What does a Woman want in a Man?

Go down to the bookstore and buy a dozen romance books, including the newest hot one, Fifty Shades of Gray that get some serious physical romance going.

What women want is to be kidnapped by pirates, tied up in the Captain's quarters and brutally raped repeatedly. Or, held for ransom in the Shiek's tent where she becomes the favorite of the harem and is forced to give blow jobs every night.

Not that women really want to be treated like that. They want to at least think that the man is capable of treating them like that and his lionheart beats just below the surface.

I wanted a man that didn't cry, wear tinted contact lenses, have soft hands, and if I did beat the crap out of him, he paid well for it.
Unfortunately those guys are either all in prison or learned not to lay their nuts on a chopping block. There are balanced women out there.

Go down to the bookstore and buy a dozen romance books, including the newest hot one, Fifty Shades of Gray that get some serious physical romance going.

What women want is to be kidnapped by pirates, tied up in the Captain's quarters and brutally raped repeatedly. Or, held for ransom in the Shiek's tent where she becomes the favorite of the harem and is forced to give blow jobs every night.

Not that women really want to be treated like that. They want to at least think that the man is capable of treating them like that and his lionheart beats just below the surface.

I wanted a man that didn't cry, wear tinted contact lenses, have soft hands, and if I did beat the crap out of him, he paid well for it.
Unfortunately those guys are either all in prison or learned not to lay their nuts on a chopping block. There are balanced women out there.
I have to agree. Over the top take charge kinda guys in my experience always turn put to be control freaks and abusive besides. There is a happy medium. It's not weak wristed liberal pony tailed girly men who avoid meat and worry about their carbon footprint, however. That's waasay too far the other way.

I have to agree. Over the top take charge kinda guys in my experience always turn put to be control freaks and abusive besides. There is a happy medium. It's not weak wristed liberal pony tailed girly men who avoid meat and worry about their carbon footprint, however. That's waasay too far the other way.
You mean the burr haircut tough SOB like the conservatives?

Human sexuality is complex but I believe it reveals who you really are. It's hard to be sensual if you are nerdy or hard to act nerdy if you are the sensual type. The domineering stuff comes out, submissive, etc. It makes me wonder about all the fetish freaks, some people do some weird shit.

I'm the kind of guy who'd be very, very gentle with my lady, and love her through good times and bad.

My mother is primarily responsible for who I am, and how I treat people in real life. The rare complaint I get from coworkers is that I'm too nice and need to have more of a back-bone, as in being far more assertive, and be mean at times. I've never had to be mean irl, except for redressing blatant trespasses in conversation and work. It's only been the young ladies I work with who say I'm too nice, and two of those three proceeded to ask me if I'm single, or hint around it. Normally I'm very nice, kind, patient, and polite, but I do have bad days, and at times just feel really down. Diet plays a quintessential role, especially with my health issue.

One of the things I really want to do when I ask Her out is just go out and do fun things. Got a list here:

Ice-skating
Walk through a state park in the beauty of Fall
Make a homemade meal for Her, replete with desserts
Go to a few cities and sight-see and do stuff with Her
Out of the blue, ask her to dance, and show her some moves :D
Go-carting!
Make some pottery
Take trolley and try some cool restaurants or eateries
Insert fun things to do with your girlfriend here _____

I'm not the kind of guy who just wants to laze about, and not really do anything fun with Her. No. No way. Try to understand what she likes, and just... well, don't be afraid to take the lead and say 'hey, let's go out and do this together!' :) Gonna sweep her off her feet.

Hey, please don't try to laugh. :lol:

We're talking personality. How exactly should a man be and behave around a woman?

What exactly is a woman looking for when she's looking for a potential mate, when it comes to personality? I want to be a gentleman, but I don't think that's enough.

You are women, and I make no attempt to assume what it is you have and do search for in men.

In my personal and work life, I am gentle, kind, respectful, hard-working, funny, and mature. Also, bashful, shy, tends to over-think, and can be anxious at times.

What is it personality-wise that attracts you to a man?

What was it about him that made him worthy of your time?

I want to be more confident and manly, but remain gentle, kind, and tender with my patients and potential mate. Would a woman prefer a man who is warm, not shy when it comes to focusing on and talking with her, and is truly loving of people? More than some of these traits I have possessed for quite some time [everyone evolves and matures over time], but I feel I suffer on some of them when ground down, tired, and stressed. I want to know better how exactly I should model myself when it comes to being a man worthy of a woman's time and attention, and possible love.

Could you share with me what you honestly look for in a man, or what in his personality attracted you to date and marry him? I want to fall in love with a loving young lady, treat her with love and attention and respect, and truly bond with her at a deep, emotional level. I am not the kind of man who wants to be with a woman just for sex. No, I want a loving best friend to keep dating and going on adventures with, even after we say our vows. I don't want to just be in love with Her, but be in a strong and lasting relationship with her. Life just feels empty without a loved one to spend time with.

You've undoubtedly been in relationships before me, and I put far more stock in what a woman thinks, than what some men think, who more often than not are more interested in lust, than emotional love. Words of advice here could definitely affect my future. Please help this young guy out, yeah?
icon_smile.gif

MeBelle
skye
Gracie
Bonzi
BlueGin
Wolfsister77
AquaAthena
AngelsNDemons
candycorn
boedicca
ChrisL
emilynghiem
Jeremiah
Againsheila
AyeCantSeeYou
koshergrl
BlackSand
Coyote
Foxfyre
Sarah G
Why worry about it?

I don't consider what women want in a man as any kind of guide to anything.

