What do you think of Obama's foreign policy?

What do you think of Obama's handling of foreign policy?

• Excellent

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • Great

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • Good

Votes: 4 8.3%
  • Okay

Votes: 5 10.4%
  • Bad

Votes: 6 12.5%
  • Terrible

Votes: 23 47.9%

• Total voters
A foreign policy of Appeasement and Apology. What has it brought us? We were told by the Liberals how Bush was hated/not liked around the world. When you have a President Appeasing, Apologizing, and Copitulating America, I am sure the rest of the World loves him......he does what they want.

The Obama Presidency has been very successful in terms of foreign policy.

The removal of bin Laden, of course, is a huge success.

He pushed a policy in Libya that was questioned by many, but his policy has been vindicated. It was also legal, so the impeachment talk is just rhetoric.

Opinion of the US, around the world, has improved since Obama took office, and that translates into good news for our economy.

We are out of Iraq as of Christmas, according to the timeline laid out by the previous administration.

The START Treaty was ratified.

As for Israel, listen to Ehud Barak.

Ehud Barak on 1967 borders - YouTube

Obama is extremely well informed on foreign policy, and was generally considered to be extremely well informed prior to his election.

Bin Laden fine. :clap2: I personally think Obama's role is waaaaay exagerated, but :clap2:

Libya is now potentially a hot-bed for terrorism, when under Gaddafy they weren't even a slight problem.

The START Treaty makes America weaker, not stronger, and the Russian aren't going to hold up to their end. It's just an example of Putin out-maneuvering Obama.

If you don't think Ehud Barak wasn't just being diplomatic, then I don't know what to tell you. Obama flip-flopped on the 67' borders comment after the Israelis and wealthy Jewish donors balked.

He was handed a victory in Iraq on a silver platter, the jury is still out, as to if he fucked it up royally.

Opinion of the US, around the world, has improved since Obama took office

you got a link?

Last edited:
I think it's been excellent. He's reaffirmed vital alliances in Europe. He successfully conducted a new SALT treaty with the Russians. He's worked with Europe to manage economic crisises. Real live terrorists are being offed. He's realistically dealt with Israel, so much so, he's very popular with the Israelis. He's been on the side of people in the Middle East that are overthrowing some really nasty dictators. He's well liked and well respected in most of the world.

I think it's been excellent. He's reaffirmed vital alliances in Europe. He successfully conducted a new SALT treaty with the Russians. He's worked with Europe to manage economic crisises. Real live terrorists are being offed. He's realistically dealt with Israel, so much so, he's very popular with the Israelis. He's been on the side of people in the Middle East that are overthrowing some really nasty dictators. He's well liked and well respected in most of the world.

Poland and the Check Republic hate him for getting rid of the missile defense defense systems that protected them from the Russians.
What "vital alliances" did he reaffirm?

he's very popular with the Israelis.
have a link?

He's well liked and well respected in most of the world

link?

Poland and the Check Republic hate him for getting rid of the missile defense defense systems that protected them from the Russians.

he's very popular with the Israelis.
have a link?

link?

As ever, you demand different standards from the reality based posters than you demand of yourself.

And we comply.

Poll: Obama remains popular in Israel - UPI.com

Obama popularity in Israel surges after U.N. speech: poll | Reuters

Obama Helps Buoy U.S. Popularity, Pew Survey Says - NYTimes.com

Obama Clears Out The Bushes And Restores America's Global Popularity

have a link?

link?

As ever, you demand different standards from the reality based posters than you demand of yourself.

And we comply.

Poll: Obama remains popular in Israel - UPI.com

Obama popularity in Israel surges after U.N. speech: poll | Reuters

Obama Helps Buoy U.S. Popularity, Pew Survey Says - NYTimes.com

Obama Clears Out The Bushes And Restores America's Global Popularity

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::

The only polling company you cited was pew, and they might as well be called left wing polling.

All of the sources are left winged.

Edit: with the exception maybe of the Jerusalem Post, maybe I don't know, but if they say his AR was around 50% after his UN speech, than it had to be low before that, and it's not like 50% is great for the allied leader a country that finances your military.

Last edited:
The only polling company you cited was pew, and they might as well be called left wing polling.

I've seen one baseless complaint about Obama's foreign policy in this thread, without anything to back it up other than wingnuts-said-so.

You asked for links, you got links.

