What does HC ruling mean for Obama in November?

:lol: If Obama is reelected, Obamacare cannot be repealed...period.

That will be the case if either of them is elected. Period. The only chance we have is if you idiots quit letting yourselves get played by the lesser-of-two evils shell game. Wake the fuck up.

Therefore, if you would even consider voting for Obama, you are in favor of sustaining Obamacare......period.

Have you even read my fucking posts??? I would never consider voting for either of these jackasses. So, you're just wrong. Period.

The way I see it....... Because we have no viable third party in the US , by voting for whatever 3rd party candidate you plan on supporting ( I am assuming you plan on voting for someone, right?) you are essentially voting for Obama by default.

Also, You're a fool if you think Romney is the same as Obama. That is all. :thup:

The US , by voting for whatever 3rd party candidate you plan on supporting ( I am assuming you plan on voting for someone, right?) you are essentially voting for Obama by default.

Listen. It gets old retyping this, but please try to understand. You can make exactly the same argument in the other direction. You can say that by voting third party you are essentially voting for Romney by default. What is the difference??? There is none at all.

But of course neither is true. It's based on a logical error.

It's an obviously partisan view, but I'll share it here anyway:

...Arizona congressman David Schweikert --"Supreme Court just woke up a sleeping giant... election just rolled back to 2010 because it was driven by ObamaCare" -- as well as links to rank-and-file wingers saying more or less the same thing. Meanwhile, Politico brings us Sarah Palin's thoughts:

Sarah Palin says Thursday’s Supreme Court ruling will be a boon for conservatives -- because it will get them more fired up to vote in November.

"Thank you, SCOTUS. This Obamacare ruling fires up the troops as America's eyes are opened! Thank God," she said in a message posted on Facebook.

But the GOP base already hated Obama about as much as is humanly possible. This didn't so much awaken that giant as prevent it from going back to sleep.

The giant the GOP needs to alert about is the swing-voting population. Does this decision wake those folks up?

My feeling is that it won't, based on one simple fact: the health care law was unpopular and Obama was winning anyway. I say "the health care law was unpopular," and that's pretty much what every poll says, but there are two kinds of opinions a poll can uncover: opinions that are visceral and deep-seated -- e.g., for the past few years, "the economy sucks" -- and opinions that people apparently focus on when asked a poll question. In the latter category, I'd put "I disapprove of the health care law." Wingnuts hate it with every fiber of their being, but the rest of the country is flat-out confused. Disapprovers in the middle don't have a gut hatred of it -- if they did, Obama would be as unpopular as the law.

No More Mister Nice Blog

That will be the case if either of them is elected. Period. The only chance we have is if you idiots quit letting yourselves get played by the lesser-of-two evils shell game. Wake the fuck up.

Therefore, if you would even consider voting for Obama, you are in favor of sustaining Obamacare......period.

Have you even read my fucking posts??? I would never consider voting for either of these jackasses. So, you're just wrong. Period.

Do you remember what you posted? I can only read what you write.

If someone pointed a gun at my headed and made vote for one or the other of these asshats - I'd probably vote for Obama.

I understand your cynicism, but Romney is the only chance, however slim by your reckoning, of repealing Obamacare...and that's a fact.

I'll take a slim chance and the possibility of a decent president over no chance and the president we have now.

The US , by voting for whatever 3rd party candidate you plan on supporting ( I am assuming you plan on voting for someone, right?) you are essentially voting for Obama by default.

Listen. It gets old retyping this, but please try to understand. You can make exactly the same argument in the other direction. You can say that by voting third party you are essentially voting for Romney by default. What is the difference??? There is none at all.

But of course neither is true. It's based on a logical error.

Nice try, but your logical fallacy argument is only valid if each candidate has the exact same odds of winning the election. They do not. As of this moment, your vote for a 3rd party candidate only helps one person - Obama. :thup:

Yes...you should definitely vote third party.

The premise of the conversation was that you want healthcare repealed.

If you would even consider voting for Obama, you have no interest in repealing Obamacare.

Wrong again. Wow. At least you're consistent.

Obama will veto any attempt...period.

There will not be enough votes to override that veto...period.

If obamacare is fully instituted, it will never be repealed...period.

Those are all 100% accurate facts. There is no room for argument.

In essence, it's a pretty sound case to vote for him:

Closes the Medicare Part D "donut" hole;
Allows persons to stay on their parents' insurance until they are 26 at no cost to you or I;
Makes insurance companies take you with PECs...

On balance; it's a great bill.

Meanwhile...the presumptive Republican nominee has offered nothing as an alternative.

Republicans chose the wrong candidate to fight OBamacare

Let Romney explain the difference between Romneycare and Obamacare

I was for it before I was against it

yeah, I HOPE Obama brings that up...and then Romney slaps the shit out of him with what difference is

Are you aware there is no difference?

