What does never getting laid have to do with not wanting to go to a

Don't know, don't care, I don't question these things.

All I know is that's how it is.

I;m asking you for a answer and you can't give me one

I can give you an answer.

Assuming Marion Morrison is correct and a lot of currently unattached individuals who otherwise were unlikely to get laid that evening attend weddings, their chances are improved at a wedding because they and their soon-to-be sex parner have something in common merely by being at the event. That removes a barrier and provides something to talk about, even for people who typically haven't anything interesting enough to say, do or be that will sufficiently inspire another to want to "do the nasty" with them. Also, there tends to be a lot of drinking going on at weddings.

That, of course, is predicated on Marion Morrison's "theory" being so. As I earlier said, at the weddings I've attended, it's very rare that the guests arrive without a "plus one" whom they weren't otherwise "banging" that evening anyway. Very, very rarely has it been that a guest parted ways with their boyfriend/girlfriend, spouse, sex partner, etc. and had to show up "stag" for the wedding.

Sitting here debating should I even go and give her a gift at a later time.

Just see no point in showing up at a wedding alone. And I think she feels it would it look would stupid too which is why she kept asking me......."are you bringing your friend?"

Here's a hint, fbj: Bring a girlie friend. ;)

The fat girl doesn't qualify because she hasn't shown me she can dress up and be sexy

Assuming Marion Morrison is correct and a lot of currently unattached individuals who otherwise were unlikely to get laid that evening attend weddings, their chances are improved at a wedding because they and their soon-to-be sex parner have something in common merely by being at the event. That removes a barrier and provides something to talk about, even for people who typically haven't anything interesting enough to say, do or be that will sufficiently inspire another to want to "do the nasty" with them. Also, there tends to be a lot of drinking going on at weddings.

That, of course, is predicated on Marion Morrison's "theory" being so. As I earlier said, at the weddings I've attended, it's very rare that the guests arrive without a "plus one" whom they weren't otherwise "banging" that evening anyway. Very, very rarely has it been that a guest parted ways with their boyfriend/girlfriend, spouse, sex partner, etc. and had to show up "stag" for the wedding.

Just see no point in showing up at a wedding alone. And I think she feels it would it look would stupid too which is why she kept asking me......."are you bringing your friend?"

Frankly, if I didn't think that both she and I are in some way made better by our acquaintanceship, I wouldn't go to her wedding, or go with her to someone else's. Lest someone in the "peanut gallery" think that's arrogant, it's not; it's called self-respect. It's recognizing the relationship for what it is, what it is not, and what it won't ever be -- due to your or the other party's disinterest in making be otherwise -- and treating it accordingly. There's no need to return her cattiness with some similar rudeness, but there's also no need to go to her wedding, for not going is not rude.

Regardless of whether you go to the wedding, giving a gift is always optional. Quite frankly, given the remark you say she made, she'd neither see me at her wedding nor a gift commemorating/celebrating it from me.

The girl who made the laid comment is not the one getting married. It's a female I work with who asked me that after I told her I wasn't going to the reception

The fat girl doesn't qualify because she hasn't shown me she can dress up and be sexy

Fat or not, sexy or not, well dressed or not, you really need to consider whether that woman needs to be in your life beyond whatever exigencies exist that force you two to interact in some way, shape or form.

Fat or not, sexy or not, well dressed or not, you really need to consider whether that woman needs to be in your life beyond whatever exigencies exist that force you two to interact in some way, shape or form.

That's what I will be doing the remainder of May. On top of not making herself sexy she has not offered to treat me to dinner at all after 3 dates.

So I know for a fact we won't see each other again in May and not so sure about June

Frankly, if I didn't think that both she and I are in some way made better by our acquaintanceship, I wouldn't go to her wedding, or go with her to someone else's. Lest someone in the "peanut gallery" think that's arrogant, it's not; it's called self-respect. It's recognizing the relationship for what it is, what it is not, and what it won't ever be -- due to your or the other party's disinterest in making be otherwise -- and treating it accordingly. There's no need to return her cattiness with some similar rudeness, but there's also no need to go to her wedding, for not going is not rude.

Regardless of whether you go to the wedding, giving a gift is always optional. Quite frankly, given the remark you say she made, she'd neither see me at her wedding nor a gift commemorating/celebrating it from me.
The girl who made the laid comment is not the one getting married. It's a female I work with who asked me that after I told her I wasn't going to the reception

Okay. TY for the clarification, though it doesn't alter anything other than the fact that insofar as the "laid comment" woman isn't the one who invited you to the wedding and isn't the person getting married, what you opt to do is none of her business.

The woman who made the "laid" comment clearly doesn't think much of you, and you thus have no good reason for sharing anything of your non-work life with her. Relegate her to "coworker" status, be civil with her at work, and let that be the end of your involvement with her.

That's what I will be doing the remainder of May. On top of not making herself sexy she has not offered to treat me to dinner at all after 3 dates.

So I know for a fact we won't see each other again in May and not so sure about June
Whatever. She's a coworker of sorts. If you see her and interact, you do. If you don't, you don't. Be pleasant if you happen upon one another in public, and leave it at that.

wedding reception?

A coworker who I am kind of close to ask me in a irritated tone have I ever been laid when I told her I am not going to the wedding reception today. The issue is I only know the bride and she never introduced me to her family the 15 years we been knowing each other and neither have I. So she sent me an invitation for her wedding and at first I was like...."WHY? Then I found out it;s all about the gift so that's why I am going since we talk all the time.

But I am not social and to be at a reception where I don't know anyone just makes no sense since I am shy.

