What Does Social Justice Actually Mean?

Social Justice??

Depends on who you ask.

To a liberal it means that everyone is equal.

Doesn't matter if they work or don't They deserve whatever the providing party gets and those providing should be overjoyed to pick up their slack. Oh and their responsibilities are assumed by the providers as well. In effect the useless fucks get a free ride at the taxpayers expense and the providers of that free ride have no say in the matter.

To a Conservative it means you work hard for what you have and your life is your own responsibility.

I'm a liberal and that isn't remotely what I believe.

So why don't you post what you do believe so we can ridicule it and point out how wrong you are?

Social Justice??

Depends on who you ask.

To a liberal it means that everyone is equal.

Doesn't matter if they work or don't They deserve whatever the providing party gets and those providing should be overjoyed to pick up their slack. Oh and their responsibilities are assumed by the providers as well. In effect the useless fucks get a free ride at the taxpayers expense and the providers of that free ride have no say in the matter.

To a Conservative it means you work hard for what you have and your life is your own responsibility.

I'm a liberal and that isn't remotely what I believe.

So why don't you post what you do believe so we can ridicule it and point out how wrong you are?

Yes please do...

To me social justice means that every American has equal social, economic and political opportunities.

Yes please do...

To me social justice means that every American has equal social, economic and political opportunities.

They do, so let's move on shall we?

No they don't. Stop being ridiculous. Instead of "moving on", why not start figuring out how to make it an actual reality through improving our education system...the key to social justice.

Yes please do...

No they don't. Stop being ridiculous. Instead of "moving on", why not start figuring out how to make it an actual reality through improving our education system...the key to social justice.

Of course people have equal opportunities. Anyone can apply to harvard. Anyone can apply for a job.

Of course people have equal opportunities. Anyone can apply to harvard. Anyone can apply for a job.

You have a too simplistic view of social justice, but that's not all that surprising.

Yes please do...

Every year we spend more, we're told it got worse and we need to spend more... we've eradicated the black family in this country through various social engineering schemes, we've substituted textbooks for basketball courts, fathers for gubmint checks, we've got generations upon generations on the public dole, etc., etc., etc.

All I'm saying is that it is a lot deeper than fixing the education system... the social engineering schemes of the last 40+ years have been abject failures. PERIOD.

Yes please do...

Sooner or later people have to realize that they are responsible for their own education.

people who blame a teacher or a school because they can't read have only themselves to blame.

You're missing the point. As usual. Government helps create jobs simply by creating an atmosphere where that is possible. When that is done, people will create jobs on their own. They dont a gov't program to do that.
I realize the idea that people will do the right thing without being commanded by central authority is anathema to you. But there you have it.

Absolutely correct

The GOP response to jobs was....We Don't Care

You got laid off.....WE DON'T CARE
Jobs are going overseas......WE DON'T CARE
You don't have healthcare......WE DON'T CARE
You just graduated and there are no jobs.......WE DON'T CARE

Raise taxes on the richest 2%..........WE CARE

As usual you deflect to inanities.

It isn't that the GOP doesn't care. It is that the GOP realizes that yet another gov't "jobs' program only provides jobs to gov't bureaucrats, rather than good sustainable jobs that build the economy.

How many jobs programs has Obama announced in 4 years? How many actual jobs have been created?

"Caring" is not defined as "throwing taxpayer dollars at it".

Sooner or later people have to realize that they are responsible for their own education.

people who blame a teacher or a school because they can't read have only themselves to blame.

I blame their parents.

Schools do the best they can with what they have to work with.

Yes please do...

Ah, ah, ah. Make him/her/it define "equal social, economic and political opportunities". NEVER let a leftist get away with using vague generalities and platitudes.

A foundation in Germany has analyzed the social justice records of all 31 members of the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD), ranking each nation in such categories as health care, income inequality, pre-school education, and child poverty. The overall performance by the United States — which boasts of being an egalitarian society — outranks only Greece, Chile, Mexico, and Turkey. Actually, three of those countries performed better than ours in the education of pre-schoolers, and Greece did better than the United States on the prevention of poverty.

http://truth-out.org/opinion/item/6126:us-ranks-27th-in-social-justice

A foundation in Germany has analyzed the social justice records of all 31 members of the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD), ranking each nation in such categories as health care, income inequality, pre-school education, and child poverty. The overall performance by the United States — which boasts of being an egalitarian society — outranks only Greece, Chile, Mexico, and Turkey. Actually, three of those countries performed better than ours in the education of pre-schoolers, and Greece did better than the United States on the prevention of poverty.

US Ranks 27th in Social Justice

:lol:....from your article...

...and Greece did better than the United States on the prevention of poverty.

You have a too simplistic view of social justice, but that's not all that surprising.

Easy to dismiss reality. But it is what it is.

What do you think? We should outlaw discrimination on the basis of ability?

i wish this black guy would teach the other black guy about social or cosmic justice....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIv4L9M1ECU]Thomas Sowell - The Quest For Cosmic Justice - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:

I blame their parents.

Schools do the best they can with what they have to work with.

Blaming your parents for your failures is just as much of a cop out.

And there's the problem. Leftists keep trying to make "social justice" more complex, which invariably means they're trying to turn "social justice" into "cosmic justice".

The only justice society can offer is to treat all humans the same in the eyes of the law and government. It cannot - and should not try to - make them all the same in reality.

Easy to dismiss reality. But it is what it is.

What do you think? We should outlaw discrimination on the basis of ability?

Well, you don't think Seabytch is all that successful in a meritocracy, do you? I'd say there's a vested interest there in hobbling those with more ability.

And there's the problem. Leftists keep trying to make "social justice" more complex, which invariably means they're trying to turn "social justice" into "cosmic justice".

The only justice society can offer is to treat all humans the same in the eyes of the law and government. It cannot - and should not try to - make them all the same in reality.

Everything for the Left is "complex" and therefore best left to experts. Health care, foreign policy, the ecoomy, etc.
Never mind Noah's Ark was built by an amateur, the Titanic by experts.

Forum List

Back