What Does the Democratic Party Stand for Now? Good Question.

Does nobody remember the first two years of Bill Clinton's Presidency, when he pursued all sorts of fiscally-reckless, Obamaesque policies, so extreme that even a Congress dominated by Democrats couldn't stomach most of them?

Are you speaking of the fiscally reckless '93 Deficit Reduction Act, the one that passed without a single republican vote. The one that the Congressional Budget Office credited with shaving $160,000,000,000 off the deficit that the previous republican administrations had run up.
You need to pop your head out of your ass and get a little air.

1993 Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act - Timeline - Slaying the Dragon of Debt - Regional Oral History Office - University of California, Berkeley
The budget passed by a narrow margin, 219-213 in the House and 50-49 in the Senate.
The budget passed by a narrow margin, 219-213 in the House and 50-49 in the Senate.

And did I say otherwise? How many republicans voted in favor of it?
Are you on drugs?

"the one that passed without a single republican vote."
I don't know, am I?

U.S. Senate: Roll Call Vote
Grouped By Vote Position
YEAs ---50
Akaka (D-HI)
Baucus (D-MT)
Biden (D-DE)
Bingaman (D-NM)
Boxer (D-CA)
Bradley (D-NJ)
Breaux (D-LA)
Bumpers (D-AR)
Byrd (D-WV)
Campbell (D-CO)
Conrad (D-ND)
Daschle (D-SD)
DeConcini (D-AZ)
Dodd (D-CT)
Dorgan (D-ND)
Exon (D-NE)
Feingold (D-WI)
Feinstein (D-CA)
Ford (D-KY)
Glenn (D-OH)
Graham (D-FL)
Harkin (D-IA)
Heflin (D-AL)
Hollings (D-SC)
Inouye (D-HI)
Kennedy (D-MA)
Kerrey (D-NE)
Kerry (D-MA)
Kohl (D-WI)
Leahy (D-VT)
Levin (D-MI)
Lieberman (D-CT)
Mathews (D-TN)
Metzenbaum (D-OH)
Mikulski (D-MD)
Mitchell (D-ME)
Moseley-Braun (D-IL)
Moynihan (D-NY)
Murray (D-WA)
Pell (D-RI)
Pryor (D-AR)
Reid (D-NV)
Riegle (D-MI)
Robb (D-VA)
Rockefeller (D-WV)
Sarbanes (D-MD)
Sasser (D-TN)
Simon (D-IL)
Wellstone (D-MN)
Wofford (D-PA)
What are you trying to do? I proved you're full of shit.
You did what? I haven't seen a refutation of any point I made here.

You need to pop your head out of your ass and get a little air.

1993 Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act - Timeline - Slaying the Dragon of Debt - Regional Oral History Office - University of California, Berkeley

Are you on drugs?

I don't know, am I?

Grouped By Vote Position
YEAs ---50
Akaka (D-HI)
Baucus (D-MT)
Biden (D-DE)
Bingaman (D-NM)
Boxer (D-CA)
Bradley (D-NJ)
Breaux (D-LA)
Bumpers (D-AR)
Byrd (D-WV)
Campbell (D-CO)
Conrad (D-ND)
Daschle (D-SD)
DeConcini (D-AZ)
Dodd (D-CT)
Dorgan (D-ND)
Exon (D-NE)
Feingold (D-WI)
Feinstein (D-CA)
Ford (D-KY)
Glenn (D-OH)
Graham (D-FL)
Harkin (D-IA)
Heflin (D-AL)
Hollings (D-SC)
Inouye (D-HI)
Kennedy (D-MA)
Kerrey (D-NE)
Kerry (D-MA)
Kohl (D-WI)
Leahy (D-VT)
Levin (D-MI)
Lieberman (D-CT)
Mathews (D-TN)
Metzenbaum (D-OH)
Mikulski (D-MD)
Mitchell (D-ME)
Moseley-Braun (D-IL)
Moynihan (D-NY)
Murray (D-WA)
Pell (D-RI)
Pryor (D-AR)
Reid (D-NV)
Riegle (D-MI)
Robb (D-VA)
Rockefeller (D-WV)
Sarbanes (D-MD)
Sasser (D-TN)
Simon (D-IL)
Wellstone (D-MN)
Wofford (D-PA)
You didn't? See, I was right, you head is in your ass. You said no Republican voted for it, which is a lie or off the charts stupidity. I'm going with the later.

