What does it say about republicans when the top two polling candidates have no political experience

Republicans would not stop harping on the inexperience of Obama in the 2008 campaign yet now their two top candidates for 2016 have never even seen public office.

Moreover, Trump has virtually no policy ideas whatsoever besides his plan to deport all illegals, which, in reality would cost a quarter of a trillion and take decades to implement according to the CBO. How can republicans be so naive to support this Neanderthal? We have no earthly idea what Trump would do as president and neither does Trump himself. He's just a drama queen craving attention.

Ben Carson has such ridiculous socially conservative views that I have a hard time believing he even actually genuinely believes in them. A retired neurosurgeon could not be this dumb. I think he just spouts that crap because he knows all of the dumb rednecks in this country would go ape shit over it.

Repubs need to realize that there is no way in hell independents and democrats would ever vote for these douche bags. Right now, I think the GOP's chances in 2016 are looking grim.

It tells me that the people are getting tired of a political class that has been leeching off the public for decades now. It tells me that corrupt politicians are possibly reaching the end of the line and the lying scum will finally be kicked to the curb.

Seems we are getting a consensus here Billy.

Does this answer make sense to you?

Seems to me Trump's resonance is because he isn't playing the Washington D.C. PC game... he isn't parsing his words for fear of pissing of this person or that person.. it's more like.. "hey, here's what's on my mind!" Instead of "hey, here's what you want to hear!"

And don't get me wrong.. I haven't jumped on the Trump bandwagon just yet.
trump is resonating with the racist, nativist, idiotic portion of the republican base followed by those dazzled by star power.
you know, a bunch of fucking idiots.

Seems to me Trump's resonance is because he isn't playing the Washington D.C. PC game... he isn't parsing his words for fear of pissing of this person or that person.. it's more like.. "hey, here's what's on my mind!" Instead of "hey, here's what you want to hear!"

trump is resonating with the racist, nativist, idiotic portion of the republican base followed by those dazzled by star power.

Nonsense.

Republicans would not stop harping on the inexperience of Obama in the 2008 campaign yet now their two top candidates for 2016 have never even seen public office.

Moreover, Trump has virtually no policy ideas whatsoever besides his plan to deport all illegals, which, in reality would cost a quarter of a trillion and take decades to implement according to the CBO. How can republicans be so naive to support this Neanderthal? We have no earthly idea what Trump would do as president and neither does Trump himself. He's just a drama queen craving attention.

Ben Carson has such ridiculous socially conservative views that I have a hard time believing he even actually genuinely believes in them. A retired neurosurgeon could not be this dumb. I think he just spouts that crap because he knows all of the dumb rednecks in this country would go ape shit over it.

Repubs need to realize that there is no way in hell independents and democrats would ever vote for these douche bags. Right now, I think the GOP's chances in 2016 are looking grim.
That's easy. Republicans are sick of politicians. Politicians have become too steeped in their own world of corruption lies power and greed.

Is it any funnier that the people trashing Trump the most, voted for the least experienced candidate in possibly the last century?

Democrats have very short memories. You know, like it's none of the publics business what a President does in his personal time as long as he can do the job, and when Bush ran, they dug up a 25 year old DUI somewhere which Bush paid anyway. Or they even went as far as Romney's high school years to find out he played a prank on a fellow classmate and tied his dog carrier to the top of his car when his family went on vacation.

Trump's appeal is he is telling you leftists to take political correctness and stick it. I'm not 100% behind him...yet but on that point he gets my support

I like his most recent comment about English being our language. I'm so sick of having to press 1 to speak our very own language and sick of this country turning bilingual. He should include making English the official language of the US as part of his platform.

Obama was a moron with no real world experience. Now he's an experienced moron

Last edited:
"What does it say about republicans when the top two polling candidates have no political experience"

It says that most republicans have a naïve, sophomoric perception of politics and the presidency, that they incorrectly believe the country can be 'run like a business,' when in fact nothing could be further form the truth.

It illustrates the contempt most on the right have for critical thinking, objective, documented facts and evidence that conflict with rightist dogma, and their propensity to adhere blindly to that failed dogma in spite of the facts.

No that was Obama and his pillars.

Lol. Some people will believe anything.

That's easy. Republicans are sick of politicians. Politicians have become too steeped in their own world of corruption lies power and greed.
That experience of a politician is still critical.

Nonsense.
Reality. Why do you think people applaud him for telling bush to speak english?

You certainly do. Democrat politicians have been screwing the people of this country over for decades and you let them do it. Why?

You certainly do. Democrat politicians have been screwing the people of this country over for decades and you let them do it. Why?
They've been doing that on their own, have they?

Obama was a moron with no real world experience. Now he's an experienced moron
And Trump will remain a moron because he won't get elected.

You've gotten a lot of answers to your question from conservatives, and a consensus was obvious.

If the question was important enough to you to motivate a thread, why have you not responded to answer?

Nonsense.
Reality. Why do you think people applaud him for telling bush to speak english?

Anger over unwanted negative change.

As is right and proper.

Forum List

Back