What does your day hold?

Mine holds boring conversations which I will then drink away and then amorous adventures and finally terrors of my own affliction.

Or maybe not?

It held an extra 45 minutes of work time closing a car deal.

a vacuum with seven new resident Box Elder bugs

taking out the trash

eighth of an inch of freezing rain on the windshield

brokedown used truck I had to push into a hoist stall

What do I hold it in? Styrofoam cup. Easier to throw away and start fresh tomorrow.

All kinds of surprises. Some of them pleasant. My boy called me this morning at 6:40.
I finished a project for Visual Basic Class
the cafeteria was serving Cheese steak
I had a nice discussion on the virtues and vices of Terry Pratchett, and how he compares as an author with Douglas Adams with a cute girl on the bus trip home. She also had a few words to say about her anatomy lab. Girls are different than they were in my day.
I got an email from someone I lost contact with several years ago. She is a grandma for the first time. She is quite thrilled about it. I don't know how she got my email. But I am glad she did.

The day is already going when I get on a floating toward the kitchen where I am noting that news says republicans are voting. All I want is coffee. I SOB!,..just fucking coffee please..........., bury me in my dark office with blinds drawn down to choke out the day and kill my plants who are screaming,..Just fucking light please...........,I should have never bought a coconut plant for my office. Then the phone is ringing, ring, ring, ring,..........will it ever fucking stop ringing. Caffeine surging through the clotted arteries of my host body who slowly lets go of my aching head,...I think everything is going to be OK now. I maybe a survivor of today, one of the lucky ones not run over by the egg truck, or crushed in a packaging machine. Nope, no such luck, the telephone is for me from the mortgage company, they want more information, more forms, more calls, deadlines are approaching again and they wait like vultures to the eleventh hour to ask their stupid fucking questions, "Is your life insurance good until you die?", I smile, I am polite, why are they fucking with me today. And so that is what holds my day together, me reaching at puffs of smoke & mirrors, a silently screaming out my office door, IN COMING!!!!!

New Topics

Forum List

Back