What do you think of Romney's speaking style?

Well forgive some of us for thinking what someone say's is more important than how they say it.

No..asshole. We ALL think that. Only an arrogant prick would claim such a thing as there [sic] own.

This thread is not about substance. It is a simple question about style.

If you truly cared about style, to the point where it was the deciding factor in your choice of Presidential candidate, you wouldn't have chosen 0bama, a poor public speaker...

fuckstain...

Poor public speaker?

You forgot to mention the Telepromter

I'm interested in finding out if my opinion of the man's speaking style matches that of other USMB members.

Anyone have any thoughts? Can you describe it in 50 words or less?

Thanks.

Reagan-ish..

I still don't believe Romney will address half the issues he claims he will if nominated/elected.

I'm interested in finding out if my opinion of the man's speaking style matches that of other USMB members.

Thanks.

Reagan-ish..

I still don't believe Romney will address half the issues he claims he will if nominated/elected.

I don't believe he'll remember what they were.

No..asshole. We ALL think that. Only an arrogant prick would claim such a thing as there [sic] own.

This thread is not about substance. It is a simple question about style.

If you truly cared about style, to the point where it was the deciding factor in your choice of Presidential candidate, you wouldn't have chosen 0bama, a poor public speaker...

fuckstain...

Poor public speaker?

You forgot to mention the Telepromter

At least you admit it...

Thanks.

Reagan-ish..

I don't believe he'll remember what they were.

I hope I'm proved wrong...

I just don't believe him because there is no reason for me to believe him - not to mention I'm libertarian, so I voted for Paul.

As far as economics, Romneys ideas aren't bad but I think he's just pandering for votes.

Last edited:
Romneys victory speech here in Illinois tonight was actually very good...

I'm not even a supporter but I enjoyed it.

Nobody else finds that the guy's tone and cadence have a whiny, pleading character about them? I have been trying to find the right words to describe it....but it seems to me like he is trying to convince himself as well as the audience.

I can't watch Romney on the stump. Y'know, we all have our strengths and weakness (except me, of course, I'm freakin' perfect), and Mitt is just not good at connecting with people on an emotional level. Watch his face: His eyebrows go up, the pitch of his voice rises, and he just seems like he's pleading, acting. Mitt really needs to give up on trying to be an emotive, expressive speaker. I don't know if he has a speech coach, but if he does, that person should be summarily relieved of their duties.

These are serious times. Mitt is never going to out-soar Obama's speeches, and it's my humble opinion that Mitt should go in the opposite direction - a serious, no-fooling-around demeanor in a softer, more direct, more nuts and bolts tone. What is the problem, and what are you gonna do about it, Mitt? Tell it to me straight, and shit-can the attempts at levity and emotion.

Go with yer strengths, dude, such as they are.

Last edited:

Thanks.

I'm sure everyone has made up their minds according to whatever prejudices they may have toward him.

I think he's upbeat and intelligent. I don't hear him lying all of the time like Obama, and when he talks it's usually something positive. It doesn't make me want to change the channel or punch him out like Obama does.

Thanks.

he's awkward; corny; the reciting song lyrics thing is really odd.

Yup....he's a nerd.

Obama's cool. Mr Slick.

Revenge of the nerds.

Thanks.

I'm sure everyone has made up their minds according to whatever prejudices they may have toward him.

I think he's upbeat and intelligent. I don't hear him lying all of the time like Obama, and when he talks it's usually something positive. It doesn't make me want to change the channel or punch him out like Obama does.

Highlighted portions off topic.

Thanks.

When you find an example of anyone being able to speak and be audibly heard here at USMB let me know.

Until then, your question is ridiculous.

When you find an example of anyone being able to speak and be audibly heard here at USMB let me know.

Until then, your question is ridiculous.

Fortunately, you are as dumb as a post. Otherwise, your ugly, bigoted outlook on life could have some real consequences.

In my opinion, as usual, you have nobody worth considering as pResident in the ranks.
It would make no difference anyway. The Empire has only had puppets since The Eternal Flame was lit.
Have any of you morons ever thought about the concept of a world leader with an "eternal flame" Gotta run ! Oprah is on !

Forum List

Back