What do you want to do?

Feb 15, 2004
I was reading through Dan's poll on this rather snowy day here in Massachusettes - a few days before spring - oh well.
I read somewhere that someone likes the guitar and it reminded me that is something I have always wanted to learn. I do have one - not a good one of course - I just need a teacher...so here is my list of what I plan to do in this lifetime:

Learn to play guitar (bad) - I have this obsurd fantasy of playing in a bad a** band for one night - decked in black - sabbath style - Ozzie lives (the physco in me is writing now)

Sky dive - over the grand canyon preferred but does not have to be there - I have a tremendous fear of heights.

Drive across the United States on a Harley. First start off driving across the North - west than drive down the Pac. c. highway and
turn back driving South east. My a** would be raw - but a story to tell. - and document it as well.

Have a story published. I have several stories in my head that need to be written. Not for the weak to read though.

Pay tribute to the Arizona

See a relative in Austrailia and what is the deal with the Koalas?

I'd like to visit every continent.

I'd like to be wealthy enough to go into eating establishments, and pay for every's bill.

I'd like to learn to play the piano.

I'd like to figure out just what my wife is thinking.

I'd like see my daughter and son grow into adulthood as a woman and man of God.

What would I like to do...

1. Play a full length concert in front of a cheering crowd.

2. Have a child.

3. Get elected to office - state representative, Congressman, etc.

4. Start a successful blog about WA state politics.

Not necessarily in that order.

1- Attend a SB that the Steelers are in

2- See my son grow up, get married and have kids of his own

3- Get laid as many times as humanly possible

1. Get into shape

2. Write and direct an indie movie (preferrably a successful one).

3. Publish a book.

4. Inspire or touch people with something I've written (I think I may have done this already, but I'd like to do it again).

Originally posted by Dan
1. Get into shape

2. Write and direct an indie movie (preferrably a successful one).

3. Publish a book.

4. Inspire or touch people with something I've written (I think I may have done this already, but I'd like to do it again).

The book part yes. I wrote something somewhere that has so far recieved good reviews - so I am inspired to complete it. What sort of writing have you done that inspired??

Originally posted by jimnyc
1- Attend a SB that the Steelers are in

2- See my son grow up, get married and have kids of his own

3- Get laid as many times as humanly possible

Your last dream is not a hard (no pun) dream to achieve at all. You live in Pits? I am sure within the confines of Pits you can find some willing females (flash a quater if you have to) to ensure this dream comes true?

I too would love to attend a superbowl - however - how many of them are going to be as great as this past one? Most are over before they start and thus provide no entertainment! Sorry.

What sort of writing have you done that inspired??

What're you trying to say, man!?;)

I dunno that it inspired anybody, but I used to do this column on some website and one week I was feeling particularly open column about one of the lower points of my life and I had a couple people tell me that they really identified with it and it made them feel better to see that they weren't alone. And one girl said it made her cry, which I seriously felt bad about.

Also, that story Jennifer's Body, I've gotten... 3 emails, I think, from girls saying how they cried at the end. And my roommate's girlfriend got all upset over it too. I felt bad about that too, I don't wanna make people upset with some silly story! That's also made me unsure about whether I should change it too much, because I don't really like it that much, but it seems like a lot of people do. I guess the more artistic thing to do would be to make it what I want it to be, rather than what the reader wants, but I dunno.

I don't think either of these writings are all that great, to be honest, and I'm guessing from the surprised tone of your post you didn't either? I'm not upset, just wondering, I prefer negative criticism to positive any day.

Originally posted by Dan
What're you trying to say, man!?;)

I dunno that it inspired anybody, but I used to do this column on some website and one week I was feeling particularly open column about one of the lower points of my life and I had a couple people tell me that they really identified with it and it made them feel better to see that they weren't alone. And one girl said it made her cry, which I seriously felt bad about.

Also, that story Jennifer's Body, I've gotten... 3 emails, I think, from girls saying how they cried at the end. And my roommate's girlfriend got all upset over it too. I felt bad about that too, I don't wanna make people upset with some silly story! That's also made me unsure about whether I should change it too much, because I don't really like it that much, but it seems like a lot of people do. I guess the more artistic thing to do would be to make it what I want it to be, rather than what the reader wants, but I dunno.

I don't think either of these writings are all that great, to be honest, and I'm guessing from the surprised tone of your post you didn't either? I'm not upset, just wondering, I prefer negative criticism to positive any day.

I have to read Jennifers body. That is the point in writing isn't it? To make a person feel something. When you read Stephen King you should feel terrified correct? Should he feel guilty because you have to keep the lights on at night and jump at the slightest sound? No way!

Now I will search and find Jennifers body.

1- invent something (actually make it, not just plan it in my head)
2- write a screenplay based on one of my favorite sci fi books
I'll steal jims 3- Get laid as many times as humanly possible
4- own a house

Forum List

Back