CDZ What does the term "Make America great again" mean to you?

Meaningless electioneering pablum. Funny though that the people who were so incensed about "hope and change" now embrace change with a new label "make America great again". They can believe simultaneously that America is exceptional but that it isn't great and we need some real estate huckster to make it great again.

-- the worst part is that they knowingly voted for an incompetent, lying, stealing, cheating, orange "globalist" swamp creature who has hired nothing but incompetent billionaires who are very busy trashing the US.
[emoji849]

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com

"Orange" I always love how the left shows its true colors...

Making America great again has nothing to do with race, far from it.

Meaningless electioneering pablum. Funny though that the people who were so incensed about "hope and change" now embrace change with a new label "make America great again". They can believe simultaneously that America is exceptional but that it isn't great and we need some real estate huckster to make it great again.

-- the worst part is that they knowingly voted for an incompetent, lying, stealing, cheating, orange "globalist" swamp creature who has hired nothing but incompetent billionaires who are very busy trashing the US.
[emoji849]

And again -- "orange" is not a race. So in that sense you're correct.

The problem with "orange" is that, being not natural, it has to be painted on. And that invokes the question of one's judgment. Race, on the other hand, invites no such concern.

To me, it's just more BS from the right. It's the same as their open adoration for Pooting.

They openly praise a dictator and voted for a dictator wannabe. They agree with drumpf wanting to gut the constitution. Every time he attacks the constitution, they applaud. RWNJs here are the same.

If not for the treasonous RWs and Repubs and if not for the damn Repubs stealing from the poor to give to the rich, the US would be just fine.

Once again how does Trump want to gut the Constitution? What did he do like his predecessor to try to go around the Constitution? When did Trump try to ignore laws like his predecessor did?

Guess I'll just post this again, over and over until it gets noticed....

That's Amendment Number One. The One after which all else follows.

[emoji849]

The problem with "orange" is that, being not natural, it has to be painted on. And that invokes the question of one's judgment. Race, on the other hand, invites no such concern.

Once again you show your true colors..it's your subtitle way of getting away with it.

To me, it's just more BS from the right. It's the same as their open adoration for Pooting.

They openly praise a dictator and voted for a dictator wannabe. They agree with drumpf wanting to gut the constitution. Every time he attacks the constitution, they applaud. RWNJs here are the same.

If not for the treasonous RWs and Repubs and if not for the damn Repubs stealing from the poor to give to the rich, the US would be just fine.

Once again how does Trump want to gut the Constitution? What did he do like his predecessor to try to go around the Constitution? When did Trump try to ignore laws like his predecessor did?

lol that's your big "poof" that Trump is trying to gut the Constitution by taking on the left wing media at their own game?

Trump is a girl scout compared to what Obama trywd to do on gutting the Constitution. He went around Congress, used his hence men of the IRS and EPA to do his dirty work of Social fundamental change. And ignored federal.laws he didn't like.

lol that's your big "poof" that Trump is trying to gut the Constitution by taking on the left wing media at their own game?

Trump is a girl scout compared to what Obama trywd to do on gutting the Constitution. He went around Congress, used his hence men of the IRS and EPA to do his dirty work of Social fundamental change. And ignored federal.laws he didn't like.

I don't have a "big poof". I'm afraid I don't swing that way.

But yes, I'd say threatening to gut the First Amendment is ample evidence of contempt for the Constitution.

Rump himself notes he's going to get in trouble for saying it. And he's right about that, although he seems to have misunderestimated the obsequiousness of his yes-men zombies.

[emoji849]

Once again you show your true colors..it's your subtitle way of getting away with it.

I don't need to "get away with" anything. I don't paint my skin. Or my hair.

You know what is NOT subtle?

---- Painting your own face orange.

[emoji849]

I don't need to "get away with" anything. I don't paint my skin. Or my hair.

You know what is NOT subtle?

---- Painting your own face orange.

Once again how many of us kept on calling "black " Obama , "darkie " Obama ?

Its the lefts hidden racism ,

But yes, I'd say threatening to gut the First Amendment is ample evidence of contempt for the Constitution.

