What does the Right stand for?

What's not to like?

slavery... only rich white people being able to vote...the supreme court justices being selected by the parties they're supposed to be monitoring (kinda defeats the purpose)... lack of term limits (the 2-term limit for the president was added later)...

he either likes the constitution or he doesnt.

What's not to like?

However, really really appreciating and admiring and caring about the Constitution is not AT ALL undercut by disagreeing with YOUR views on the topic.

Um look we are talking about the scotus decisions you clown and not my oppinions.

Its not unconstitutional unless the scotus says it is.

Nice attempt at regurgitating baseless left wing slogan points again

An excellent example of bitch-slapping a liberoidal troll with the truth!

Good form!

:clap2:

:lol::lol::lol::lol: this libtard wry catching nothing has only started about a zillion of these stupid partisan hack lists.. broken record kool aid drinking basement dwelling mama's boy with zero originality! Merry Christmas.

"this libtard wry catching nothing has only started a zillion of these stupid partisan hack lists.. broken record kool aid drinking basement dwelling mama's boy with zero originality!"
Wow, did I push dwiddle two's button!
First of all dwiddle, I don't know how many zeros there are in a zillion, but I'm certain I've not posted a zillion messages, partisan hack variety or otherwise. Next, I don't drink Kool aid, I live in a California Rancher (no basement) and I've been married for 35 years.
I do admit posting previously my opinion on the Conservative Chic (CC); a set in which I place you as a member in good standing. I have noted, several times, how CC's post thanks and clap for each others idiotgrams. Thank you for providing more evidence that my observation of this CC behavior is accurate.
Now, what do you believe in, besides censorship and name calling?

well hey buddy, i don't see San Francisco cleaning up it's homeless mess do you? If libtards are so fucking compassionate why are there homeless people in libtard cities??? huh? oh that's right libtards don't want to spend their money, they want to spend other people's money on their "compassion" :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: see, that's what makes you libtards dishonest fucks.

Liberals don't "pretend" to be the party of God and then laugh at others because they haven't done enough. Once again, where is "conservative compassion"? Is that simply an "oxymoron"?

you "pretend" that you have compassion for the homeless? Why are there homeless people in San Fran? How about NYC? Isn't that inhabited by about 98% libtards?/ and yet you walk right past the homeless and leave them homeless.. so you are a lying uncompassionate libtard aren't you?

98%?

Where do you find your "facts"? Are they told to you by Sarah Palin.

Like I said, the Democrats don't claim to be the "Party of Gawd".

It's funny Wry said "No to Social Security". He was a California government worker who never paid into Social Security while employed there. Had his own pension no kid will ever see.

How can any Democrat who NEVER paid into the system have the gall to accuse others of not supporting Social Security?

One fourth of all public employees from numerous states have never, and will never pay into the Social Security system.

I believe all Americans should pay into the system, but Democrats will not make a significant chunk of their voter base share that burden.

You're half right; in my government job I did not pay into social security. But, I worked all through college and taught in the academy for years. I've also done some PI work since I retired as well as some consulting, all of those non-government paychecks had SS tax deductions.
So what. I took a job I liked, I was good at, and one which paid a very handsome salary; and, I might add has excellent retirement benefits. All of which does not make me a hypocrite, just smarter than a conservative chic.

I believe I know what they oppose:
No to Federal regulations;
No to gun controls;
No to taxes;
No to abortion;
No to gay/lesbian marriage;
No to single payer universal health care
No to stem cell research;
No to deficit spending;
No to campaign finance restrictions
No to sex education at any age;
No to welfare;
No to Medicare;
No to Social Security;
No to the Democratic Party;
No to the Republican Party.

If this is an accuate description of the new right, what do they support? And, what would our society look like if they prevailed?

What a sad display of partisan hackery.

Then tell us what you stand FOR.

Not what you are against , what you are for.

I can tell you what i'm for, but i may not be representative of "The new right"

1) Small government with only the powers granted in the constitution
2) Fiscally responsible government
3) Low Taxes (that means lower than what they are now by at least 25%)
4) Personal Liberty (that means if I want an abortion I can get one and If I dont wanna wear a helmet on my bicycle thats ok too)
5) NO DEFECIT SPENDING. No more debt, stop adding and start paying it down.
6) Spending freezes to acheive debt reduction. Sorry world no more aid money, sorry countries with US bases we are closing them and coming home.

I'm sure i have more.

