What do you think of this?

ihopehefails

VIP Member
Oct 3, 2009
Life, liberty, and property were the central, inalienable rights that formed the foundation of the great experiment in self government called the United States of America. The founders of our country never broke apart this sacred triumvirate, because each one of these rights is inextricably bound to the other. No one of these three can exist without the other. Moreover, when all three are secured, it is almost impossible for injustice to exist. Wherever one does find injustice, one invavariably

I found this quote on a website.

http://www.campaignforliberty.com/article.php?view=127

How can they be secured by government without violating them? Taxes are a violation of all 3 yet government must collect them to exist.

Life, liberty, and property were the central, inalienable rights that formed the foundation of the great experiment in self government called the United States of America.

And yet they considered human beings to be property. Doesn't seem so inalienable to me

Life, liberty, and property were the central, inalienable rights that formed the foundation of the great experiment in self government called the United States of America. The founders of our country never broke apart this sacred triumvirate, because each one of these rights is inextricably bound to the other. No one of these three can exist without the other. Moreover, when all three are secured, it is almost impossible for injustice to exist. Wherever one does find injustice, one invavariably

I think you'd better find a link for it, so it doesn't disappear. Edit. I fixed it for you. but please provide links to your quotes. thanks. ~elvis.

I think you'd better find a link for it, so it doesn't disappear. ~elvis.

It's from John Locke.

Campaign For Liberty

Found it by using a new tool my friend taught me about after I logged onto AOL. It's called Google or something like that.

Campaign For Liberty

What does an English philosopher have to do with
Life liberty and the pursuit of happness? In no way did the founders of this country believe that a central government was to have that much power. Aftrer all they did fight a war against his country to rid theirself of that kind of thinking.

Life and liberty have distinct and definable meanings. But property, without specific descriptions and conditions ascribed to it, remains a vague and amorphous concept. "Property" could mean nothing more than the worn clothes on someone's back or it could mean a vast fortune.

Similarly, ". . . the pursuit of happiness" could mean different things to different people. Jeffrey Dahmer, for one example.

Life, liberty, and property were the central, inalienable rights that formed the foundation of the great experiment in self government called the United States of America.

And yet they considered human beings to be property. Doesn't seem so inalienable to me

People who hate ideas that liberate human beings have to destroy the messenger. The next time I hear how "nothing to fear but fear itself" I would just point out that he put at least thousands of people in concentration camps so that negate any truth behind that statement. Now if MLK repeats that same statement then would its untruthfullness somehow be reversed? Is this correct? Of course not so it does not matter what the people did who said it but matters if what is said is true.

Last edited:
I think you'd better find a link for it, so it doesn't disappear. ~elvis.

It's from John Locke.

Campaign For Liberty

Found it by using a new tool my friend taught me about after I logged onto AOL. It's called Google or something like that.

And John Locke was long dead before our country came to be.

Every single one of his ideas can be found in western thought and politics ins some form or the other. The idea all men are created equal comes out of his writings and has a special meaning that establishes the complete freedom of every person on earth.

Forum List

Back