What do you think of the TSA?

What do you think of the TSA?

• I may have less rights through interaction, but I understand their importance

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • I think they are an evil government agency that wants to control MY life

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • No opinion

Votes: 2 16.7%

• Total voters
:lmao:

I don't see it b/c they are nothing more that a Fed version of mall-cops.

I saw the training involved. The only thing different is the ability to look at an x-ray.

the Feds concentrating on prevention, BEFORE anything gets to the ports has been VASTLY more succesfull.

What the hell? Before they get there? How would that security system work exactly?

You start with not allowing certain people to fly.

Now that expresses freedom.

You look funny....catch a cab..........

You start with not allowing certain people to fly.

Actually, this happens already.

It's called; The no fly list.

It's run, I think by the airlines, and they are well within their rights to tell someone to piss off.

I am aware. The infant posed a giant security threat. Once turning seven uncle sugar still determined him a threat.

:lol:

You're making my day.

It's called the FBI and the CIA working together, investigating what's going on and who's doing what.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Let me get this straight: you believe that the CIA and FBI would be able to detect any potential threat BEFORE anyone arrives at the airport? ANY threat whatsoever? How could they exactly? Are you suggesting we should live under a totalitarian regime where that is feasible?

How would that end up being more effective?

damn, you really are uninformed.

well this has been going on since 9/11 and is what has actually prevented anything from occurring. Minus 3 local morons trying shit on their own.

oh, and fyi; The TSA, that you now support fully, was an idea the left hated when Bush came up with them.

there's a reason my sig line is what it is.

:cuckoo:

Airport security was privatized before 9/11 was it not? How many of those private organizations did background checks on their employees? What I recall about airport screeners prior to 9/11 is that few of them spoke very good English and "screening" was a joke.

When dealing with matters of National Security, and since we have been shown that an airplane can be made into a devastating weapon, it is best (IMO) to have vetted government employees providing that vital service.

I worked for the TSA for a short time after retiring from the service. About half the people I worked with were prior service military. I feel better flying knowing THEY are checking my bags and not some stiff that the airline hired off craig's list.

Let me get this straight: you believe that the CIA and FBI would be able to detect any potential threat BEFORE anyone arrives at the airport? ANY threat whatsoever? How could they exactly? Are you suggesting we should live under a totalitarian regime where that is feasible?

How would that end up being more effective?

well this has been going on since 9/11 and is what has actually prevented anything from occurring. Minus 3 local morons trying shit on their own.

oh, and fyi; The TSA, that you now support fully, was an idea the left hated when Bush came up with them.

pfft

ya got nothing, just admit it or stfu.

When dealing with matters of National Security, and since we have been shown that an airplane can be made into a devastating weapon, it is best (IMO) to have vetted government employees providing that vital service.

"Feeling up" 80 year old grannies is a vital service?

Pull your head out of your ass idiot.

At the time of the creation of the TSA, Democrats controlled the House, Republicans the Senate and Bush the White House. The TSA was a bipartisan creation through and through.

"Feeling up" 80 year old grannies is a vital service?

Pull your head out of your ass idiot.

No dipshit, airport security is a vital service, feeling up granny is just a perk of the job.

I am doubtful that many of the people that used to airport security were even citizens of this country. With the TSA, we KNOW they are...and that they have had an extensive background check AND have sworn to uphold and defend the Constitution of the United States.

I am doubtful that many of the people that used to airport security were even citizens of this country. With the TSA, we KNOW they are...and that they have had an extensive background check AND have sworn to uphold and defend the Constitution of the United States.

Every time I travel/go through security, I simply marvel of the efficiency of the TSA.

NOT.

God, you're a braindead moron.

As well as an asswipe

pfft

You're an idiot. The FBI and CIA cannot possibly control everything that is trafficed into an airport security.

At the time of the creation of the TSA, Democrats controlled the House, Republicans the Senate and Bush the White House. The TSA was a bipartisan creation through and through.

So when the left was hanging the cost of it on Bush, you guys were lying then.

or are you full of shit and lying now?

man, it's really hard to keep all this non-sense straight.

against the Bush refunds, then all for them
against corporate welfare, then all for them
for the war, against the war, for the war

whew, all the flip-flopping must really burn the calories.

It's run, I think by the airlines, and they are well within their rights to tell someone to piss off.

I am aware. The infant posed a giant security threat. Once turning seven uncle sugar still determined him a threat.

Airport screeners find loaded gun in teddy bear

and another...

Gun Hidden in Teddy Bear at DFW Airport

pfft

You're an idiot. The FBI and CIA cannot possibly control everything that is trafficed into an airport security.

since 9/11 they have.

seriously, turn off the news and put on one of the learning channels. The information there is eye opening.

They have monitored terrorist activity. While important, is not the last line of defense.

It is the TSA that is the last line of defense.

You can't be this stupid. You just can't be.

How about an option that applies to a great many of us. We don't like the TSA and understand that they are a result of the incessant hyperbole and fearmongering following 9/11 where people are all too happy to give up freedoms in exchange for the feeling of safety.

We told you this type of thing would happen. Reap what you sow.

Every time I travel/go through security, I simply marvel of the efficiency of the TSA.

NOT.

God, you're a braindead moron.

As well as an asswipe

When you consider how many people pass through an airport on any given day, they are pretty darn efficient. Airport screening takes less time than ordering food at the freaking concession stand.

With your advanced age and obvious dementia, do you have any recollection of what airport screening was like prior to 9/11? These are now AMERICANS who have sworn an oath and have had extensive background investigations performing these jobs and not someone here on a work visa from the Philippines. You really don't find that preferable?

since 9/11 they have.

seriously, turn off the news and put on one of the learning channels. The information there is eye opening.

They have monitored terrorist activity. While important, is not the last line of defense.

It is the TSA that is the last line of defense.

You can't be this stupid. You just can't be.

the fact that you think they have done anything but be window dressing is a stunner to me.

Have you been to an airport?

B/c of the TSA, lines are HUGE, taking at least an extra hour to get through.

If the TSA had the skills you claim; Why not blow the terminal up when you get around all those people?

answer; b/c the FBI already has you in jail.

Airport screeners find loaded gun in teddy bear

and another...

Gun Hidden in Teddy Bear at DFW Airport

I know, lets let TSA set up check points in various states.

Papers we must see your papers.

OMG That man has a brief case, and hes holding it.

When a controversy arises in the TSA, I blame the individuals involved, not the TSA itself. I think that is simple logic.

When the TSA automatically responds to all criticism by denying that any procedures were broken, even when it is perfectly clear procedures were actually thrown out the window, I blame the TSA, not the individual. That is simple fact, not fallible logic.

Forum List

Back