What do you think of Powell's endorsement?

Grismonda

Rookie
Oct 20, 2008
California
A great statesman, pity he was saddled with Bush during his first term. Powell would be a great addition to Obama's cabinet.

Long and short of it, he will be an asset to Obama's campaign over the next several days. It is a pity Limbaugh, The Lord of Lard let's everyone in the Universe know Powell is black!

A great statesman, pity he was saddled with Bush during his first term. Powell would be a great addition to Obama's cabinet.

Long and short of it, he will be an asset to Obama's campaign over the next several days. It is a pity Limbaugh, The Lord of Lard let's everyone in the Universe know Powell is black!

he will be an asset to Obama's campaign over the next several days.

Well said--obviously a political move.

The Powell endorsement was icing on the cake! If Obama wins, I hope there is a role for Sec/Gen Colin Powell in an Obama administration!

• Banned
How so? I'm sure Powell supports Obama...as much as I do... I suppose one could argue it's all political, but do you think Powell's endorsement is any more political than say Google's?

• Banned
Both Bush and Powell were dubbed by Cheney and his gang (whoever they are)! I do wish Powell had spoken out about Bush, but god knows...he may treasure his own life!

Both Bush and Powell were dubbed by Cheney and his gang (whoever they are)! I do wish Powell had spoken out about Bush, but god knows...he may treasure his own life!

I think you might just wanna continue with the "we were tricked" theme so no one gets confused. It beats the hell out of "he woulda told the truth but he feared for his life ". He's a military man ya know.

• Banned
So were the many (about 8?) generals that retired because they disagreed with Bush. Where are their voices?

Powell is well-respected by many Americans...I think that this endorsement can only help Obama.

Cynically, I do have to say that I find it amusing that Powell was called an Uncle Tom race-traitor by many on the Left, pegged as "not really black," and just like Condi Rice was subjected to horrible racist attacks...but now that he has supported the Democratic candidate...suddenly he's a well-respected American icon again...

Powell is well-respected by many Americans...I think that this endorsement can only help Obama.

Cynically, I do have to say that I find it amusing that Powell was called an Uncle Tom race-traitor by many on the Left, pegged as "not really black," and just like Condi Rice was subjected to horrible racist attacks...but now that he has supported the Democratic candidate...suddenly he's a well-respected American icon again...

Powell is a RINO! Libs hate America!
He's picking Obama cause they be Bros!

He is forgiven because we was one of the guys who was 'tricked'. You know--a victim .:rolleyes:

I editted your thread title. Doesn't matter what ISP USMB members have. This is USMB and we are all members here. I expect current members here to be inclusive just as I expect y'all don't think you're going to join here and form your own clique.

:clap2:

Well-said, as usual.

I editted your thread title. Doesn't matter what ISP USMB members have. This is USMB and we are all members here. I expect current members here to be inclusive just as I expect y'all don't think you're going to join here and form your own clique.

Oh, I did that as an identifier for the new posters from AOL. Many are unfamiliar with this format. On the aol board questions were raised how to use this board. So, I posted this thread, and a link to aol, so they could link here and practice a post...on a real thread, one with a topic we discuss over there. I did not mean to come across non inclusive. Thank you!

Forum List

Back