Mandate and all

I think it's too soon to tell how the ruling will effect the election. But just judging from the media today, it appears that the ruling is likely to galvanize the hatred for Obama from the Right. Whether that's enough to get Republicans to vote for Romney remains to be seen. Despite what Romney says, the ruling will be interpreted by the public as approval by the court and will add legitimacy to the law. It's a win for Obama and Americans love a winner.

Yeah, I think this gets Obama 2 additional swing states. He was going to win the election anyway since the republicans have (supposedly) rallied around Governor Romney and he has gained next to nothing in the polls. What support Governor Romney has is soft. Yes, I know the conventions have not happened yet. And when they do; it's a zero sum gain; both sides get a bump.

What Governor Romney needs is a game changer. He can't get momentum on his own by playing defense. Obama needs to make some serious blunders and, at least up until last week, I thought he was too skilled a politician to make those mistakes.

The sad thing from the point of view of the Governor is that Obama made some mistakes and Romney gained zippo. I doubt he'll have this sort of opportunity again.

For your post; you're right....this will be seen as an endorsement even though it wasn't. Very bad news for the GOP today.

I think it's too soon to tell how the ruling will effect the election. But just judging from the media today, it appears that the ruling is likely to galvanize the hatred for Obama from the Right. Whether that's enough to get Republicans to vote for Romney remains to be seen. Despite what Romney says, the ruling will be interpreted by the public as approval by the court and will add legitimacy to the law. It's a win for Obama and Americans love a winner.

Yeah, I think this gets Obama 2 additional swing states. He was going to win the election anyway since the republicans have (supposedly) rallied around Governor Romney and he has gained next to nothing in the polls. What support Governor Romney has is soft. Yes, I know the conventions have not happened yet. And when they do; it's a zero sum gain; both sides get a bump.

What Governor Romney needs is a game changer. He can't get momentum on his own by playing defense. Obama needs to make some serious blunders and, at least up until last week, I thought he was too skilled a politician to make those mistakes.

The sad thing from the point of view of the Governor is that Obama made some mistakes and Romney gained zippo. I doubt he'll have this sort of opportunity again.

For your post; you're right....this will be seen as an endorsement even though it wasn't. Very bad news for the GOP today.

Even though obama was never going to get my vote obamacare just pushed me over to Romney's side, now how many more of the 25% undecided have now mind up their mind? obama is toast.

On balance, I think this ruling hurts Obama's chances.

I previously believed his re-election was a shoe-in, but I also believed the SC would overturn the mandate, thus firing up the democratic base to get Obama re-elected so he could implement a public option solution. So now it seems less certain to me as this ruling is instead more likely to fire up the republican base. Will it be enough to put Romney over the top? hard to say.

Might it be possible that the Right's screaming for full repeal will also help fire up the Dem base?

Allows persons to stay on their parents' insurance until they are 26 at no cost to you or I;

Meanwhile...the presumptive Republican nominee has offered nothing as an alternative.

I'll say. In fact, he has offered THE EXACT FUCKING PLAN. Ain't it great,

I'll say. In fact, he has offered THE EXACT FUCKING PLAN. Ain't it great,

Nothing as an alternative....that is.

Sounds great...after the 2700 page Obamacare monstrosity is repealed, we can write that law on a post-it.

Sounds great...after the 2700 page Obamacare monstrosity is repealed, we can write that law on a post-it.

Apparently you're unsophisticated about how the bill becomes a law and how a law is repealed:

First what may happen is Obama doesn't get a second term. We all know Romney isn't going to win but lets say he does.

Then what must happen is that you would have to get a super majority in the Senate. Mathematically, that isn't going to happen either.

So there is no chance (at least for the next 2 years) that any part of this law will be repealed.

Sorry, thats the way it works.

I think it would be great if Obama thanks Mitt for giving him the idea for Obamacare at he debate AND notes the page of the bill where each of the very popular parts of it can be found. 2700 pages ain't a big deal if good shit is on most of the pages.

Yes...you should definitely vote third party.

The premise of the conversation was that you want healthcare repealed.

If you would even consider voting for Obama, you have no interest in repealing Obamacare.

Yep. If fully implemented, it will never be repealed because tens of millions of people would loose Medicaid, many millions more would loose tax credits they use to buy health insurance, small businesses would lose tax breaks, and everyone would loose the assurance of healthcare coverage regardless of preexisting condition or illness. The Rights only hope is to repeal the law before it's implemented.

To repeal, Republicans would have to capture both houses of congress and the presidency plus have 2/3 control of the senate. Even then political pressure from insurance companies, hospitals, doctors, and tens of millions that will benefit from the law would make the repeal all but impossible. Republicans are beating a dead horse.

I think there will be additional healthcare legislation aimed at making coverage less expensive, but there will no repeal.

Forum List

Back