So why did the girl think I never had sex since I told her I am not going to the reception?
Hard to say without reading her body language.

You do come off as a very sexually frustrated guy. She probably wishes you would go get laid.

Okay. TY for the clarification, though it doesn't alter anything other than the fact that insofar as the "laid comment" woman isn't the one who invited you to the wedding and isn't the person getting married, what you opt to do is none of her business.

The woman who made the "laid" comment clearly doesn't think much of you, and you thus have no good reason for sharing anything of your non-work life with her. Relegate her to "coworker" status, be civil with her at work, and let that be the end of your involvement with her.

I agree and won't put up with anymore disrespect from this point on at the job. It was no one else around us when she asked that question so I let it slide. But if she had asked me that shit in front of other people I would have lost it

I agree and won't put up with anymore disrespect from this point on at the job. It was no one else around us when she asked that question so I let it slide. But if she had asked me that shit in front of other people I would have lost it
if she had asked me that shit in front of other people I would have lost it

"Losing it" would have been just about the worst thing you could have done. The way to deal with things like her remark is to allow her own words to serve as the petard by which she hoists herself. Had other people been around and heard the remark, the thing to do was to state that you did not appreciate anything about her comment and that you will not dignify it with a substantive reply, at which point you should have ended the conversation.

Having thus done that, you should have returned to your workstation (or gone "wherever"), accurately documented what was said, including no "color commentary," the names of the other people who overheard the conversation, stated you do not expect to be spoken to that way at work, and then emailed your documentation to your supervisor, HR. the company's legal department, and an employee arbitration attorney. From that point forward, you allow things to play out as they do, and you do not speak of the matter to anyone, except to legal or HR department personnel and your boss, and only then when explicitly asked about the matter. Believe it or not, highly accurate contemporaneous memos composed in a dispassionate manner work for everyone, not just Jim Comey.

Being among the senior management in my firm, had I been within earshot of that conversation, that woman -- assuming what you've related here is the beginning and end of what was said by you and her -- would be on her way out the door. At work, there's are topics, times and places for a little good natured ribbing, and then there're are remarks that don't belong in the workplace Remarks about anything having to do with a person's sexual activities falls under "reprehensibly unacceptable," even if they happen to seem or be complimentary.

if she had asked me that shit in front of other people I would have lost it

"Losing it" would have been just about the worst thing you could have done. The way to deal with things like her remark is to allow her own words to serve as the petard by which she hoists herself. Had other people been around and heard the remark, the thing to do was to state that you did not appreciate anything about her comment and that you will not dignify it with a substantive reply, at which point you should have ended the conversation.

Having thus done that, you should have returned to your workstation (or gone "wherever"), accurately documented what was said, including no "color commentary," the names of the other people who overheard the conversation, stated you do not expect to be spoken to that way at work, and then emailed your documentation to your supervisor, HR. the company's legal department, and an employee arbitration attorney. From that point forward, you allow things to play out as they do, and you do not speak of the matter to anyone, except to legal or HR department personnel and your boss, and only then when explicitly asked about the matter. Believe it or not, highly accurate contemporaneous memos composed in a dispassionate manner work for everyone, not just Jim Comey.

Being among the senior management in my firm, had I been within earshot of that conversation, that woman -- assuming what you've related here is the beginning and end of what was said by you and her -- would be on her way out the door. At work, there's are topics, times and places for a little good natured ribbing, and then there're are remarks that don't belong in the workplace Remarks about anything having to do with a person's sexual activities falls under "reprehensibly unacceptable," even if they happen to seem or be complimentary.

My female friend said she would have went to HR if a guy asked her that at work. lol

I have to admit that I am still shocked she came out of her mouth like that at the workplace

I started to entertain it and say....."no i haven't do u know any nice girls who can help me?"

wedding reception?

A coworker who I am kind of close to ask me in a irritated tone have I ever been laid when I told her I am not going to the wedding reception today. The issue is I only know the bride and she never introduced me to her family the 15 years we been knowing each other and neither have I. So she sent me an invitation for her wedding and at first I was like...."WHY? Then I found out it;s all about the gift so that's why I am going since we talk all the time.

But I am not social and to be at a reception where I don't know anyone just makes no sense since I am shy.

So why did the girl think I never had sex since I told her I am not going to the reception?
A coworker who I am kind of close to ask me in a irritated tone have I ever been laid when I told her I am not going to the wedding reception today. ....why did the girl think I never had sex since I told her I am not going to the reception?

I don't know. She's your friend/acquaintance. You likely know the workings of her mind better than we. I suggest you just "catalogue" her remark as part of how her mind works or doesn't and leave it at that.

You also may want to ask yourself why you feel as though you need to with a response, or moment's worth of thought, dignify her remarks and questions of that nature. You can't do a thing about the stupid sh*t other people do, think or say. You are (or should be), however, in complete control of how and whether you even respond to their stupid sh*t.

Well I figured someone on here would know that's why I asked because the question didn't make a lot of sense

Going to a wedding reception greatly increases your chances of getting laid.

This is a hetero wedding

why?
Why would someone have to go to a wedding reception to get laid might be the more revealing query.

wedding reception?

You are not playing her silly chic tric, that is why. Guys are cronies for poon, not just capital.

Just proclaim, you have your Own silly rules and you cannot provide any form of relationship representation without any poon taxation; and, that the other ones have to already be doing you in private, if she wants any action, in public.

wedding reception?

Knowing you as she does it sounds like a perfectly normal question to ask you IMO.

Forum List

Back