What does it mean to be male?

PredFan

Diamond Member
Oct 13, 2011
In Liberal minds, rent free.
These days masculinity is under attack. There is a concerted effort in the media and in PC culture to emasculate men. You hear about toxic masculinity all over the place today. There are TV commercials that show men alone tending to kids and doing dishes and/or laundry presumably while the woman is working (which in my opinion would be a pretty good gig if you can get it).

But what exactly does it mean to be a Man?

Is it the 50s man who works all day, comes home and expects to be fed and attended to while he relaxes?

Is the the male that we are shown today who is cooperative, caring, and sharing to a point where he’s almist submissive to his female partner?

Or is it somewhere in between?

Personally, as a man who working in a field (healthcare) dominated by women and who raised 5 daughters, I feel I have been around the right mix. I’ve managed to maintain my masculinity and not been a pig or an asshole.

I like to cook, no, I love to cook. I am not too keen on everyday having to decide what to have for dinner and then cooking it, but I love to cook for fun. If I see a recipe that looks good and/or looks like a challenge, I’ll try it.

I do my own laundry. We all wash our own clothes. If I’m doing my work clothes and have some room in the machine, I’ll let everyone else know if they need something washed but we all pretty much do our own.

Does any of that make me less of a man? I don’t think so.

So what, in your opinion, makes a man a man?

These days masculinity is under attack. There is a concerted effort in the media and in PC culture to emasculate men. You hear about toxic masculinity all over the place today. There are TV commercials that show men alone tending to kids and doing dishes and/or laundry presumably while the woman is working (which in my opinion would be a pretty good gig if you can get it).

But what exactly does it mean to be a Man?

Is it the 50s man who works all day, comes home and expects to be fed and attended to while he relaxes?

Is the the male that we are shown today who is cooperative, caring, and sharing to a point where he’s almist submissive to his female partner?

Or is it somewhere in between?

Personally, as a man who working in a field (healthcare) dominated by women and who raised 5 daughters, I feel I have been around the right mix. I’ve managed to maintain my masculinity and not been a pig or an asshole.

I like to cook, no, I love to cook. I am not too keen on everyday having to decide what to have for dinner and then cooking it, but I love to cook for fun. If I see a recipe that looks good and/or looks like a challenge, I’ll try it.

I do my own laundry. We all wash our own clothes. If I’m doing my work clothes and have some room in the machine, I’ll let everyone else know if they need something washed but we all pretty much do our own.

Does any of that make me less of a man? I don’t think so.

So what, in your opinion, makes a man a man?
I agree. I'm pretty much like that although a little toward the asshole side. A little. My son and his wife recently came down to visit and she made something called Scalloped corn. I was skeptical but it turned out to be delicious. Try it if you like.

Scalloped Corn Recipe

Women are having more and more control. The United States is becoming less and less competitive. Figure it out.

Forum List

Back