What do you want?

The ClayTaurus said:
I want whatever it takes to stop wanting. I win :)

Interesting.

So the question has to be.....using the example of anything is game....

Can you ever have something that will make you stop wanting?

GotZoom said:
Interesting.

So the question has to be.....using the example of anything is game....

Can you ever have something that will make you stop wanting?
'Tis a quandry, no?

I wonder if, once you stopped wanting, you would want to want again, and if that would then count as wanting. Would you limbo back and forth in this constant state of wanting to not-wanting-but-wanting-to-want? Head pop, anyone?

The ClayTaurus said:
'Tis a quandry, no?

I wonder if, once you stopped wanting, you would want to want again, and if that would then count as wanting. Would you limbo back and forth in this constant state of wanting to not-wanting-but-wanting-to-want? Head pop, anyone?

People usually want what they don't have. So when they get what they want, they probably start wanting something else. Usually better? But when they get what they want, then want something else and move on to wanting that, and not wanting what they already have, what are the chances of, once they get the new thing they want, they find out they never really wanted the first thing they wanted and got?

Now they want something entirely different than what they wanted in the first place. Then they get that want. Now there are two other wants they have, but could chance to something more on the want list because they could want more of the first thing they wanted.

Could be the need to want vice the need to have.

GotZoom said:
People usually want what they don't have. So when they get what they want, they probably start wanting something else. Usually better? But when they get what they want, then want something else and move on to wanting that, and not wanting what they already have, what are the chances of, once they get the new thing they want, they find out they never really wanted the first thing they wanted and got?

Now they want something entirely different than what they wanted in the first place. Then they get that want. Now there are two other wants they have, but could chance to something more on the want list because they could want more of the first thing they wanted.

Could be the need to want vice the need to have.
Say you got everything you could ever possibly want, including things you only want becuase you have what you want, then apply my last post.

If there is nothing left to want, would you want to be able to want? And does that mean you will never truly stop wanting? Could be Catch22; a cyclical ending to an arduous uphill journey.

The ClayTaurus said:
Say you got everything you could ever possibly want, including things you only want becuase you have what you want, then apply my last post.

If there is nothing left to want, would you want to be able to want? And does that mean you will never truly stop wanting? Could be Catch22; a cyclical ending to an arduous uphill journey.

Materialistically, you would never have everything you wanted because there would be better and bigger things to want next.

GotZoom said:
Materialistically, you would never have everything you wanted because there would be better and bigger things to want next.
You're thinking about this too realistically. Suppose, hypothetically, there was no better or bigger thing to want next. Suppose you reached the end of that line. Now back to my last post.

The ClayTaurus said:
You're thinking about this too realistically. Suppose, hypothetically, there was no better or bigger thing to want next. Suppose you reached the end of that line. Now back to my last post.

Kind of like the end of the Internet?

Let's use love as an example.

There is this woman. I love her passionately. Insanely in love with her.

I want her. Even though I have her, I still want her. I want more of her...and even when I think I can't get any more, I still want more. In fact, I can't get enough of her. The time I have with her is no where near enough. I want more.

More touching, more time, more everything..with her.

How does that fit with your last post?

GotZoom said:

I want her. Even though I have her, I still want her. I want more of her...and even when I think I can't get any more, I still want more. In fact, I can't get enough of her. The time I have with her is no where near enough. I want more.

I do believe I hath been smoted. Well played, sir.

Well, perhaps not. Perhaps you have a threshold of how much of all that you want. I'm simply saying that, eliminate any possible thing you could ever want, would you revert to wanting just to want again?

The ClayTaurus said:
'Tis a quandry, no?

You had to ruin this thread with philosophy. :puke: :laugh:

GotZoom said:

If i were to write a song about what you are talking about, it'd go...something like this...

I've heard people say that
Too much of anything is not good for you, baby
Oh no
But I don't know about that
There's many times that we've loved
We've shared love and made love
It doesn't seem to me like it's enough
There's just not enough of it
There's just not enough
Oh oh, babe

[sung]
My darling, I can't get enough of your love babe
Girl, I don't know, I don't know why
Can't get enough of your love babe
Oh, some things I can't get used to
No matter how I try
Just like the more you give, the more I want
And baby, that's no lie
Oh no, babe

Tell me, what can I say?
What am I gonna do?
How should I feel when everything is you?
What kind of love is this that you're givin' me?
Is it in your kiss or just because you're sweet?

Girl, all I know is every time you're here
I feel the change
Somethin' moves
I scream your name
Do whatcha got to do (?)

Darling, I can't get enough of your love babe
Girl, I don't know, I don't know, I don't know why
I can't get enough of your love babe
Oh no, babe

Girl, if I could only make you see
And make you understand
Girl, your love for me is all I need
And more than I can stand
Oh well, babe

How can I explain all the things I feel?
You've given me so much
Girl, you're so unreal
Still I keep loving you
More and more each time
Girl, what am I gonna do
Because you blow my mind

I get the same old feelin' every time you're here
I feel the change
Somethin' moves
I scream your name
Do whatcha got to do (?)

Darling, I can't get enough of your love babe
Oh no, babe

[spoken]
Baby, let me take all of my life to find you
But you can believe it's gonna take
the rest of my life to keep you

[sung]
Oh no, babe
My darling, I can't get enough of your love babe
Yeah, I don't know, I don't know, I don't know why
Can't get enough of your love babe
Oh my darling, I can't get enough of your love babe
Oh babe
I don't know, I don't know, I don't know why
I can't get enough of your love babe
Oh babe

GotZoom said:

:clap:

Forum List

Back