What Do You Think of This Hair-Brained Idea?

Adam's Apple

Apr 25, 2004
No big surprise that Mark Osterloh is a Democrat.

1 Way to Boost Voting: A Chance for $1 Million
By Randal C. Archibold, The Indianapolis Star
July 17, 2006

TUCSON, Ariz. -- To anyone who ever said, "I wouldn't vote for that bum for a million bucks," Arizona may be calling your bluff.

Winning idea? Mark Osterloh promoted the Arizona Voter Reward Act on Wednesday in Tucson. The proposal offers $1 million in every general election to one lucky resident.

A proposal to award $1 million in every general election to one lucky resident simply for voting -- no matter for whom -- has qualified for the November ballot.

for full article:
http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060717/NEWS06/607170398&SearchID=73250926814321

If it takes $1 million to get a person to vote, I don't want them voting, and I certainly don't want my tax dollars going to that person.

And we think we have voter fraud problems now! If a voter lottery were ever inaugurated, voter fraud would increase 20 fold. What a nightmare! Election commissions would have to work 24/7/365 just to try to keep fraudulent voters from casting ballots.

This idea has it's heart in the right place, but it's head is planted firmly up it's ass. This would result in a huge increase in voter fraud. I think it's incredibly sad that these are types of proposals floated to try and get people to the polls. People will vote for the fucking American idol, but not for their own president.

acludem

acludem said:
I think it's incredibly sad that these are types of proposals floated to try and get people to the polls. People will vote for the fucking American idol, but not for their own president.

Pathetic indeed. John Kerry! You... are... going home.

Forum List

Back