What do you think of Romney's speaking style?

LoneLaugher

Diamond Member
Oct 3, 2011
Inside Mac's Head
I'm interested in finding out if my opinion of the man's speaking style matches that of other USMB members.

Anyone have any thoughts? Can you describe it in 50 words or less?

Thanks.

Romney is a man in a box seat who tries too hard to sound like a guy from the cheap seats.

I don't want a guy from the cheap seats running the country. We had a guy-you-want-to-drink-a-beer-with a few years ago, and he completely trashed everything.

Romney needs to be himself.

Last edited:
Something I like to do is watch a politician speak with the sound off and watch their body language, Romney has the worst body language of any I have ever seen, almost as if his face is paralyzed by botox. Any emotion he happens to be verbally expressing never shows in his eyes, a sign of constant calculation and insincerity.

I'm interested in finding out if my opinion of the man's speaking style matches that of other USMB members.

Thanks.

I've noticed that he doesn't put on a fake accent when he gets around the brothers.

Republicans tried the folksy rhetoric of George Bush but his speaking style made me cringe. Romney has a more polished political style, kind of like Obama but without the jerky union style hysterics..

Thanks.

I'm a substance guy, and I'm a bit underwhelmed.

Forum List

Back