What do your avies mean?

I hate SA's avie. HATE it. And I HATE his user name as well.

So...the question I posed comes back and smacks me in the face. Yes, it IS possible to connect the avie to the poster...in a good way...or a bad way. In this case..a bad way. Which is extremely unfair of me but honesty is the best policy and I am being honest.

I decided to change mine from the $. Most of the women here have pretty lady avi's, but that's not my style, at least not now. Maybe 30 years ago. Anyway, I was browsing through Photobucket and I saw this one and was immediately pulled in. I could live in that avi.

I decided to change mine from the $. Most of the women here have pretty lady avi's, but that's not my style, at least not now. Maybe 30 years ago. Anyway, I was browsing through Photobucket and I saw this one and was immediately pulled in. I could live in that avi.

I'm about due to change mine again. Kinda tired of the fantasy/lady/surreal stuff. I am not an elf, nor a pretty lady in a green dress, or an indian maiden on a horse. I am a soon to be 62 year old woman who loves her garden and is a hermit. So...maybe a garden pic.

I dunno. Gotta go look for one that grabs my fancy.

Mine has to do with two things.

When I first got onto a message noard there was discussion of a fight between Israel and Lebanon and people were saying we should nuke this and nuke that.

It also has to do with a series of concerts i was associated with in New York City in the 70s.

I'm about due to change mine again. Kinda tired of the fantasy/lady/surreal stuff. I am not an elf, nor a pretty lady in a green dress, or an indian maiden on a horse. I am a soon to be 62 year old woman who loves her garden and is a hermit. So...maybe a garden pic.

Exactly. Choose the one that speaks to you!

My standard one is a painting called "O Fado" (the Fado) done by José Malhoa in 1910.

Jose_malhoa_fado.jpg

Fado is a traditional music style of Portugal, very plaintive, and a major melodic root of Brazilian music. I first encountered this image in sepia on the CD cover of a compilation of Fado music from the 1920s-'30s, fell in love with it immediately and scanned it; more recently I found the full colour version as above. Music is and always has been vital in my life.

Now and again I switch around if something catches my fancy. The present one is captioned "The American National Game of Base Ball Grand Match at Elysian Fields (Hoboken New Jersey)" depicting a(n imaginary) match between the Atlantics and the Excelsiors, circa 1860. I came across it while reading ancient history of baseball and its fields. Note the archaic spelling of "base ball" as two words.

It can be viewed here in bigger size and detail but is not linkable.

Last edited:

Exactly. Choose the one that speaks to you!

I dumped all my girly avies and now have a folder stuffed and ready...all animals. :smiliehug:

New Topics

Forum List

Back