What do you think of Powell's endorsement?

that's over simplifying isn't it?

Funny thing, I haven't seen any Liberals attacking Joe Liberman for his "betrayal" of the Democratic party? Perhaps because Joe doesn't carry as much respect and his endorsement means shit to McCain.

you haven't been looking very hard, then.

So why did he lie down with dogs in the first place ? Is he a poor judge of character ?

He was careerist, of course.

He was tapped by his POTUS and naturally he took the position.

I don't think the man a saint, I just think he reached that point here even he couldn't ignore what an inciompentent boob and liar his boss was.

Last edited:
you haven't been looking very hard, then.

maybe not.

is it on here? were there endless threads about it? I wasn't here or wasn't paying close enough attention I'm not sure which.

Hey, did Liberman endorse McCain because he's white?

Funny thing, I haven't seen any Liberals attacking Joe Liberman for his "betrayal" of the Democratic party? Perhaps because Joe doesn't carry as much respect and his endorsement means shit to McCain.

Joe votes like a Dem in most cases.

Even the Democratic part is divided on the question of Israel, and don't we know it!

I was disappointed when I learned that Joe was supporting McCain's bid for office.

Not entirely surprised, but there it is again.

The Democratic Party has its own devisive issues, too.

We have no choice but to bear in mind that far too many democrats voted for Bush II's stupid war.

Joe votes like a Dem in most cases.

Even the Democratic part is divided on the question of Israel, and don't we know it!

I was disappointed when I learned that Joe was supporting McCain's bid for office.

Not entirely surprised, but there it is again.

The Democratic Party has its own devisive issues, too.

We have no choice but to bear in mind that far too many democrats voted for Bush II's stupid war.

Joe works for Israel more than he does the state he presides in.

Did you hear yesterday Harriet Meirs lobbys for Pakistan?

Could it be that Powell's endorsement means that he was thinking of COUNTRY first and not of party?

:lol: They tried to unseat him from the Senate in '06. In fact they won the primary, and old Joe had to run as an independent. He's technically not a Democrat anymore. :eusa_whistle:

Perhaps glock if you want to say that, but IMHO Gen. Powell's relationship with the Bush Administration , not so much Bush, but more so with Andy Card, and the DoD and the dynamics of that left Gen. Powell in a situation where he had little choice. I don't see this so much as Gen. Powell's spite on the Republican party so much as not having much choice given his recent history with his former position.
So how is that not spite?

So how is that not spite?

Well as you saw glock I said perhaps in my earlier posting, I really have no way of knowing. Spite though is to do something in defience of or contempt of. So after his being let go as a result of in fighting between the parties I mentioned above I honestly don't see who he is in defience of. As for the contempt part, a case can be made that he might hold Don Rumsfeld and Paul Wolfowitz and Andy Card in contempt. However IMO it's a simple matter of loyality for Gen. Powell. His loyality was in many ways by the DoD taken advantage of and left Gen. Powell with not much of a choice. Does that tend to make a person spiteful? I can't honestly answer that for Gen. Powell I can only go on his record, which has always been one where he was very loyal to those he served under. He also voted for LBJ and at one time was a democrat and then he was an independant up until 1994 until he decided to commit to the Republican Party. He is noted for being very moderate and is not the type to leap into a situation without deep consideration even in warfare. IMHO glock Gen. Powell's choice of Barack Obama is no great suprise and is a result of what I had mentioned in my previous posting. I just don't see this as a spiteful act, given the history of Gen. Powell. I doubt though he holds Don Rumsfeld in very high regard though.

Funny. If Walter Williams ran, I'd vote for him.

That's a long shot IF.

If Powell ran, I'd vote for him.

Why didn't you support Alan Keyes or JC Watts?

How close did Walter Williams get to becoming the GOP nominee?

Bush was better than this person? HA!!!

Funny. If Walter Williams ran, I'd vote for him.

I work with this dumb woman who's a die hard Republican. You should have heard her when her house was being foreclosed. She wanted to be bailed out. Everything she said about her situation was so anti Republican.

I tried to use it to recruit her. She even believed it was predatory lenders that screwed her over. It wasn't a bad decision on her part. So I tried to explain that the GOP disagree with her and the Democrats do want to try to help the homeowners. But she is still voting GOP.

So today she's furious that blacks are voting for Obama ONLY because he's black. I said, "it isn't ONLY because he's black". There are other reasons.

And i tried to tell her that more people are NOT voting for him because he's black than there are people voting for him only because he is black. She is a typical Republican. She doesn't hear a fucking word you say.

So you just write off idiots like her. The funny thing is, she doesn't know the facts either. So she's voting for McCain, just like she did Bush twice.

Even if blacks are voting for Obama because he's black, at least they are voting in their own tax bracket. The GOP cost her her life savings, 401K, home, etc, and she's still going back for more.

3. Powell says he remains a Republican who holds with Republican ideals to this day.

He has REPUBLICAN/Conservative ideals, NOT RIGHT WING WACKO NUT JOB MCCAIN?PALIN CRAZY IDEAs. There is a huge difference between being a Republican and being a RWWNJ Loonie!

no. lieberman is.

I know that silly. :tongue:

why did Liberman endorse McCain if it's not because he's white since McCain isn't Jewish? Especially since McCain is in direct opposition to many of Liberman's positions.

I mean if Powell endorsed Obama solely because he's black wouldn't it stand to reason that Liberman endorsed McCain based on THEIR shared race too?

I know that silly. :tongue:

why did Liberman endorse McCain if it's not because he's white since McCain isn't Jewish? Especially since McCain is in direct opposition to many of Liberman's positions.

I mean if Powell endorsed Obama solely because he's black wouldn't it stand to reason that Liberman endorsed McCain based on THEIR shared race too?

you think powell endorsed obama solely because he's black?
i don't.

That's a long shot IF.

If Powell ran, I'd vote for him.

Why didn't you support Alan Keyes or JC Watts?

How close did Walter Williams get to becoming the GOP nominee?

Bush was better than this person? HA!!!

The problem with your original argument is that you were trying to play the race card. I want no part of that. If you want to use that as a crutch, use it on somebody else.

Now you're asking me questions about Alan Keyes and JC Watts, and you're brining in the GOP for some reason. I really don't know where you're going with this. Perhaps you can explain.

A great statesman, pity he was saddled with Bush during his first term. Powell would be a great addition to Obama's cabinet.

Long and short of it, he will be an asset to Obama's campaign over the next several days. It is a pity Limbaugh, The Lord of Lard let's everyone in the Universe know Powell is black!

They know he's black .. and liberals give him a pass because of it.

They do the same thing with Rice.

Everyone else who is a Bush insiider be damned.

Forum List

Back