Are you on drugs?

I don't know, am I?

Grouped By Vote Position
YEAs ---50
Akaka (D-HI)
Baucus (D-MT)
Biden (D-DE)
Bingaman (D-NM)
Boxer (D-CA)
Bradley (D-NJ)
Breaux (D-LA)
Bumpers (D-AR)
Byrd (D-WV)
Campbell (D-CO)
Conrad (D-ND)
Daschle (D-SD)
DeConcini (D-AZ)
Dodd (D-CT)
Dorgan (D-ND)
Exon (D-NE)
Feingold (D-WI)
Feinstein (D-CA)
Ford (D-KY)
Glenn (D-OH)
Graham (D-FL)
Harkin (D-IA)
Heflin (D-AL)
Hollings (D-SC)
Inouye (D-HI)
Kennedy (D-MA)
Kerrey (D-NE)
Kerry (D-MA)
Kohl (D-WI)
Leahy (D-VT)
Levin (D-MI)
Lieberman (D-CT)
Mathews (D-TN)
Metzenbaum (D-OH)
Mikulski (D-MD)
Mitchell (D-ME)
Moseley-Braun (D-IL)
Moynihan (D-NY)
Murray (D-WA)
Pell (D-RI)
Pryor (D-AR)
Reid (D-NV)
Riegle (D-MI)
Robb (D-VA)
Rockefeller (D-WV)
Sarbanes (D-MD)
Sasser (D-TN)
Simon (D-IL)
Wellstone (D-MN)
Wofford (D-PA)
You didn't? See, I was right, you head is in your ass. You said no Republican voted for it, which is a lie or off the charts stupidity. I'm going with the later.
I provided the roll call stupid. Where did you name a republican who voted for the bill?

I spent the past week in Philadelphia, in the halls and in the stadium of the Wells Fargo Center, for nearly every hour of the Democratic National Convention. I heard more than a hundred speakers, and spoke to dozens of people in the halls. After four days, I am not certain that I know what, precisely, the Democratic Party wants to be.

For the past two days, I put this question specifically to delegates and staffers, to the people who ought to know: “What, at core, is the Democratic message coming out of this convention?”

I got no shortage of answers.

“Justice for all,” said Chad Lupkes, a Bernie Sanders delegate from Washington state.

“A party of inclusion that addresses the issues that families are struggling with,” said Susan McGrath, a Florida delegate for Hillary Clinton.

Calvin McFadden, a delegate from Massachusetts, suggested “equality and opportunity for all,” a fight “for the middle class.”

“What I’ve heard over and over is a party that brings us together, that doesn’t divide us, that’s a forward looking party of inclusion,” said Seth Hahn, a Sanders supporter from New Jersey.

These answers were not all issued with confidence. The delegates I spoke to paused, backed up, rephrased. In each case, they settled on general virtues: justice, inclusion, progress, the idea that the party was not so much associated with a particular program but with goodness itself, with a progressive sensibility that will, on the whole, produce virtuous outcomes.

The answer is nothing. It's intentional.

They stand for nothing. Rubinomics came along and over about a decade the Democrats began to be ran by Wall Street. Now, you don't even have to have an agenda and then you don't have to do anything. Empty rhetoric is what we saw.
The Democrats stand for diversity, tolerance, and coalition building.

And also no more tax cuts for the rich.

And no more tax hikes on the poor and middle class.

Same as always since Andrew Jackson and Martin Van Buren -- just add the Negroes, LGBT, Mexicans, Asians, Muslims, etc.

Well they have owned the White House for the last 8 years, when exactly are they planning to do something?
Get real.

ACA was accomplished while Obama, Pelosi, and Reid owned the Government.

After Boehner took over nothing got done.

So go figure.

I predict Hillary, Pelosi, and Durbin will own it again starting in January when the new Congress takes over.

Then Hillary will have 2 years to do whatever she wants -- replace Scalia and Ginsberg -- pass a Federal assault weapons ban again -- tax hikes on corporations shipping jobs and profits overseas -- etc. She listed her action items.

Ahahaha Democrats screamed at Obama and made him go on national tv and take the blame for ACA, its on video. Does that sound like an accomplishment? It lost you people the House, the Senate, and 1,200 seats nationally including a bunch of governorship's. :laugh:

the mad Queen

hillqueen-i8441.jpg

Forum List

Back