Read my signature line. :eusa_angel:

I've seen one baseless complaint about Obama's foreign policy in this thread, without anything to back it up other than wingnuts-said-so.

fair enough. What baseless complaint? Are you referring to me?

fair enough. What baseless complaint? Are you referring to me?

That should have said one baseless complaint after another. Sorry for the confusion. For further information, read page one.

As far as Iraq and Afghanistan, it's simply an extension of Bush's policy.

I'm sorry, sir, but you are a mountain ignorance. You obviously do not know anything about these wars. It may be true that Obama retained some of the Iraq war tactics created under the Bush adminstration, but as far as Afghanistan goes, the difference in strategy is like night and day.

FACT: Obama's central focus has been on the use of drone attacks. In the last three years, this strategy has crippled Al-Queda far more effectively than it did in the first 8 years with Bush.

I suppose I am not surprised that Obama has gotten 15 votes for "terrible." I think it's a clear indication of the ignorance of this forum.

If you voted "terrible", you are either lying to yourself, or you know absolutely nothing about Obama's success in this policy.

If Congress had the cajones, Obama would have been impeached for his illegal war (without congressional approval) in Libya.

Strengthening the Muslim Brotherhood and their ilk is not a good thing at all if one desires world peace and freedom.

Right okay, we should have just let Libyan protestors get slaughtered by their narcissistic dictator. :cuckoo: And we he did not need Congress's approval because we did not START A WAR. Do you call taking out a few antiair targets a full scale war against the government?

You also need to realize that the conflict in that country was initiated by NATO, not the United States itself. In fact, the United States had a very limited role which was in the very beginning. All the US did was drop a few bombs and then Obama handed the reigns over to France and the UK.

A picture is wo..........

Attachments

• $trump-hair-386cm041211.jpg
    $trump-hair-386cm041211.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 37
Right okay, we should have just let Libyan protestors get slaughtered by their narcissistic dictator. :cuckoo:

Funny how the so-called anti-war left didn't give a rip about a narcissistic dictator in Iraq slaughtering his own people. That was somehow different (oh yeah, because of the political party of the U.S. President). The U.S. should have stayed out of Libya (and Kosovo as well).

I have no sympathy for Qadaffi, but do you think what replaces him will be better for the civil rights of the people of Libya? Non-Muslims in Egypt are going through hell right now (thank you Obama for throwing Mubarak under the bus), now Egypt has no peace.

And we he did not need Congress's approval because we did not START A WAR. Do you call taking out a few antiair targets a full scale war against the government?

You also need to realize that the conflict in that country was initiated by NATO, not the United States itself. In fact, the United States had a very limited role which was in the very beginning. All the US did was drop a few bombs and then Obama handed the reigns over to France and the UK.

We didn't START World War 2 either, but at least FDR had Congress' full support when it was imperative we act after Japan bombed us.

Sorry, what Obama did was unconstitutional. If Bush had done what Obama did in regards to Libya, a Democratic Party controlled Congress would have surely impeached him, and rightfully so.

If you like a Neocon foreign policy,he's your man. If not,you would have to say his foreign policy is bad. I wouldn't say terrible but i do say bad.

As far as Iraq and Afghanistan, it's simply an extension of Bush's policy.

I'm sorry, sir, but you are a mountain ignorance. You obviously do not know anything about these wars. It may be true that Obama retained some of the Iraq war tactics created under the Bush adminstration, but as far as Afghanistan goes, the difference in strategy is like night and day.

FACT: Obama's central focus has been on the use of drone attacks. In the last three years, this strategy has crippled Al-Queda far more effectively than it did in the first 8 years with Bush.

You sir are an idiot.

The reason Obama stepped up the drone attacks is due to the fact that Iraq troops were drawn down and more were directed to Afghanistan. All part of Bush' foreign policy.

We are out of Iraq as of Christmas, according to the timeline laid out by the previous administration.

Bush vetoes war-funding bill with withdrawal timetable
AIRCRAFT CARRIER

May 01, 2007

President Bush's veto of the war funding bill is the second veto of his presidency.

Four years to the day after standing on the deck of an aircraft carrier and declaring "major combat operations" in Iraq were over, President Bush on Tuesday vetoed a war-spending bill that calls for the start of a withdrawal of American combat troops from the conflict.

"It makes no sense to tell the enemy when you plan to start withdrawing. All the terrorists would have to do is mark their calendars. ... Setting a deadline for withdrawal is setting a date for failure, and that would be irresponsible," Bush said in a televised address after the veto."

Forum List

Back