Rump himself notes he's going to get in trouble for saying it. And he's right about that, although he seems to have misunderestimated the obsequiousness of his yes-men zombies.

You don't even make no sense, bow is going on the counter attack a threat on the 1st amendment?

How is using tweets talking to the American public any more different and " daring " in his day Roosevelt's fire side chats directly to the American people ?

Sad, whimsical wish for a time gone by. America is still great imo. The way Trump wants to make it great again --by kicking out Hispanics and Muslims and beefing up policing of ghettos and going back to a private healthcare system no one can afford and denying climate change -- seems a little draconian to me.
maybe. when presented like that.

but he's kicking out illegal aliens, not the legal ones. why is that an issue?
he's banning muslims from terrorist states until we can better determine what is going on with attacks that happen what seems daily. yes it's drastic but we are in fact in a drastic time. i'm not *for* this - but i see where it's coming from and regardless of whether we "kick them out" or find another way to deal with the situation, 8 years of trying not to make them upset didn't work very well.
we beefing up the police for the ones marching down the street saying BACON FRIES KILL A PIG kinda stuff? for the ones causing riots when mad?
i know a lot of people who can't afford obamacare. a friend who works 12+ hour days in his own business had his insurance go up 6x what it used to be. how is this affordable? when we say "not affordable" which group are we referring to?
he's not denying it's changing - he's saying he's not going to give billions to countries on the hope they change their ways. i fail to see how this is a bad thing. if we need to change our ways it must be collective and everyone in. not in 5 years, 10 years, or the 13 years - but now. anything else, to me, is a sidedhow to say HEY LOOK WE'RE DOING SOMETHING but when the $$$ is gone and the country just has a better infrastructure but still pollutes like 65 diesel truck, then what?

it just seems to me you're picking some topics and only seeing the worse or bad side of them.

again - not kicking out legal immigrants that i've seen yet so lets just start there. why is kicking out the ones who refuse to follow our laws a draconian thing?

You don't even make no sense, bow is going on the counter attack a threat on the 1st amendment?

How is using tweets talking to the American public any more different and " daring " in his day Roosevelt's fire side chats directly to the American people ?

It has nothing to do with "tweets". It has directly to do with, as he puts it, "opening up libel laws" to circumvent the First Amendment. Do you actually not get why that's both dangerous and unAmerican?

Libel (and it's spoken form slander) are already illegal. What he's talking about here is expanding them "so that he can sue them and win lots of money" for anything they say that he doesn't want to hear. It's not "libel" to print something that some stuffed shirt thinks is "a disgrace" (typical narcissist term) just because it happens to be true while the narcissist wishes it weren't. That's absolute fucking bullshit and Constitutionally unacceptable.

Funny you should bring up Roosevelt's fireside chats though. The comparison to Rump's Twit obsession is an apt one --- FDR and Rump each using a new technology of their time for direct communication. The other interesting thing is that FDR's exercise of that medium for that purpose incited Republicans to institute the Fairness Doctrine. Which I find kind of ironic.

if you want responsibility around gun control and agree that there should be some form of "control" then i would say it needs to be the same for all of our rights. this picking and choosing which get carte blanche to do anything because it says so where the other is micro-analyzed is bullshit.

i'm 100% for freedom of speech. but that does not include nor grants freedom from responsibility for what you say. if you knowingly are pushing your opinions off as "news" and news is your stated role in life, are you simply utilizing your rights? when the other side does this and makes shit up - do you fight it or go "wow, effective use of rights"?

i do appreciate the fireside chat reference and while i don't necessarily agree on motives, i do agree with outcome.

"Make America Great Again" doesn't speak to me or for me at all. It is only a semi-catchy phrase that implies we have work to do - to restore some accountability and trust in our government, to get our borders under control, to get rid of policies and regulations that are not working, to enact policies which are more mindful of the strict (original) meaning of the Constitution, to grow the economy, repair and maintain the infrastructure, to appoint Judges who are inline with all of the above, to support and maintain our military and other national defense measures, to work towards energy independence, etc.

It means some twit is running for political office, and assuming Americans know as little of our history as he does.

Forum List

Back