What do you want...

Springfield%20Loaded%201911.jpg

Just can't get my hands on one. I've had a standing order with every wholesaler I can find for 8 months now. They are all-but-impossible to come by.

Looks like a Colt .45 cal 1911. You can't find one of those? My neighbor has one in stainless, and I'd never seen one of those before.

Its a Springfield Loaded. They can't make them fast enough to keep up with demand, so as soon as the wholesalers have them, standing orders eat them all up within a matter of seconds (literally). I have had an order for 100 of them for over 8 months now. I've seen 2, which were eaten up by our standing orders (37 now) as well.

But the next one we get is mine, Mine, MINE!!!!

Older Colts are awesome as well. I'm not a fan of their newer stuff, but if I could only keep one of my handguns, there would be no debate:

A 1974 Colt Combat Commander. All-in-all, the finest handgun I own (and I own several that are worth far more money, but the Commander is, IMO, the perfect handgun).

Still, I REALLY want that Springfield. They are truly awesome guns. IMO, the best being made today, by far.

I've been looking at some smaller pistols. This one caught my eye. Taurus TCP.

738SS_1.jpg

Here's my last acquisition. Polish P64, looks almost identical to a Walther PPK yet fires the 9x18 Makarov round. I switched the stock 24# main spring out for a 19# because the stock DA trigger pull is atrocious. Great pocket gun and it cost about $140 with shipping and the transfer fee.

PolishP64.jpg

Well that Taurus is 10.2-ounce, and fires a .380. One of the lightest with a little power I remember seeing. And I do want something for concealed carry. My revolvers just don't make it.
I haven't priced it yet.....

Well that Taurus is 10.2-ounce, and fires a .380. One of the lightest with a little power I remember seeing. And I do want something for concealed carry. My revolvers just don't make it.

It's a little heavy (relatively speaking) because it's all metal but the 9 mak (short 9mm) round is a heavier round so the extra weight comes in handy with recoil. I Have to check but I think I'm using a Kel-Tec stock belt slide holster which fits the P64 and a generic IWB holster for warmer weather carry. Normally during the winter I carry my CZ82 on a belt slide. It also chambers the short 9 round but is a bigger sidearm.

cz-82_c.jpg

It's a little heavy (relatively speaking) because it's all metal but the 9 mak (short 9mm) round is a heavier round so the extra weight comes in handy with recoil. I Have to check but I think I'm using a Kel-Tec stock belt slide holster which fits the P64 and a generic IWB holster for warmer weather carry. Normally during the winter I carry my CZ82 on a belt slide. It also chambers the short 9 round but is a bigger sidearm.

cz-82_c.jpg

nice

cz-82_c.jpg

nice

That's around $350 w/shipping and transfer, the slide holster is $45 and made specifically for it but it comes from Europe so the shippings around $20. I was looking at Taurus semis not long ago and all the reviews were mixed. Taurus makes a great wheel gun but doesn't seem to be that good at semi autos. Honestly if you have the money you can't beat a real Walther for durability and reliability plus they can still be found used for under $600. If you don't have the money, like I didn't at the time, the P64 is a proven reliable and durable alternative and switching out the main spring is a snap. Woolf Springs has them for $8 for one or $10 for a pack of three which include a 18, 19 and 20# spring.

What would I like for Christmas??????

My back scratched real well.
A big slice of pumpkin pie.
Really nice Christmas dinner
and
the winning Powerball ticket.

Everybody makes me happy. Some when I see them. Some when I see them leave.

My dad likes to say "It's been nothing if not nice and it certainly hasn't been nothing."

I was a confused boy growing up. For the longest time I thought my name was Damnit Don. Seems like that's all I ever heard. "Damnit Don, go to sleep." "Damnit Don, eat those peas." "Damnit Don, shut up." Then it stopped sort of suddenly until I started to date girls in high school. Then I used to hear "Damnit Don, get your hands off my tits." "Damnit Don, I wouldn't be caught dead on a date with you." "Damnit Don, quit calling me." I wonder who told those girls what my Dad used to call me? I never could figure that out.

I was a confused boy growing up. For the longest time I thought my name was Damnit Don. Seems like that's all I ever heard. "Damnit Don, go to sleep." "Damnit Don, eat those peas." "Damnit Don, shut up." Then it stopped sort of suddenly until I started to date girls in high school. Then I used to hear "Damnit Don, get your hands off my tits." "Damnit Don, I wouldn't be caught dead on a date with you." "Damnit Don, quit calling me." I wonder who told those girls what my Dad used to call me? I never could figure that out.

Must've been a thing for several generations. My great-uncle said he thought his name was "Billy Dammit" for the longest time ...

Forum List

Back