack of hyenas.

So thanks for your attempt at superciliousness, but I'll just do without your wise guidance on the subject of child-rearing.

I remember when republicans worked tirelessly to teach that nonsense in schools.

What happened?

They ran into a wall of facts that the courts weren't going to throw out.

Don't worry, cons never quit with their need to force their myth-filled non-reality on everyone else. They are in the batshit lab working on the next generation of verbal lie-craft.

I would have no problem teaching all theories regarding the beginning of the Universe if done without pushing one idea over another.
God creating something out of nothing really sounds as fantastic and magical as a singularity creating something out of nothing.
Neither can be proved or disproved with our minimal understanding.

That's because homeschooling works
No, I have seen the idiotic things you say about science and about history...so no, your homeschooling most certainly does NOT work. Unless you manage to put aside your idiotic religion when teaching these things.

Less than a third of 8th graders in this country are proficient in the core studies of math, science, and reading. The high school graduation rate is around 70%,and according to ACT, the college admissions test administrators, 76% of THOSE aren't prepared for college-level courses. We rank near the bottom of the OECD in math proficiency.

Yeah, all those remedial dumbasses showing up to college are due to homeschooling. You, obviously, were a public school graduate yourself.

On an anecdotal level, my homeschooled 3rd grader just finished reading "Ivanhoe". How old were YOU the first time you read it? He can also tell you what a light-year is, how many miles are in a light year, how far the sun is from the earth, and calculate how long it takes the light from the sun to reach the earth based on that information. Can YOU do that without looking it up on the Internet?

And before you start in on "socialization", let me point out that I am routinely congratulated on how well-mannered my homeschooled children are whenever I take them out in public, while at least some public school children are being "socialized" to shoot their classmates, and even the peaceable ones I see every day have the manners and social skills of a pack of hyenas.

So thanks for your attempt at superciliousness, but I'll just do without your wise guidance on the subject of child-rearing.

Good, pass on your knowledge to others.

Yeah, all those remedial dumbasses showing up to college are due to homeschooling.
Not all of them. But the ones showing up to biology 101 insisting that Jaysus made the animals? Yep...homeschooled and private schooled.

Your invented scenarios would have more oomph if they involved something that would even remotely be detrimental to the academic subject. Of course, that would require you to know something about the subject, which is clearly asking too much.

To put it in terms you might possibly understand, believing in divine creation of life didn't prevent me from learning anything about biology. Feel free to put your "superior" public school education up against mine any time you'd like.

That's because homeschooling works
No, I have seen the idiotic things you say about science and about history...so no, your homeschooling most certainly does NOT work. Unless you manage to put aside your idiotic religion when teaching these things.

I haven't said anything about science and history yet, fucknut. You could obviously benefit from a little homeschooling on reading comprehension.

There's nothing about my religion that prevents me - and my children - from making you look like a Neanderthal picking his own lice for a snack, Chuckles. If you want to criticize something for being "idiotic", you should start by not sounding so incredibly ignorant yourself.

Forum List

Back