See here is my issue?? What does small government mean?? No police department?? No public education?? No military?? No FBI or CIA?? No 911 service?? No pubic transportation?? What does small government mean?? I think it is that you all just don't want to pay for your share in taxes.. I don't think you have a clue what you actually want.. No road service?? No public utilities?? No port authority?? No parks?? I could go on and on.. What does small government mean??

Fiscal responsible government?? So where was this during the Bush administration?? Who didn't bother to pay for the Iraq war?? Who passed a perscription drug plan with no way to pay for it?? You demand these things when a democrat is in office but not when a republican is in office.. Bottom line is that Bush dug this hole and we are going to have to spend to get out of it.. That is the reality.. You want fiscal responsibility?? Vote democrat..

Low taxes?? So?? What is our government supposed to operate on?? Peanuts?? Like I said you don't want to pay for it.. Do you want a strong government and military?? Well you got to pay for it.. You repubs need to understand that in order for our government to operate at peak efficiency, it needs to be properly funded.. As do our schools, and anything else.. If you don't want to pay for it then move to another country or make one of your own..

Personal liberty?? So the right to be an idiot?? Will you pay the hospital bills for all these idiots not wearing a helmet?? These laws are there to protect people from themselves and save some hospital costs.. But if you want to kill yourself.. Might I suggest a riding your bike off a cliff or something?? A helmet won't matter in that situation..

No deficit spending?? Again talk to Bush.. Because of Bush, any spending Obama did was deficit spending.. Seriously?? What was Obama suppose to do?? Nothing?? Just let the economy tank and continue to tank?? You morons are condemning Obama for a Bush issue.. But lets work on a solution?? When Obama took office, any spending he did, no matter how small was deficit spending.. What was he supposed to do about the economy?? What is he suppose to do about healthcare?? Again, spending even just a penny was deficit spending.. And you morons crying about less taxes makes even harder to for the government to do anything but deficit spending.. When we were attacked on 9/11, Bush should have dropped his bid for tax cuts.. We needed that money for the war.. Well?? The rich got their tax cuts and he fought a war entirely on deficit spending.. Until you morons demand fiscal responsibility from your candidates, you have no right to demand it from a liberal..

Spending freeze?? How bout no more republicans in the white house?? Clinton gave Bush a surplus.. How bout your pay your fair share in taxes?? How bout you stop wanting shit for free and understanding that the government to operate needs money!!

The OP is entirely correct!!

But to add to his post..

No small government when Bush was in office..
No fiscal responsibility when Bush was in office..
No low taxes for everyone when Bush is in office.. Just the rich
No personal liberty while Bush was in office.. Ran on the gay marriage ticket.
Did nothing but deficit spending while Bush was in office..
No spending freeze while Bush is in office.. Someone has to torture innocent people and fight terrorism..

No to gun controls;
No to taxes;
No to abortion;
No to deficit spending;
No to welfare;
No to Medicare;
No to Social Security;

If this is an accuate description of the new right, what do they support? And, what would our society look like if they prevailed?

What is sad is that it is all true and you can't deny it.. That is what repubs stand for..

:cool:

No to gun controls;
No to taxes;
No to abortion;
No to deficit spending;
No to welfare;
No to Medicare;
No to Social Security;

What is sad is that it is all true and you can't deny it.. That is what repubs stand for..

No, what is sad and true is that you really believe the OP.

Republicans and Democrats believe many of the same things but disagree on how to get there. Disagreeing on how to achieve goals isn't bad, it's just disagreeing. Welcome to the partisan hack category.

Republicans and Democrats believe many of the same things but disagree on how to get there. Disagreeing on how to achieve goals isn't bad, it's just disagreeing. Welcome to the partisan hack category.

If only that were true.. Sadly it is not..

But please give me some examples on where libs and cons agree on policy.. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt..

If only that were true.. Sadly it is not..

But please give me some examples on where libs and cons agree on policy.. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt..

I never said they agreed on policy. Asking me to show where this is so is intellectual dishonesty on your part. Like I said, welcome to partisan hackery.

No to gun controls;
No to taxes;
No to abortion;
No to deficit spending;
No to welfare;
No to Medicare;
No to Social Security;

The right does not OPPOSE reasonable needed AUTHORIZED Federal Regulation. Never has.

The right does not oppose reasonable laws on gun ownership, never has.

The right has never opposed taxation, they prefer as little tax as needed to run as small a Government as can be created to run the Country.

