What do you want...

I was a confused boy growing up. For the longest time I thought my name was Damnit Don. Seems like that's all I ever heard. "Damnit Don, go to sleep." "Damnit Don, eat those peas." "Damnit Don, shut up." Then it stopped sort of suddenly until I started to date girls in high school. Then I used to hear "Damnit Don, get your hands off my tits." "Damnit Don, I wouldn't be caught dead on a date with you." "Damnit Don, quit calling me." I wonder who told those girls what my Dad used to call me? I never could figure that out.

Must've been a thing for several generations. My great-uncle said he thought his name was "Billy Dammit" for the longest time ...

Maybe. I came from a small town and you know there aren't many secrets in a small town.

Maybe. I came from a small town and you know there aren't many secrets in a small town.

Uh huh.

I grew up in a town so small ... every time a baby was born, somebody left town. :eusa_whistle:

I grew up in a town so small that there weren't very many secrets. For example, the girls all use to talk about my car. On Friday nights, I'd take some girl to the drive-in movies and we'd watch the movies and whatever. Well, on Monday mornings at school, you'd hear all the girls talking saying things like "I told you it was a nice one..." Why in the world do girls care so much about what kind of a car a guy drives? Could never figure that out. Anyway, seems like all the girls wanted to go to the drive-in with me on Friday nights. I never had a problem getting a date as long as I had that car.

BTW, yes I know a little about horses, I used to ride when I was much younger, got started in my early teens, western.

We had ponies when I was little, got a horse when I was 16. Rode western-ish, but mostly bare-back. Well, the horse was bare-back, not me. Let me clarify that before your mind leaps into the gutter. :D

And on that note, I'll say good night, my friend(s). :)

• Thanks
Reactions: 007

Uh huh.

I grew up in a town so small ... every time a baby was born, somebody left town. :eusa_whistle:

I grew up in a town so small that there weren't very many secrets. For example, the girls all use to talk about my car. On Friday nights, I'd take some girl to the drive-in movies and we'd watch the movies and whatever. Well, on Monday mornings at school, you'd hear all the girls talking saying things like "I told you it was a nice one..." Why in the world do girls care so much about what kind of a car a guy drives? Could never figure that out. Anyway, seems like all the girls wanted to go to the drive-in with me on Friday nights. I never had a problem getting a date as long as I had that car.

They must have had really good popcorn or something. :lol:

I had a horse. Didn't have any use for boys unless they knew something about horses.

My father is not a stupid man. :lol:

What is it with chicks and horses? I knew a girl that grew into an old maid over horses. She had a horse, she didn't want a man. What's up with that?

Forum List

Back