What do you think of the TSA?

What do you think of the TSA?

• I may have less rights through interaction, but I understand their importance

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • I think they are an evil government agency that wants to control MY life

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • No opinion

Votes: 2 16.7%

• Total voters
It's absolutely necessary.

One more 9/11 is one more to many.

Do you really think people going through you luggage and strip searching granny are going to stop another 9/11?

:rofl:

If they didn't, then we would have a guaranteed repeat of 9/11. How do you not see that?

What makes you think that anyone will ever be able to hijack an airplane again? Cockpit doors are locked and reinforced, and pilots will let anyone who actually gets control of a plane kill everyone on board before he opens the door. Additionally, know that passengers know they have no chance of actually making it out of said hijacking alive, will always fight back, just like they have in every single instance where someone tried something, and even when it just looked like someone might try something. 9/11 was a one shot wonder, and will never occur again, all the TSA does is make politicians look good by making gullible idiots think they are DOING SOMETHING!

Do you really think people going through you luggage and strip searching granny are going to stop another 9/11?

:rofl:

Yes.

Along with common sense laws. Like banning box cutters and mandating sky marshals.

The only common sense security measure that made a real difference post 9/11 was reinforcing cockpit doors so they could not be forced from the outside. That alone will prevent any attack like 9/.11 ever occurring again, everything else is theater to fool the gullible.

The hijackers themselves made sure there won't be another 9/11. The passengers will never again sit there and trust them, they will revolt and stop any hijacking attempt.

The TSA is unnecessary and they have done nothing that would have prevented 9/11.

You start with not allowing certain people to fly.

Now that expresses freedom.

You look funny....catch a cab..........

Actually, this happens already.

It's called; The no fly list.

It's run, I think by the airlines, and they are well within their rights to tell someone to piss off.

The no fly list is actually run by the government, but the airlines do pick who gets the random screenings at the gate, so don't piss off the ticket agent.

Now that expresses freedom.

You look funny....catch a cab..........

It's run, I think by the airlines, and they are well within their rights to tell someone to piss off.

The no fly list is actually run by the government, but the airlines do pick who gets the random screenings at the gate, so don't piss off the ticket agent.

Yeah, don't you feel better knowing that Cat Stevens can't get on an airplane?

Airport security was privatized before 9/11 was it not? How many of those private organizations did background checks on their employees? What I recall about airport screeners prior to 9/11 is that few of them spoke very good English and "screening" was a joke.

When dealing with matters of National Security, and since we have been shown that an airplane can be made into a devastating weapon, it is best (IMO) to have vetted government employees providing that vital service.

I worked for the TSA for a short time after retiring from the service. About half the people I worked with were prior service military. I feel better flying knowing THEY are checking my bags and not some stiff that the airline hired off craig's list.

What makes you think the government vettes anyone? I had a security clearance in the Navy, and the only background check they conducted was to make sure I had a birth certificate. The government simply does not have the resources to do more than Google can tell you to most of the people they hire, which probably explains why there are so many problems, including little things like TSA agents stealing from luggage they inspect, or leaving personal notes about sex toys.

At the time of the creation of the TSA, Democrats controlled the House, Republicans the Senate and Bush the White House. The TSA was a bipartisan creation through and through.

So when the left was hanging the cost of it on Bush, you guys were lying then.

or are you full of shit and lying now?

man, it's really hard to keep all this non-sense straight.

against the Bush refunds, then all for them
against corporate welfare, then all for them
for the war, against the war, for the war

whew, all the flip-flopping must really burn the calories.

:lol:

They never lie, they just change the facts.

I am aware. The infant posed a giant security threat. Once turning seven uncle sugar still determined him a threat.

Airport screeners find loaded gun in teddy bear

and another...

Gun Hidden in Teddy Bear at DFW Airport

I can play that game too, except I get to point out what they missed.

Man passes through TSA security with loaded gun in carry-on bag, boards plane | abc13.com

Even when they actually find the gun they still let people get them onto the plane.

Woman carried loaded gun onto plane, police say

Then we have the stunning example of a demolitions expert flying home with C-4 in his carry on. Don't worry though, they took his smoke grenade.

Soldier accused of having C4 in luggage freed | abc11.com

since 9/11 they have.

seriously, turn off the news and put on one of the learning channels. The information there is eye opening.

They have monitored terrorist activity. While important, is not the last line of defense.

It is the TSA that is the last line of defense.

You can't be this stupid. You just can't be.

the fact that you think they have done anything but be window dressing is a stunner to me.

Have you been to an airport?

B/c of the TSA, lines are HUGE, taking at least an extra hour to get through.

If the TSA had the skills you claim; Why not blow the terminal up when you get around all those people?

answer; b/c the FBI already has you in jail.

You are pretty out of touch with reality aren't you?

They have monitored terrorist activity. While important, is not the last line of defense.

It is the TSA that is the last line of defense.

You can't be this stupid. You just can't be.

the fact that you think they have done anything but be window dressing is a stunner to me.

Have you been to an airport?

B/c of the TSA, lines are HUGE, taking at least an extra hour to get through.

If the TSA had the skills you claim; Why not blow the terminal up when you get around all those people?

answer; b/c the FBI already has you in jail.

You are pretty out of touch with reality aren't you?

Please, try to defend the TSA.

When dealing with matters of National Security, and since we have been shown that an airplane can be made into a devastating weapon, it is best (IMO) to have vetted government employees providing that vital service.

"Feeling up" 80 year old grannies is a vital service?

Pull your head out of your ass idiot.

Might be...we'd have to ask the grannies.

When a controversy arises in the TSA, I blame the individuals involved, not the TSA itself. I think that is simple logic.

Simple logic could have predicted that a massive government agency is going to lead to controversy. You can't separate them, sorry.

I have a question for all of you who are defending the TSA, its existence, and its mission; how do you feel about securing the border between Mexico and the US?

Terrorists should never fly. They should be forced to walk across the boarder. Oh, but we should give them water free from the threat of arrest, sort of a "time out" area. What doesn't make sense about that?

Forum List

Back