What does religious freedom mean to You

Sharia Law dispossesses women of all their rights. Rabbinical courts are rather unfair as well, and can be overturned by a real court.

Yes they can, hence my original statement about all parties having to agree to the results.

It's basically non-binding arbitration. If one side really gets butt hurt over a ruling, they still can go to the regular courts.
So no real freedom of religion. Thanks for clearing that up.

So because you can't whip someone or chop off their hand, there is no freedom of Religion?
That's right! :cryhug_1_:

That's retarded.

All rights are balanced against the ability of the State to limit them in some way, it just places a higher burden on the State.

Removing someone's hand against their will via arbitration is something the State can have a say in, regardless of Religion or Religious freedom.
If you're a Muslim, being sentenced by a Sharia court to have your hand chopped off is accepted. So no real freedom of religion in US.

It means freedom from a state sponsored religion.I was never meant to protect you from the religious speech of private citizens.
`
But it in a way it's the other side of the coin. With private citizens I can walk away, ignore it, avoid it, denigrate it, curse it, not listen to or view it. It's also called Freedom of Association. I'm protected both ways.

Of interest would be Phelps V Snyder>
Snyder v. Phelps - Wikipedia

fred-phelps-dead.jpg

the sun shone brighter, coffee tasted better , etc when this ahol passed on

~S~
So a person goes to a Jewish or Muslim or other section burial site and Places an offensive message or Symbol on the grave of your relative or loved one in disrespect too or contrary to your religious or personal beliefs. Should a person who removes those contrary items be subject to criminal or civil penalty.

It means freedom from a state sponsored religion.I was never meant to protect you from the religious speech of private citizens.
`
But it in a way it's the other side of the coin. With private citizens I can walk away, ignore it, avoid it, denigrate it, curse it, not listen to or view it. It's also called Freedom of Association. I'm protected both ways.

Would you be compelled to leave personally offensive items on the grave of a deceased relative. Could you be arrested for removing them.

I would like to ask a simple question and get some feedback on a subject that may be controversial. The question is, which "religious freedoms are protected in the United States". I'll clarify, should any citizen of the United States be restricted from practicing their religious beliefs. For instance a man passes away and some of his descendants are say Devout Christians, another is agnostic and yet another is say a convert to Judaism, or Islam or any other religious sect or belief. The man is buried in accordance with the Law . His Burial ceremony is conducted in a manner that is not recognized by the other family members and friends or acquaintances. Should any law restrict how people conduct themselves during private graveside rituals or ceremonies according to their beliefs even if it means not recognizing the beliefs or rituals contrary to theirbeliefs while you visit. Should one groups beliefs be held above the others. I'm asking based on some video I've seen of people being video taped removing Decorations from cemetery gravesites and wondered if it could affect me or anybody else. it was disturbing. Most Cemetery's are privately owned or maintained by local Govt. Most are privately owned though. The Cemetery's rules give no preference to any group and a Multi denominational policy is portrayed and maintained.
It is a Religious problem as long as they don't complain to Government regarding their civil rights.

I would like to ask a simple question and get some feedback on a subject that may be controversial. The question is, which "religious freedoms are protected in the United States". I'll clarify, should any citizen of the United States be restricted from practicing their religious beliefs. For instance a man passes away and some of his descendants are say Devout Christians, another is agnostic and yet another is say a convert to Judaism, or Islam or any other religious sect or belief. The man is buried in accordance with the Law . His Burial ceremony is conducted in a manner that is not recognized by the other family members and friends or acquaintances. Should any law restrict how people conduct themselves during private graveside rituals or ceremonies according to their beliefs even if it means not recognizing the beliefs or rituals contrary to theirbeliefs while you visit. Should one groups beliefs be held above the others. I'm asking based on some video I've seen of people being video taped removing Decorations from cemetery gravesites and wondered if it could affect me or anybody else. it was disturbing. Most Cemetery's are privately owned or maintained by local Govt. Most are privately owned though. The Cemetery's rules give no preference to any group and a Multi denominational policy is portrayed and maintained.
That's not a religion question, it's a family feud.

So you didn't answer the question, I think it may be something that happens more frequently than people think or know, should the Govt ever be involved.

It is a Religious problem as long as they don't complain to Government regarding their civil rights.

Should Govt get involved on one side or the other. We'll theorize a scenario where the govt would allow religious thought / action by one party and deny the same considerations for a different party.

Should Govt get involved on one side or the other. We'll theorize a scenario where the govt would allow religious thought / action by one party and deny the same considerations for a different party.
The public sector must do something, once involved. We have a secular and temporal Constitution that considers natural rights, not Religious rights.

A practicing Jew, or someone who comes from a practicing Jewish family, will be buried in a Jewish cemetery. Or, in the Jewish section of a larger cemetery.

This is also true of Muslims and other religious groups. Expect for Hindus, of course.
Do you think you could be arrested prosecuted and jailed for removing a Swastika from a Jewish grave that another person or entity claims as their personal property.

The public sector must do something, once involved. We have a secular and temporal Constitution that considers natural rights, not Religious rights.

When do you believe the Public ( government) sector should get involved in denying a person freedom of conscience to act on their beliefs non violently in accordance with their beliefs.

Freedom of religion means that priests are free to rape children. Did I get it right?

That's not a religion question, it's a family feud.

So you didn't answer the question, I think it may be something that happens more frequently than people think or know, should the Govt ever be involved.
I did answer your question. It's not the government's business. It's not the religious leaders business. It's the family's business.

`

You can choose either way. God gave you that choice, man did not. Man does not give freedom. God gave all free will.

`

You can choose either way. God gave you that choice, man did not. Man does not give freedom. God gave all free will.

Which god are you referring too that's the question, should others be restricted or denied their beliefs in conflict with yours. Some religions do not offer free will to it's followers but requires strict compliance to tenets of their religion. does your free will over ride their adherence to their beliefs

Forum List

Back