What does this accomplish?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Doogie_Howser, Aug 22, 2011.

1. Doogie_Howser

Doogie_Howser Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1
    What drove you to seek out this discussion board or others like it? Did you come here to listen or to speak? To help or to hurt? I came here hoping to find some productive discussion about the issues facing our country, and instead found a microcosm of all that is wrong with it: we, as a country, have allowed our thoughts to be replaced by rhetoric.

Let us all agree that our views could be improved, the other party are not all idiots, and a completely Republican or Democrat America would be a worse one. If you disagree, you are not a true American, you are a facist. Look it up.

This is a bitter pill to swallow, but swallow it we must, lest we become yet another example of a country destroyed from within by political bickering. Those of us who are not facists need to grow up, listen up, and own up instead of regurgitating crap from MSNBC or FOX. These discussion boards and those who care enough about our nation to participate in them are the last best chance we have at transcending the deepening rift ruining our country.

Heres a thought. Read about the opposing party. Understand it has its own strengths. Listen instead of speak. Stop posting one-sided questions as topics: it is as ignorant as it is unproductive. Participate in discussions to help, leave out the childish commentary intended to hurt. Use that squishy thing in your head to come up with solutions instead of using rhetoric to whine.

The internet is the only place we have left to discuss these issues plainly. This is the last place where a discussion can take place between Republican and Democrat without being had through pundits, politicians and the half-truths with which they speak. I believe that any well informed citizen can do the job of a politician as well, if not better than the politicians themselves. With the internet, with discussion boards like this and with people like you, we can prove once and for all that politicians are, at best, the secrataries to the collective voice of its people. I would love to see the Washington elite humbled by creative solutions yeilded through the anonymous collaboration of thousands, the guru's best ideas elementary in comparison. It can happen, it will happen, but only if we find the wisdom to admit error, the maturity to resist gloating, and the patience to understand one another.

This isn't a pep-talk, it's the game-plan. It's my two cents for the cure for a crumbling nation, it's not perfect, but there's not a person out there who can say it's not worth a shot. It's not genius, it is simple, and I believe it to be true. Optimistic, maybe, but optimism, like truth, is viral.

If you've read this all, thankyou. If you disagree, leave some feedback why, suggestions for improvement. If you agree, do your best to share it, to make it yours and live it, remembering is not enough.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,153
    Accomplish? I just like discussing what is going on with my fellow Americans. I've learned how to better organize my thoughts and arguments and learned more about myself than anything else.

3. Liberty

Liberty Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +548
    to laugh at the idiocy that the lefties spew, obviously.

4. uscitizen

uscitizen Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,807
    You are wasting your breath on all but a handful on here.
    Most are blindly partisan parrots.

5. tonystewart1

tonystewart1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +155
    I was laid off from work and bored.

Now I am off hurt and bored.

6. California Girl

California Girl BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,965
    :lmao: But you're not one of them, right? :lol:

7. sparky

sparky VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +341

8. kyzr

kyzr Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +629
    Too idealistic. You need to figure out how those who know that "only little people pay taxes" and the grunts paying for everything and working their asses off, and those who know that they are entitled to freeload, since it is economic justice, can live together.

Only works with monopoly money ala Helicopter Ben. Sooner or later the system will collapse, they moved too many jobs overseas, the economy is going to stall, then crash. It won't be pretty.

9. Sherry

Sherry You're not the boss of me Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,073
    I sure as hell don't come here to be lectured.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  10. freedombecki

freedombecki Let's go swimmin'! Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,935
    Welcome to USMB, Doogie Howser. You may continue your sermon here or here. :)