I will just be Myself, first and always. The women who find that attractive usually have no problem expressing that, and those that don't, are just people you interact with on a non-personal basis. Kind of like the men I meet and work with.

Just be yourself and it all shakes out in the end.

There is nothing more tedious than a man who trots out all the cliches. Sorry, wake...romance happens on its own...you can't plan it. When you find a girl just do what you enjoy.

I think she's been reading too many romance novels. ;)

I will just be Myself, first and always. The women who find that attractive usually have no problem expressing that, and those that don't, are just people you interact with on a non-personal basis. Kind of like the men I meet and work with.

I've never dated before, and even though I'm somewhere between agnosticism and atheism, I still cling to traditional morals like waiting with sex until marriage. The plan for some time was to wait with dating and marriage until after becoming truly financially secure, but, considering the lady I've worked with for awhile who's been so kind and funny with me, I really don't want to lose yet another opportunity at happiness.

For the longest time I've basically been a shy and quiet large brute whose livelihood is caring for people who need it. When I care for a patient, a part of me opens up—a very gentle and tender side—and I slowly realized that the female CNAs and nurses I work with have observed this as well. I'd like to think I'm fairly self-aware, but some things come slower to me than other things, and I suspect that they notice how gentle I am with people, and so they think, maybe, that I would be very gentle with them, too, which I would. I'm a gentle giant, but am damned shy.

Just nervous and shy. I blush easy. I'm 6'4", and I get talkative and ADHD-rambly when talking through things that make me nervous, even when it's a good thing, like talking about a lady who likes me and asks me to eat lunch with her at work routinely. Since working at this hospital for about eight months, I went from 330lbs down to 281lbs, and it does feel like women I work with are even nicer to me now, but I don't know whether or not that's based on just my looks, or not. Just yesterday, yet again, I was eating my lunch in the hospital cafeteria and five female coworkers pulled up chairs and were eating lunch with me and just talking. I'm not used to it, and even though I put on a calm and cool front, I do feel, at least inwardly, very shy, but I don't let it poke through.

The last thing I want to do is pretend to be someone I'm not just to attract a nice lady and eventually have a relationship with her. Though... and I hope this doesn't sound hypocritical... I am interested in knowing more how I should behave around young ladies. Basically, I don't want to be a dumbass around her or be too goofy or whatever, or be too bashful, you name it.

There is nothing more tedious than a man who trots out all the cliches. Sorry, wake...romance happens on its own...you can't plan it. When you find a girl just do what you enjoy.

Just a bit nervous, in that, based on how she is to me, it could lead to marriage in the distant future. And when I say 'a bit nervous,' I really mean FREAKING NERVOUS. :lol: I hate that I blush so damned quickly and clam up. I do need to be myself while trying to avoid doing or saying something stupid, like blushing, and I do want to go out and do fun things with her. :D

The gym is actually a decent place to find dates. Have a personal trainer direct you to people you can work out with. A lot of stress is removed when you're working on a common goal together. Book/reading clubs that actually meet are good, too. Hiking clubs though they tend to attract older ppl. Look into local hobby groups. You can put yourself out there without having to be a fantastic conversationalist. Do you have a relative who can practice basic skill sets with you??? I've found that practicing things like shaking hands, introducing yourself, small talk, ordering food when with somebody else is super helpful. Memorize conversational patter. It really does help.

My youngest who is ten alternates between tongue tied and really fast incomprehensible chatter when he's nervous. We work on that....for him it's just slow down, take your time.

I've never dated before, and even though I'm somewhere between agnosticism and atheism, I still cling to traditional morals like waiting with sex until marriage. The plan for some time was to wait with dating and marriage until after becoming truly financially secure, but, considering the lady I've worked with for awhile who's been so kind and funny with me, I really don't want to lose yet another opportunity at happiness.

For the longest time I've basically been a shy and quiet large brute whose livelihood is caring for people who need it. When I care for a patient, a part of me opens up—a very gentle and tender side—and I slowly realized that the female CNAs and nurses I work with have observed this as well. I'd like to think I'm fairly self-aware, but some things come slower to me than other things, and I suspect that they notice how gentle I am with people, and so they think, maybe, that I would be very gentle with them, too, which I would. I'm a gentle giant, but am damned shy.

Just nervous and shy. I blush easy. I'm 6'4", and I get talkative and ADHD-rambly when talking through things that make me nervous, even when it's a good thing, like talking about a lady who likes me and asks me to eat lunch with her at work routinely. Since working at this hospital for about eight months, I went from 330lbs down to 281lbs, and it does feel like women I work with are even nicer to me now, but I don't know whether or not that's based on just my looks, or not. Just yesterday, yet again, I was eating my lunch in the hospital cafeteria and five female coworkers pulled up chairs and were eating lunch with me and just talking. I'm not used to it, and even though I put on a calm and cool front, I do feel, at least inwardly, very shy, but I don't let it poke through.

The last thing I want to do is pretend to be someone I'm not just to attract a nice lady and eventually have a relationship with her. Though... and I hope this doesn't sound hypocritical... I am interested in knowing more how I should behave around young ladies. Basically, I don't want to be a dumbass around her or be too goofy or whatever, or be too bashful, you name it.

Just a bit nervous, in that, based on how she is to me, it could lead to marriage in the distant future. And when I say 'a bit nervous,' I really mean FREAKING NERVOUS. :lol: I hate that I blush so damned quickly and clam up. I do need to be myself while trying to avoid doing or saying something stupid, like blushing, and I do want to go out and do fun things with her. :D

Aww, that's so cute! :smiliehug: Don't worry so much. If she is into you, then it will be fine. :)

Forum List

Back