What Does Obama Do Best?

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
Saddled with a dearth of skills when it comes to guiding the nation, Liberal heartthrob, Barack Hussein Obama, does have one skill that he burnishes regularly.
Hint: who was the hands-down winner of the 2013 'Lie of the Year'?

You got it!

1. Let's take a look at Obama's latest offer: " Weekly Address: America Is a Place Where Hard Work Should Be Rewarded Increasing the national minimum wage to $10.10 an hour would benefit 28 million Americans, and make our economy stronger. " Weekly Address America Is a Place Where Hard Work Should Be Rewarded The White House

2. Gotta', hand it to the guy: he shamelessly jumps right into it:
The current number of employed American workers is 144 million. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, among those paid by the hour,1.6 millionAmericans earned the prevailing federal minimum wage of $7.25 per hour in 2012.

Reminder: 1.1 Percent of U.S. Workforce MakesMinimum...
Reminder 1.1 Percent of U.S. Workforce Makes Minimum Wage National Review Online

Now, to be fair, he has four aces that allow him to play his hand with lies:

a. The media will not expose his lies the way they would if a Republican did so.
b. He has the support of the most dim-witted voters in history...or close to it....
c. It's tough for him to break the habit
d. He is a Democrat, it's part of their nature ("I did not have sex with that woman....")

3. I love this one : "...[it will] make our economy stronger."
If you had the abysmal record in failing to improve the US economy, as Obama does, would you dare use a phrase that would spotlight same??

Need a reminder?
a. "Incomes Have Dropped Twice as Much During the 'Recovery' as During the Recession
. ...the Census Bureau's Current Population Survey ....indicate that the real (inflation-adjusted)median annual household income in America has fallen by 4.4 percent during the "recovery," after having fallen by 1.8 during the recession."

Incomes Have Dropped Twice as Much During the Recovery as During the Recession The Weekly Standard

How about his 'war on women'?

b. "(CNSNews.com) - The real median income of American women dropped a little more than four percent in the first three full years after the end of the last recession,..... Census Bureau income data, the median income of American women was $21,520 in constant 2012 dollars. That was down $914 dollars—or about 4.1 percent—from 2009." Median Income of Women Dropped 4 --In First 3 Years of Recovery CNS News

Wadda ya' say....shoo-in for 2014 'Lie of the Year'??

It's what he does best.

Freak you out.

I fervently look toward the day when one of your persuasion will actually post a cogent, specific post in contention to what you seem to find objectionable.

Am I too much of an optimist?

Are there no intelligent folks on your side of the aisle?

None?

Well, then....you must be their queen.

obama-ebola-1-1.jpg

4. Piss conservatives off so much that they concoct bizarre conspiracy theories, undermining their credibility to everyone outside of their echo chamber.

I used to think that you were level headed.....but that has changed.

In fact, your post brought to mind the exchange between Henry David Thoreau, and Ralph Waldo Emerson...

Thoreau went to jail for refusal to pay taxes....the reaction of Emerson, who criticized the imprisonment as pointless. According to some accounts, Emerson visited Thoreau in jail and asked, “Henry, what are you doing in there?” Thoreau replied, “Waldo, the question is what are you doing out there?”

You should be criticizing Obama just as I do.

During the course of the day I'll provide a number of lies that Obama told in his minimum wage speech.

See if you can support him.

He makes fools out of people and they like it

:thup:

By lying, deflecting, blaming and smearing the other guy and cowering from behind. He is a total failure according to most political analysts and anyone other than lo-info voters who get their political impressions from Comedy Central and MSNBC.

He makes fools out of people and they like it

:thup:

By lying, deflecting, blaming and smearing the other guy and cowering from behind. He is a total failure according to most political analysts and anyone other than lo-info voters who get their political impressions from Comedy Central and MSNBC.

4. Obama said: "...While Republicans in Congress have blocked this commonsense proposal, ..."
Weekly Address America Is a Place Where Hard Work Should Be Rewarded The White House

OK....I may be picky, but this dope in the White House has used up any slack he may have deserved.

Is 'commonsense' the analysis that our economic expert uses in running the county?
That might explain some of his bone-headed moves. After all, common sense is what tells you that two plumb lines are parallel.

5.Obama: "....created over ten million new jobs over the last four years...."
Four Pinocchios.....5 million. Jobs created during U.S. presidential terms - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

I am amazed he can speak of common sense while rejecting the plea to stop travel to and from Ebola infected nations - imports included - there is definitely a common sense chip missing here on many things he has said and done. He tells the people it is safe to travel on a bus next to someone with Ebola yet the CDC says the opposite - if that were not enough there are his followers saying there is no one more intelligent on this board then Obama - yet most USMB bloggers have enough common sense to believe the CDC report over him!

