What does HC ruling mean for Obama in November?

Itd been more likely had the court decided the otherway because he could have said "well I tried but..." and then Republican's couldn't really run against it anymore. Now there are sound bytes of Obama saying it's not a tax when it really is. It's not popular with the country and especially in Swing States. I think it makes it even less likely Obama gets elected now. Either way it was a loss for him because people don't want it.

Ahh...a voice in the wilderness...
You said it well. If it was defeated - so would the discussion about it by November. What the loons don't see here is that the latest number had just 39% of those polled were in favor of Obamacare as is...and only, I think it was 17%, in favor of mandates (well...let's call it what it is...tax)
Another number Americans will be familiar with is that on average insurance premiums have went up 9% since Obamacare passed. Much more than previous years...and it is estimated that by the beginning of 2013 - another 4% will raise. So we will be paying 13% more in just one and a half years.
It is unpopular overall, now the smoke has cleared and middle class will get taxed higher for it - support will dive like crazy.
Romney may have just won the election.

It really does depend on how Americans see the bill. If there are more people who are in some way adversely affected, and want it gone, Romney will get their votes. Those who are lazy bastards who want other people to pick up their tab will vote for Obama... but they always do.

The real question is those who hold no allegiance to either party. How will they see it and how will it impact their vote... and, despite what the hacks on either side say... none of us knows that right now.

On the bright side... it appears the ruling had a somewhat negative impact on the market today... so that tells us something.

"Vote Repeal, Vote Romney"

It really does depend on how Americans see the bill. If there are more people who are in some way adversely affected, and want it gone, Romney will get their votes. Those who are lazy bastards who want other people to pick up their tab will vote for Obama... but they always do.

The real question is those who hold no allegiance to either party. How will they see it and how will it impact their vote... and, despite what the hacks on either side say... none of us knows that right now.

On the bright side... it appears the ruling had a somewhat negative impact on the market today... so that tells us something.

I noted that...doesn't bode well at all.

It likely means he will lose.

Had Obamacare been ruled unconstitutional, I would have voted third party.

Now the election is a clear choice between obamacare and no obamacare.

I can no longer in good conscience vote for anything but 'no obamacare'...that means Romney.

I hate to admit it but this is something I’m considering. I really don’t want a depression dragging on because Obama stays in office.

I really hope Mitt puts a strong cabinet together and includes someone like Rand or Ron Paul in a meaningful position, that could very well buy my vote.

This is Obama's worst nightmare. His signature accomplishment in 3.5 years has been ruled a tax. It was a bad piece of legislation to start with and now the spotlight will be on how much this thing will cost when fully implemented. Those dancing with glee either don't understand health policy or believe that we do not.

I would prefer a public option, but a mandate is ok too.

The Swiss have had one for 20 years and it works fine.

The question is always who will pay for it.

Comparing health care in this country with HC in other countries is like comparing education. It does not work.

Only because we have a Republican Party and no one else does.

Unemployment down
Gas Prices down
Obamacare, law of the land
BinLaden dead

Not much Romney has left

Obama will gain big time. The GOP thugs have been throwing a pissy fit over the healthcare plan for years, it was the #1 thing they were going after and it blew up in their faces, giving a crushing defeat for the R's.

You are very short sighted, this gives a reason to show up and vote.

I noted that...doesn't bode well at all.

Did it drop today?
http://reason.com/blog/2012/06/28/obamacare-decision-dow-falls-sharply-aft
ObamaCare Decision: Dow Falls Sharply After SCOTUS Ruling, Romney Speaks, Pelosi: “Victory for the American people”

Last edited:

I can no longer in good conscience vote for anything but 'no obamacare'...that means Romney.

I hate to admit it but this is something I’m considering. I really don’t want a depression dragging on because Obama stays in office.

I really hope Mitt puts a strong cabinet together and includes someone like Rand or Ron Paul in a meaningful position, that could very well buy my vote.

What kind of fantasy world are you living in???

GDP has been growing for 3 years.

Auto sales are up, retail sales are up, home sales are up, and unemployment is down.

Home inventories are almost back to normal which means housing will soon pick up.

What kind of fantasy world are you living in???

GDP has been growing for 3 years.

Auto sales are up, retail sales are up, home sales are up, and unemployment is down.

Home inventories are almost back to normal which means housing will soon pick up.
Chris look forward to the thread that you will start about how well the dow is doing .:badgrin:

Itd been more likely had the court decided the otherway because he could have said "well I tried but..." and then Republican's couldn't really run against it anymore. Now there are sound bytes of Obama saying it's not a tax when it really is. It's not popular with the country and especially in Swing States. I think it makes it even less likely Obama gets elected now. Either way it was a loss for him because people don't want it.

Ahh...a voice in the wilderness...
You said it well. If it was defeated - so would the discussion about it by November. What the loons don't see here is that the latest number had just 39% of those polled were in favor of Obamacare as is...and only, I think it was 17%, in favor of mandates (well...let's call it what it is...tax)
Another number Americans will be familiar with is that on average insurance premiums have went up 9% since Obamacare passed. Much more than previous years...and it is estimated that by the beginning of 2013 - another 4% will raise. So we will be paying 13% more in just one and a half years.
It is unpopular overall, now the smoke has cleared and middle class will get taxed higher for it - support will dive like crazy.
Romney may have just won the election.

That's something I think you might want to provide evidence for.

And the phrase is "have gone up".

Last edited:

HAHA ... right. The one guy who's actually done more to force people to buy health insurance than Obama.

We've been had folks. Unless people wake up and ... well nevermind that. Sheep to the slaughter.

What does the High Court rulng on the Health Care law mean to Obama's re-election plans? A 5-4 loss would have sunk him, but will this help him in November?

I actually thought that a ruling against him would sink Obama but I am so shocked that the ruling was to uphold this law in a sidestep, that I am ready to work on Romney's behalf even though he was not my choice for a candidate.

I wonder if there are others in the population that feel the way I do. My bet is that I am not alone.

This is Obama's worst nightmare. His signature accomplishment in 3.5 years has been ruled a tax. It was a bad piece of legislation to start with and now the spotlight will be on how much this thing will cost when fully implemented. Those dancing with glee either don't understand health policy or believe that we do not.

I would prefer a public option, but a mandate is ok too.

The Swiss have had one for 20 years and it works fine.

In Switzerland, every Individual pays their own insurance. There is no employer contributions. There is no medicare. This way people actually realize the costs of healthcare. The very poor are subsidized and still must pay at least 10 percent of costs. There is also more competition between insurance companies than we have in the US. The Ryan-Rivlin bill is closer to the Swiss model than Obama care is.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back