What does "banned" mean?

MaggieMae

Reality bits
Apr 3, 2009
If the member is banned, how come s/he can still post? Kinda defeats the purpose, no?

In "I ain't no birther" thread:
#21 (permalink) Today, 04:29 PM
PubliusInfinitum
Banned
Member #11706

He wasn't "banned" earlier today because his book-length signature still appeared. And that reminds me: Wasn't there a new ruling that signatures should only be six lines maximum?

If the member is banned, how come s/he can still post? Kinda defeats the purpose, no?

PubliusInfinitum
Banned
Member #11706

He wasn't "banned" earlier today because his book-length signature still appeared. And that reminds me: Wasn't there a new ruling that signatures should only be six lines maximum?

You can't post if you're banned. See what KK said.

(I don't know about the sig line ruling.)

I think he was banned about a half hour ago or so for putting out a "reward" asking someone to give him Ravi's real name and address. I take it a threat on a poster is one of those big no no's.

How long he's been banned for, I don't have a clue.

Immie

I think he was banned about a half hour ago or so for putting out a "reward" asking someone to give him Ravi's real name and address. I take it a threat on a poster is one of those big no no's.

Immie
I've defended P.I. before but he crossed the line there. I hope he isn't allowed to come back.

Signatures are limited to 10 lines and it's only enforced when its being blatantly abused.

PubliusInfinitum
Banned
Member #11706

It means your playground rights have been revoked, and Gunny took your ball when he went home.

Last edited by a moderator:

Immie

yes...threats against posters lives, livelihood, homes etc are unaccecptable....and please don't think i'm preaching immie...just an observation....

That's taking it too far, no doubt about it. Best not to have someone potentially dangerous on the forum.

That's taking it too far, no doubt about it. Best not to have someone potentially dangerous on the forum.

If you've enough of his rhetoric, I think it goes far beyond potentially. However, the mods have swiftly and justly dealt with the situation. Now it's just waiting to see if he puts an Agna.

Well, he did brag that he had been on political message boards for the past 15 years, and had been banned from all of them.

I guess this one just added another notch in his ass.

Well, he did brag that he had been on political message boards for the past 15 years, and had been banned from all of them.

I guess this one just added another notch in his ass.

I was surprised he lasted this long. And to think it took three neg reps to drive him over the edge. :eusa_eh:

If a threat is done in a PM, does that count as a rule violation?

Just curious.

interesting you should ask that.....

i believe the answer is going to be yes.....i am not going to preach to you about why, it is just my opinion that this may be the case.....no intention of trying to be a preacher

Immie

yes...threats against posters lives, livelihood, homes etc are unaccecptable....and please don't think i'm preaching immie...just an observation....

Not at all and they should not be tolerated.

P.I.'s thread was an implied threat and should have been dealt with.

Although, I thought that maybe Ravi should send her name and address via pm and demand payment right away, but I can understand how that could get messy.

Having battled with Ravi, PI might just be lucky she didn't do that. :)

Immie

(just kidding as Ravi and I get along well)

Forum List

Back