What Europe's media thought of the Trump speech

European Media will keep criticizing his intentions about NATO and about making every country pay for any help. I doubt their "leaders" will love it.

Retired British Foreign Office diplomat Jonathan Clarke:

Trump’s policy critics were likely to argue that keeping major US forces in Europe was essential to America’s foreign policy agenda in the region, Clarke suggested.

Clarke maintained that for many years European leaders had quietly taken advantage of this rationale to reject repeated US requests that they increase their own financial and military contributions to NATO.
US Defense, Foreign Policy Establishments to Resist Trump Policies

It is time to get out of Europe with our military, Germany is not a threat, the Soviets are gone and Europe can defend itself...

European Media will keep criticizing his intentions about NATO and about making every country pay for any help. I doubt their "leaders" will love it.

Trump’s policy critics were likely to argue that keeping major US forces in Europe was essential to America’s foreign policy agenda in the region, Clarke suggested.

Clarke maintained that for many years European leaders had quietly taken advantage of this rationale to reject repeated US requests that they increase their own financial and military contributions to NATO.

And Trump is totally right!

NATO allies must pay their bills!

It's not right for USA to pay for them!

Of course Europeans are not going to like Trump's speech....it goes without saying.

And Trump is totally right!

NATO allies must pay their bills!

It's not right for USA to pay for them!

Of course Europeans are not going to like Trump's speech....it goes without saying.
And everybody is wondering: why European "leaders" don't endorse Trump. That's ^ why! And they never will until European people exchange their "leaders" for the real leaders and patriots, not traitors.

Last edited:
We do know that Pootin loves him some Trump...Those two are like two peas inna pod...
What's wrong with making friends with Russia? Russian friendship would be beneficial for both countries.

I am sure it is, as long as we each take a slice of the world equally...
You prefer to keep the whole world to ourselves? You need to share.... cannot be too selfish but I am sure you were taught that during your childhood.

Soviets are gone? You can't be serious.
Well, they are not gone, gone, gone. They are well and alive in the governments of Western European countries.

Putin a few days ago: " One of the EU leaders – a former leader—told me that the ratio of binding decisions adopted by the European Parliament is higher than made by the USSR Supreme Soviet in relation to Soviet republics.

This means that the concentration of power at the top there is very high. Some like it and want to continue down this road of erasing national borders, whereas others do not like it.

Answers to media questions

I really don't understand this fascination with what other countries think of our president. Most of them aren't really our friends and only want the worst for us. So what they think really don't matter a hill of beans.

Soviets are gone? You can't be serious.
Well, they are not gone, gone, gone. They are well and alive in the governments of Western European countries.
you can certainly tell they are Bolsheviks....It's tattooed on the back of their necks...
We both know you are not such a simpleton as posting that seriously. I think it was meant to be a joke while disagreeing.
It's a take off on an old Monty Python sketch about a dead Bishop being discovered...

Forum List

Back