What does Obama plan to do about the border?

Open borders, essentially. kinda like the EU

North American Union - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I don't think anything is signed.

I read about the premise some years ago. I'm for amnesty so it doesn't seem like a conspiracy to me. Close neighbors should find a way to co-exist and that should be a priority.

Drug issues are preventing us from any forward movement on this but Mexico also has a stake in getting that under control.

It's a tough issue.

I'm for common sense

1. close the border
2. amnesty - but its not really amnesty b/c they'd have to pay a hefty fine
3. no more anchor babies
4. bill Mexico for expenses incurred by illegals

None of that is common sense.

I read about the premise some years ago. I'm for amnesty so it doesn't seem like a conspiracy to me. Close neighbors should find a way to co-exist and that should be a priority.

Drug issues are preventing us from any forward movement on this but Mexico also has a stake in getting that under control.

It's a tough issue.

I'm for common sense

1. close the border
3. no more anchor babies

None of that is common sense.

And what exactly would you suggest?

The sighs are very interesting...and telling. If I lived in AZ I would be outraged.

Nice plan hes got. Lest put up some signs.

What I did notice that was not part of that sigh was the simple phrase

NO TRESPASSING VIOLATORS WILL BE PROSECUTED

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.
....And, Obama is expected to cover all o' these tasks, daily (per the RNC). :rolleyes:

So....who's the Republican-equivalent, to Obama, who can do all these things?

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.
....And, Obama is expected to cover all o' these tasks, daily (per the RNC). :rolleyes:

bobby-jindal.jpg

It's a tough issue.

I'm for common sense

1. close the border
3. no more anchor babies

You forgot about the lobbyists (for businesses that hire undocumented-workers). How do you plan on compensating them??

It's a tough issue.

I'm for common sense

1. close the border
3. no more anchor babies

You forgot about the lobbyists (for businesses that hire undocumented-workers). How do you plan on compensating them??

You're correct, my bad

5. Fine companies SO prohibitively for hiring illegals that it all but bankrupts them. , jail time for repeat offenders

bobby-jindal.jpg

Yeah.....he's done a great job o' handing-out federal-buck$!!!

I'm for common sense

1. close the border
3. no more anchor babies

You're correct, my bad

5. Fine companies SO prohibitively for hiring illegals that it all but bankrupts them. , jail time for repeat offenders

....But, still no concern about lobbyists (who're handing out campaign-contributions to politicians who fight efforts to fine such businesses)???

You're correct, my bad

....But, still no concern about lobbyists (who're handing out campaign-contributions to politicians who fight efforts to fine such businesses)???

Well, personally I'd outlaw all lobbyists, but........

bobby-jindal.jpg

OUCH!!!! (Another one....)

He's a liar......​

Diddly squat.
The key elements of the immigration bill have been published. It's what you might expect, a national id card, probably your driver's licences or state id, more money to the border patrol and INS, more technology, addition regulations for employers, a path to citizenship. That's all I remember. There is quite a bit more.

Sounds just like what Bush was trying to pass.

Back when Republicans controlled both houses?

It's a tough issue.

I'm for common sense

1. close the border
3. no more anchor babies
I would add a couple of points:

5. Severely punish employers who knowingly hire illegals.
6. All overseas wire transfers must be accompanied by proof of legal presence.

I believe the last point will eliminate much of the attraction for illegals...not to mention hit Mexico where it hurts. They depend heavily on money wired home to prop up their failing economy.

Plans to keep the border as porous as possible until he can put into effect some kind of near-amnesty law before the 2012 elections in order to keep the hispanic vote intact.
I got two good eyes and I can still see!!! Yippiee!!

Forum List

Back