The right is not opposed to saving the mothers life when in danger even if that means aborting a child. They do oppose abortion on demand and on a whim.

The right would support civil unions. The Gays don't want them.

Universal health care is not a power of the Government, YOU want it? Pass an amendment to the Constitution.

The right opposes the creation of a market for murdering babies to "save" others.

The right opposes deficit spending but will do it as required. What they won't do is create new SOCIAL programs when there is no money for them and no legal grounds for the Federal Government to run them.

The right is not opposed to REASONABLE laws on campaign contributions, laws that do not violate the 1st amendment.

The right is NOT opposed to sex education, they just happen to believe that is the responsibility of the family not the schools. Or the Government, especially when all the schools do is pass out condoms and birth control with the clear message that sex is ok at any age.

The right does not oppose welfare, they just do not believe the Federal Government has any legal right to run it. It is a State responsibility and that of each citizen through private works.

Medicare is Unconstitutional. You want Medicare? Pass an amendment authorizing the Government to run health care.

Social Security is not Constitutional. The States can run such programs if they want. Again you want Social Security, PASS an amendment for it.

The right is not opposed to any political party existing, they would prefer that they6 run things rather then some party that does not support their core beliefs.

See here is my issue?? What does small government mean?? No police department?? No public education?? No military?? No FBI or CIA?? No 911 service?? No pubic transportation?? What does small government mean?? I think it is that you all just don't want to pay for your share in taxes.. I don't think you have a clue what you actually want.. No road service?? No public utilities?? No port authority?? No parks?? I could go on and on.. What does small government mean??

No National Endowment for the Arts; a man in Texas should not pay for a mural in Wisconsin unless he chooses to do so. No Pork. No ATF- the FBI can handle the germ investigations. Give me a list of the other federal programs currently in existence and I could probably find more.
Low taxes?? So?? What is our government supposed to operate on?? Peanuts??

This ties directly into the above

It really is a shame that so many folks just can't wrap their minds around things unless they are dumbed down to an us-versus-them simplicity.

It really is a roadblock to the informed and involved electorate that is necessary for a representative democracy to achieve good government.

Well, it seems a little bit of debate has broken out, and from a surprising source. Of course the name-calling idiotgram writers continue to post (hello, Amanda), but that is not surprising. Thanks to RBS for responding with civility.
Let me take a few of my "No's" and compare my thoughts with the responses from RGS.

Last edited:
No to gun controls;
No to taxes;
No to abortion;
No to deficit spending;
No to welfare;
No to Medicare;
No to Social Security;

The right does not OPPOSE reasonable needed AUTHORIZED Federal Regulation. Never has.

The right does not oppose reasonable laws on gun ownership, never has.

The right has never opposed taxation, they prefer as little tax as needed to run as small a Government as can be created to run the Country.

The right is not opposed to saving the mothers life when in danger even if that means aborting a child. They do oppose abortion on demand and on a whim.

The right would support civil unions. The Gays don't want them.

Universal health care is not a power of the Government, YOU want it? Pass an amendment to the Constitution.

The right opposes the creation of a market for murdering babies to "save" others.

The right opposes deficit spending but will do it as required. What they won't do is create new SOCIAL programs when there is no money for them and no legal grounds for the Federal Government to run them.

The right is not opposed to REASONABLE laws on campaign contributions, laws that do not violate the 1st amendment.

The right is NOT opposed to sex education, they just happen to believe that is the responsibility of the family not the schools. Or the Government, especially when all the schools do is pass out condoms and birth control with the clear message that sex is ok at any age.

The right does not oppose welfare, they just do not believe the Federal Government has any legal right to run it. It is a State responsibility and that of each citizen through private works.

Medicare is Unconstitutional. You want Medicare? Pass an amendment authorizing the Government to run health care.

Social Security is not Constitutional. The States can run such programs if they want. Again you want Social Security, PASS an amendment for it.

The right is not opposed to any political party existing, they would prefer that they6 run things rather then some party that does not support their core beliefs.

The right does not oppose reasonable laws on gun ownership, never has.:
Let's speak about 'reasonable' laws. IMHO the Brady Bill was a resonable restriction on firearms not needed by the general public to protect their person, family or home. Or the NRA opposition to any effort to restrict the ownership, possession, custody or control of a firearm by anyone but the most dangerous criminials - some misdemeanor offenders, such as those convicted of DUI or Drug Possession, Domestic Violence, child abuse, battery are protected by such policies.

Forum List

Back