I am amazed he can speak of common sense while rejecting the plea to stop travel to and from Ebola infected nations - imports included - there is definitely a common sense chip missing here on many things he has said and done. He tells the people it is safe to travel on a bus next to someone with Ebola yet the CDC says the opposite - if that were not enough there are his followers saying there is no one more intelligent on this board then Obama - yet most USMB bloggers have enough common sense to believe the CDC report over him!

For today, Jeri, I'm gonna stick to exposing Obama's lies in his Saturday minimum wage propaganda speech.

6. And,more of Obama's lies....I mean speech:
"...making sure women are paid fairly..."

" The White House has not narrowed the gap between the average pay of male and female employees since President Obama’s first year in office, according to a Washington Post analysis of new salary data.

The average male White House employee currently earns about $88,600, while the average female White House employee earns about $78,400, ...." Male-female pay gap remains entrenched at White House - The Washington Post

Who has a 'war on women'????

7. Obama: "...help folks get ahead....raising the minimum wage...could you live on $14,500 a year? That's what a person working full time on minimum wage makes...."

This calculation from the Obama regime as to what constitutes the poverty level:

"2014 POVERTY GUIDELINES FOR THE 48 CONTIGUOUS STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA one person: $11, 670 http://aspe.hhs.gov/poverty/14poverty.cfm

So....a husband and wife, both working full time at minimum wage....

...almost $30,000.....

4. Piss conservatives off so much that they concoct bizarre conspiracy theories, undermining their credibility to everyone outside of their echo chamber.

In fact, your post brought to mind the exchange between Henry David Thoreau, and Ralph Waldo Emerson...

Thoreau went to jail for refusal to pay taxes....the reaction of Emerson, who criticized the imprisonment as pointless. According to some accounts, Emerson visited Thoreau in jail and asked, “Henry, what are you doing in there?” Thoreau replied, “Waldo, the question is what are you doing out there?”

During the course of the day I'll provide a number of lies that Obama told in his minimum wage speech.

I'm not kidding.

I'm serious.

I'm not kidding.

I'm serious.

"..... they concoct bizarre conspiracy theories,...."

Find any in my posts?

Of course you didn't.

Seems to me, you're simply one of those deathly afraid to criticize the community organizer.

Grow a pair.

I'm not kidding.

I'm serious.

Find any in my posts?

Of course you didn't.

Seems to me, you're simply one of those deathly afraid to criticize the community organizer.

Grow a pair.

I am criticizing "the community organizer."

But for the irrational who think he's a communist/fascist/Muslim/Kenyan, that may be hard to see.

I'm not kidding.

I'm serious.

Find any in my posts?

Of course you didn't.

Grow a pair.

I am criticizing "the community organizer."

But for the irrational who think he's a communist/fascist/Muslim/Kenyan, that may be hard to see.

No, you gave a back of the hand to this thread.

Clearly, you are not able to support your claim of "bizarre conspiracy theories," which is what you posted earlier.

Now you suggest that I may be irrational, and you find some reference to him being "a communist/fascist/Muslim/Kenyan."
To state such is a lie.

Clearly written in the OP is the claim that Obama is a liar.

And, I'll continue to do so.

You can apologize when you're ready.

8. Obama, in the video, said: "A hard day's work deserves a fair day's pay!"

A fair day's pay?
Who decides fair? Big government?
David Mamet answers that:

" The devil, as usual, is in the details. The unspoken and unrecognized assumption is that there exists some mechanism that can distribute goods and services. The only such mechanism is, and must be, the totalitarian state.

To believe this, one must accept that there exists some equation by which the state can fairly and honestly control human exchange. Here we go: increasing taxes to increase programs to increase happiness to allow equality…all of which ends up in dictatorship.

a. The adolescent, the Marxist, and the Liberal dream of “fairness,” brought about by the state. Silly. This would mean usurping the society decision that the skilled worker is entitled to higher pay than the unskilled. This decision is never pronounced by any authority other than the free market. It was arrived at via the interaction of human beings perfectly capable of ordering their own affairs.

b. Government cannot and will not correct itself- thus the necessity for elections. But society, convened as the free market, can and does correct itself…and quickly, ‘else the risk of impoverishment.

c. If the Leftist is interested in a more ‘fair’ redistribution of wealth, let him vote for lower taxes, and then he can distribute his now larger share of his wealth to the lesser compensated folks.

d. Illustrative of reality is the fact that the Leftist refrains from paying above the stated price for goods and services…he wants, as everyone else does, competition between said services. Only then does he stand a chance of getting a “fair” price. In his own enterprise, he strives to improve quality or lower price…’else his potential customers will take their business to others. Unless he has the power of government!"
David Mamet, "The Secret Knowledge," chapter 32.

Forum List

Back