What does Obama plan to do about the border?

Diddly squat.
The key elements of the immigration bill have been published. It's what you might expect, a national id card, probably your driver's licences or state id, more money to the border patrol and INS, more technology, addition regulations for employers, a path to citizenship. That's all I remember. There is quite a bit more.

No such bill has been passed and it doesn't need to be. Existing Federal law is enough to deal with the border problem. If Obama really wanted he could have already taken lots of steps to do so, but he is more concerned about politics than security.

Diddly squat.
The key elements of the immigration bill have been published. It's what you might expect, a national id card, probably your driver's licences or state id, more money to the border patrol and INS, more technology, addition regulations for employers, a path to citizenship. That's all I remember. There is quite a bit more.

No such bill has been passed and it doesn't need to be. Existing Federal law is enough to deal with the border problem. If Obama really wanted he could have already taken lots of steps to do so, but he is more concerned about politics than security.

Funny how they are against the Arizona law that asks for ID's from illegals. but are in favor of national id cards for US citizens. Do only citizen then get national ID cards and are they then against legal citizens then showing these cards? how stupid do they think the American people are a majority want the immigration problem fixed are not in favor of amnesty and want our borders secured and illegals deported!!!!

Clearly, Obama is going to hold the country hostage regarding border protection until he gets amnesty to refill the Democrat Voting Ranks (to make up for the loss as his policies have alienated millions who voted for him in 2012).

Funny how they are against the Arizona law that asks for ID's from illegals. but are in favor of national id cards for US citizens. Do only citizen then get national ID cards and are they then against legal citizens then showing these cards? how stupid do they think the American people are a majority want the immigration problem fixed are not in favor of amnesty and want our borders secured and illegals deported!!!!

They also don't complain about the Federal law and the California law (which are virtually identical to Arizona's) or the Mexican law (which is vastly more strict).

Oh, and they want the national ID card, but foam at the mouth when you suggest using it as voter verification.

Diddly squat.

All fine and dandy as long as you secure the border. Any Path to citizenship is simply an invitation to more people to flood over the borders in hopes of getting the same if you do not secure the border first.

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.
....And, Obama is expected to cover all o' these tasks, daily (per the RNC). :rolleyes:

So....who's the Republican-equivalent, to Obama, who can do all these things?

Where did I say Obama has to do all of these things? I am asking a simple question, what does Obama plan to do about the border?

Plans are not that difficult to make, even if they can be hard to implement. I am asking him to plan, not be a well rounded man.

Sounds just like what Bush was trying to pass.

Back when Republicans controlled both houses?

I think he actually pushed it when the Democrats were in charge, but they did not want to give him credit for immigration reform, so they hung the bill up in committee. Nice try at partisanship though, unlike me.

I think that most people that oppose the Arizona law do so because they don't believe that states should control illegal immigration. Most people support the law because the feds aren't doing their job.

Diddly squat.

All fine and dandy as long as you secure the border. Any Path to citizenship is simply an invitation to more people to flood over the borders in hopes of getting the same if you do not secure the border first.
Path to citizenship in the immigration bill is more show that substance. In order to qualify illegal aliens must first admit that they are breaking the law, pay fees, fines, and back taxes then a criminal background check is done. They are then given a legal status, I don't remember the title. After 5 years they can apply for citizenship. They have to learn English and civics. I doubt very many illegals will ever apply. I think conservative democrats will add additional stipulations that will make this provision totally meaningless.

As long as people believe the solution to the problem is to seal the boarders, and send them all back to Mexico, nothing will change.

Nothing will ever be done no matter which party is in charge at a federal level. It gets brought up around election time then fades away after. Imagine going to the supermarket and seeing a head of lettuce costs $10, that's what would happen if there were suddenly no illegals.

But if you really wanted to do something, here's my solution. Make it a 10 year manditory prison sentence if your caught hiring undocumented workers, then enforce it.

Diddly squat.

Sounds just like what Bush was trying to pass.

And it was just as wrong then. Your point?

You aren't going to see any "laws" nor "contracts" nor "treaties" nor ANYTHING about the NAU.

It already IS, and the folks who count are On Board.

It's horrible, but in a skewed sort of way, it Does make Perfect Sense ~ we are joined by the continent we live on,

and we SHOULD all be In It, Together,

but now is most assuredly NOT the time for that to happen ~

Mexico is far too barbaric,

and Canada, along with the Canadian culture, would suffer their death knell over it.

Not too long ago there were stories about the Amero currency. It had been printed, already, and indeed, was to be used to pay our debt to China. In fact, the only folks "allowed" to own them is/are the Chinese gov. (I actually tried to buy/invest in some, is how I know that they aren't for us to see or think about, yet.)

WEnder what ever happened about that?

brb ~ but I'm not holding my breath on being able to find anything valid, at this point, disinfo SOP being what it is...

No "news," but they were printed/minted, and the images are available.

Last edited:
What difference does it make what Obama does?? He'll be criticized and ridiculed by the extreme right no matter what he does. So why would they even care??

What have any of them done about the border?

Twenty million illegals didn't just show up on January 21, 2009.

we need a lot more hard working mexicans, look at how shitty the economy is. Americans are lazy and don't want the hard jobs. I say he let's about 20 million more in then starts to lock that bad boy down near the end of his second term.

Forum List

Back