What does the "G" in the Packers logo stand for?

Ragnar

<--- Pic is not me
Jan 23, 2010
Cincinnati, OH
Tiki Barber informs many Packers it doesn't stand for Green Bay. What does it stand for? (two minute yahoo video below)

What does the "G" in the Packers logo stand for? - Yahoo! Sports

OK then, lol.

nbc_the_more_you_know.jpg

Golden cheese? LOL

Do you know what they were called, before they were called the Green Bay Packers?

• Thanks
Reactions: Kat
Tiki Barber informs many Packers it doesn't stand for Green Bay. What does it stand for?
I don't believe that's nearly as significant as how Green Bay got where they ARE, today.....​

"I don't interview guys from Pittsburgh by design," he said. "But if they have it on their resume, it helps."

HERE

:eusa_whistle:

Golden cheese? LOL

Do you know what they were called, before they were called the Green Bay Packers?

I do not. :redface:

We Seahawks fans always knew are guys as the Seahawks. :)

Acme Packers, after the packing company.
Only football trivia I know. LOL
And I saw it on an A&E crime show.

Actually, they were originally called the Packers, and the original company name was Indian Packing Company. Acme bought them out in 1921. Most people miss that because they don't track the history of the Packers back before they joined the AFPA, which became the NFL a year later.

Don't mess with guys who started out with meat axes and sledgehammers in their hands?

;)

Then again, the Packer standard uniform has been left almost completely untouched since designed by Lombardi back in the early 60's.

We understand tradition better than Tevya.

Forum List

Back