What events in a life are newsworthy 20 years on?

Sep 12, 2008
To me, spiritualism and belief in the healing powers of pretty rocks are grounds for suspecting intellectual capacity. But if you put away silly 20 years ago, then it is less of a big deal.

If you did stupid as a teenager in terms of felony, that is cause for greater concern, but lots of folks do stupid and grow out of it.

Talking to dead people at age 50 is not the same at goofing around with candles and halloween masks at 16.

So are there any loose and slippery definitions of what constitutes something discuss worthy from 20 years ago. Hard and fast is going to be impossible

WEll if your not running for public office then normally what you did 20 years ago wouldn't matter a hill of beans.

However, if you are running for public office then anything and everything you did from the time you got out of diapers seems to appear important.

There will always be someone out there ready, willing and able to put your whole life on public display.

Unless, of course, you name is Obama. LOL

WEll if your not running for public office then normally what you did 20 years ago wouldn't matter a hill of beans.

However, if you are running for public office then anything and everything you did from the time you got out of diapers seems to appear important.

There will always be someone out there ready, willing and able to put your whole life on public display.

Excuse me? Obama's entire life has been dissected over and over again. They're still discussing where he was born, for heaven's sake.

To me, spiritualism and belief in the healing powers of pretty rocks are grounds for suspecting intellectual capacity. But if you put away silly 20 years ago, then it is less of a big deal.

If you did stupid as a teenager in terms of felony, that is cause for greater concern, but lots of folks do stupid and grow out of it.

Talking to dead people at age 50 is not the same at goofing around with candles and halloween masks at 16.

So are there any loose and slippery definitions of what constitutes something discuss worthy from 20 years ago. Hard and fast is going to be impossible

I wasn't real sure what you were talking about until I read a couple of comments. You're probably referring to Ms. O'Donnell's dabble in witchcraft. I also think it's silly to imagine that she continues that practice. On the other hand, it's equally as silly to believe that because Obama admitted to dabbling in marijuana and cocaine a long time ago that he's a "coke head" now (as many accuse him of being, among other selective silly lies).

It really pisses me off that MSM runs with these moronic stories to the near exclusion of real news. I couldn't care less what O'Donnell did in her formative years.

I wasn't real sure what you were talking about until I read a couple of comments. You're probably referring to Ms. O'Donnell's dabble in witchcraft. I also think it's silly to imagine that she continues that practice. On the other hand, it's equally as silly to believe that because Obama admitted to dabbling in marijuana and cocaine a long time ago that he's a "coke head" now (as many accuse him of being, among other selective silly lies).

It really pisses me off that MSM runs with these moronic stories to the near exclusion of real news. I couldn't care less what O'Donnell did in her formative years.

What main stream Right leaning news has given any significant coverage to Obama's former drug use, or called him a crack head?

For that matter who really brings it up here? I do see it happening all the much.

Is the antichrist actually born?

That's another fave of a few websites. However, how can Obama be the Anti-Christ (who is defined as a smooth-talking person who will bring ALL people to his side), when his popularity has been dropping about 5 points a month?

That's another fave of a few websites. However, how can Obama be the Anti-Christ (who is defined as a smooth-talking person who will bring ALL people to his side), when his popularity has been dropping about 5 points a month?

It amazes me though, about 1/2 of the Tea Partiers I know think that Obama is actually the antichrist.

What main stream Right leaning news has given any significant coverage to Obama's former drug use, or called him a crack head?

For that matter who really brings it up here? I do see it happening all the much.

That was the only example that popped into my head to equate "silly" with the witchcraft thing. My serious point was how "news" outlets pick and choose what's "newsworthy." Bill Maher is having some fun with O'Donnell, but now every time he releases a snippet from one of his interviews with O'Donnell, we'll have to sit through 15 minutes at the top of the hour hearing all about it on every cable channel.

IMO, deciding elections on dabbling in witchcraft, opinions on masturbation and such is a pretty lousy methodology.

you're right Maggie, what someone did 22 years ago is irrelevant to who they are today, unless they have shown a pattern of the same behavior. In your example, to my knowledge Obama hasn't smoked weed in at least a decade, so what he did before that has no bearing on who he is today.

People who continually bring up stuff from that long ago are brain dead nincompoops who may as well just post in their signature that they have conceded defeat to that person.

It amazes me though, about 1/2 of the Tea Partiers I know think that Obama is actually the antichrist.

I'm not Tea Party and I think he is the antichrist.

Excuse me? Obama's entire life has been dissected over and over again. They're still discussing where he was born, for heaven's sake.

It's always different when it's your guys.

Haven't you learned that rightwing commandment?

Oh no, Obama has never gotten bashed here. Which means you'll enjoy seeing this witchcraft pic for the first time:

obama-witchdoctor-muck.jpg

Not much out of teenage years,Unless it is positive and extraordinary ,Teenage failing ones as common as Ods unworthy of comment.
Adult failures fair game

Forum List

Back