What else should the federal government require citizens to purchase?

Conservative

Type 40
Jul 1, 2011
Pennsylvania
So, now that a precedent has been set (with the SCOTUS upholding the individual mandate in Obamacare as a constitutional tax) that the federal government can require us to purchase something and tax us if we refuse, what else do you think they should require us to purchase?

I'm sure there are liberal loons out ready to roll out.....

Sun Credits on public beaches, pay for time on the beach.
Carbon Credits, pay for your carbon footprint on the planet.
Carbs Credits, pay for the carbs you eat above average/per day.
Gas Credits, pay for driving your car more than average/per day.

Well, if the government is going to force people to buy things, I'm hoping some educational books are among them. Because most people out there are just damned stupid.

Well, if the government is going to force people to buy things, I'm hoping some educational books are among them. Because most people out there are just damned stupid.

Who determines the books required? Does one published get all the business, to the loss of another publisher? How is the penalty tax collected, should people not purchase the required tomes?

I agree, every right winger should be forced to read a book to somewhat have a clue what they are talking about.

Last edited:
Obesity should be taxed very heavily
If you are determined to be overweight you should be taxed

I agree, ever right winger should be forced to read a book to somewhat have a clue what they are talking about.

And those of you on the left get to choose the book, right? :rolleyes:

So, now that a precedent has been set (with the SCOTUS upholding the individual mandate in Obamacare as a constitutional tax) that the federal government can require us to purchase something and tax us if we refuse, what else do you think they should require us to purchase?

Anything whereby, if you don't buy it the rest of us have to pick up the tab. The "constitutionalists" answer seems to be, refuse medical service to anyone without insurance. I guess there are going to have to be "death panels" at the door to the ER!

Forum List

Back