What does Jesus think of the warmongering of the United States?

Dr.Drock

Aug 19, 2009
I'm talking about all current and recent moments of warmongering in Afghanistan, Iraq, Pakistan, Syria, Libya, etc.

Here's Jesus and other biblical quotes;

"Resist not evil, but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also." (Mt. 5:39)

"Remind the Christians to speak evil of no man, to be no brawlers, but gentle, showing meekness to all men." (Titus 3:2)

"Do all things without murmurrings and disputings, that ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God without rebuke in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation." (Philipians 2:14:15)

Whatever you to to another it is as tho you were doing it to Jesus for he said:"In as much as ye have done it into one of the least of these, my brothers, ye have done it unto me." (Matthew 25:40)

"I say unto you love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which desoitefully use and persecute you, that you may be children of your father which is in heaven." (Matthew 5:44-45)

There are many more quotes but for the sake of "readability" I stopped there, this is why Martin Luther King Jr was the greatest American of the 20th century to me. He's one of the few people I can think of who took this stuff seriously.

I could tell you but from your history you clearly would not understand.

Why waste my time. A discussion is only desirable with each side hope to learn from the other.

Jesus likes it when we attack those wicked Muslims

I could tell you but from your history you clearly would not understand.

Why waste my time. A discussion is only desirable with each side hope to learn from the other.

Will you be telling me why Jesus would be ok with it? Or would you just be telling me what you've told yourself to excuse your views on war?

I don't like war, our politicians are the ones that like war, along with the companies that supply the war material. During Vietnam it was being called a political war. I suggested that we take the number of people in the military and divide by the number of politicians to get a ratio. Lets say the ratio is 100:1. Every time 100 military die we have to have one politician die. that would end the war in about a week.

Free will is what Jesus gave us, some chose to do right and some chose to do wrong. If we didn't have free will we would all be robots and this discussion would not be taking place because we would all be alike.

How boring.

Last edited:
I don't like war, our politicians are the ones that like war, along with the companies that supply the war material. During Vietnam it was being called a political war. I suggested that we take the number of people in the military and divide by the number of politicians to get a ratio. Lets say the ratio is 100:1. Every time 100 military die we have to have one politician die. that would end the war in about a week.

Free will is what Jesus gave us, some chose to do right and some chose to do wrong. If we didn't have free will we would all be robots and this discussion would not be taking place because we would all be alike.

How boring.

Thanks for the response. You didn't really answer my question as to what Jesus would think of it, but I appreciate your thoughts.

In my opinion we're all partially to blame to different degrees, either by encouraging or allowing our politicians to do these things and our tax dollars are used to do them.

How boring.

Thanks for the response. You didn't really answer my question as to what Jesus would think of it, but I appreciate your thoughts.

In my opinion we're all partially to blame to different degrees, either by encouraging or allowing our politicians to do these things and our tax dollars are used to do them.

Based on my beliefs he is very sad. It is not Gods will that we go to war, if we would do what we asked of us there would be no war but evil does exist. We have a choice to chose good vs evil. Since Christians are a minority in the world we are obviously losing the battle.

I'm talking about all current and recent moments of warmongering in Afghanistan, Iraq, Pakistan, Syria, Libya, etc.

Here's Jesus and other biblical quotes;

"Resist not evil, but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also." (Mt. 5:39)

"Remind the Christians to speak evil of no man, to be no brawlers, but gentle, showing meekness to all men." (Titus 3:2)

"Do all things without murmurrings and disputings, that ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God without rebuke in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation." (Philipians 2:14:15)

Whatever you to to another it is as tho you were doing it to Jesus for he said:"In as much as ye have done it into one of the least of these, my brothers, ye have done it unto me." (Matthew 25:40)

"I say unto you love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which desoitefully use and persecute you, that you may be children of your father which is in heaven." (Matthew 5:44-45)

There are many more quotes but for the sake of "readability" I stopped there, this is why Martin Luther King Jr was the greatest American of the 20th century to me. He's one of the few people I can think of who took this stuff seriously.

Amen, to all those verses/Gods Word. As for what He thinks, well, since He is God He already knows what's going to happen. Of course He hates sin, and each of us are individually accountable. But He also has given us all a gift through Jesus Christ His Son, as He loves us so much. Sadly, sin happens as it's our nature and even though He hates it, He knows it's going to happen. (Kinda like how Judas betrayed Him) I'm guessing that some things are allowed to happen (within the hardening of hearts of men) for the end of all things, as we know it, to pass. I dunno though. Ever read Revelation 13?...

There has to be a point unto which a world leader comes into place, one that deceives many. How that comes about, we can only speculate. Satan will temporarily have his throne on earth for a short time. It will be horrible and unlike any time before we have seen. Sometimes I wonder if the seemingly current US decline isn't being set up by the powers that be, so the US and other countries are forced into a one world currency and/or one world government. Because I think something has to happen similar to that for this to happen:

Revelation 13
11 And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon.

12 And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed.

13 And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men,

14 And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.

15 And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.

16 And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:

17 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

18 Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

Perhaps the USA will get annialated? Or, perhaps we'd become so Godless, we'd head up this "world power". Personally, I'd rather take the first of the two for our nations sake and the souls of men/woman. Godlessness seems to be the way we are headed though, sadly. I dunno though, we'll see what happens. (By me saying this, by no means do I wish for it to happen, I'm just sayin. Something has to come about with the USA - as in, where will be during the final rule of the final AntiChrist?)

2 Chronicles 7:14
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Last edited:
I wonder why the mods allow unbridled flaming in the religion/ethics forum...when anything that starts out with such a ridiculous premise anywhere else is immediately dumped into the romper room, the conspiracy forum, or the flame zone?

All this shit does is make a joke out of the religion/ethics forum.

I wonder why the mods allow unbridled flaming in the religion/ethics forum...when anything that starts out with such a ridiculous premise anywhere else is immediately dumped into the romper room, the conspiracy forum, or the flame zone?

What is wrong with the OP question? Too awkward for you?

It's a troll thread, begun by a bait OP.

Which explains your presence here.

She's feeling insecure that she proclaims to be this big time christian who follows the Bible, yet even the lowest level of understanding shows how against the principles of war Jesus is/was.

It's a crossroads for her, what will win out? Her desire for us to kill muslims/arabs? Or her desire to follow Jesus's teachings?

I know what route she'll take now, but maybe as she grows up that'll change.

It's a troll thread, begun by a bait OP.

Which explains your presence here.

Everyone who gets rep spread from you is anxiously awaiting for more, Allie...let's make it 5 days in a row....go for it, dearie. :clap2::clap2::clap2:

She's feeling insecure that she proclaims to be this big time christian who follows the Bible, yet even the lowest level of understanding shows how against the principles of war Jesus is/was.

It's a crossroads for her, what will win out? Her desire for us to kill muslims/arabs? Or her desire to follow Jesus's teachings?

I know what route she'll take now, but maybe as she grows up that'll change.

She is proving that christian talk is usually cheap.

(as is muslim talk...as is jewish talk...as is hindu talk...etc.)

Well we know where you get your proof, Bod, based on the garbage you spew...

Somewhere under your left ass cheek.

Forum List

Back