What do you think of eye for an eye justice? (Saudi style)

i'm not really a huge fan of eye for an eye punishment when there are laws applicable that provide relative punishment for the crime. I do believe in the death penalty, however. This story is simply too draconian to consider from the perspective of our westernized bubble. Rather than create two paralyzed people, mr cleaver man should get life in prison where he is forced to work his ass off while any wages collected goes to pay for the medical costs of his victim.

I am VERY PRO and eye for an eye punishments. I would have no problem with this man being paralyzed as a punishment. He should feel lucky that he is not being killed.

If a woman kicked a man in the groin and ruptured his testicle because he touched her breast, would the appropriate punishment be the removal of her ovary and he would have his chest touched?

Works for me. But under sharia law i bet they woman would be put to death for assaulting a man.

I am VERY PRO and eye for an eye punishments. I would have no problem with this man being paralyzed as a punishment. He should feel lucky that he is not being killed.

If a woman kicked a man in the groin and ruptured his testicle because he touched her breast, would the appropriate punishment be the removal of her ovary and he would have his chest touched?

Works for me. But under sharia law i bet they woman would be put to death for assaulting a man.

Nope.

You know.......this eye for eye, tooth for tooth thing has been spun WAAAYYYY out of context.

Originally, it was a Judaic law under their system of rule. What it actually meant was that if you do something to damage the person's eye, you were responsible to provide for them the income they would lose due to the loss of their eye.

Until the person died actually.

It's the people that followed afterwards who turned it into "you take mine, I'm gonna take yours", because they didn't understand the Judaic concept. They just took the words and twisted them to fit their own ends.

It didn't mean damage the person who damaged you, it meant that you should be recompensed by the person who did the damage to you until you died.

Does this mean we hire 9 Muslim cuckoos to fly an airplane full of innocent civilians into a Mecca skyscraper?

You know.......this eye for eye, tooth for tooth thing has been spun WAAAYYYY out of context.

Originally, it was a Judaic law under their system of rule. What it actually meant was that if you do something to damage the person's eye, you were responsible to provide for them the income they would lose due to the loss of their eye.

Until the person died actually.

It's the people that followed afterwards who turned it into "you take mine, I'm gonna take yours", because they didn't understand the Judaic concept. They just took the words and twisted them to fit their own ends.

It didn't mean damage the person who damaged you, it meant that you should be recompensed by the person who did the damage to you until you died.

Not much would make it up to me if i was paralyzed.

So, what do you all think specifically of this case? What do you think of the idea of surgically paralyzing a man who viscously attacked another man and paralyzed him?

So, what do you all think specifically of this case? What do you think of the idea of surgically paralyzing a man who viscously attacked another man and paralyzed him?

I would do the surgery myself if that was called for. But i would prefer just taking a meat cleaver to him as he did to his victim.

I think we are a civilized nation who doesn't do such things, even to criminals.

i'm not really a huge fan of eye for an eye punishment when there are laws applicable that provide relative punishment for the crime. I do believe in the death penalty, however. This story is simply too draconian to consider from the perspective of our westernized bubble. Rather than create two paralyzed people, mr cleaver man should get life in prison where he is forced to work his ass off while any wages collected goes to pay for the medical costs of his victim.

But, how about raping him while he's in prison. Could we do that, huh? PLEASE?

(Sarcasm Smiley)

Not much. I'm not into an eye for an eye. I'm Buddhist. What goes around comes around.

Last edited:

I think we are a civilized nation who doesn't do such things, even to criminals.

What do you think should happen to him, then?

I wouldn't be opposed to the death penalty for this asswipe, but that isn't the same thing as essentially torturing him.

I wouldn't be opposed to the death penalty for this asswipe, but that isn't the same thing as essentially torturing him.

I know a paralyzed man who has led a very fulfilling life. He was paralyzed C-4/C-5 crushing spinal injury at age 20 in a sledding accident, and is in his 50s now. He's a happy and just about the nicest guy I know. He can move his arms and use them a little, used to have a job, but needs a lot of help with his physical requirements.

I know a paralyzed man who has led a very fulfilling life. He was paralyzed C-4/C-5 crushing spinal injury at age 20 in a sledding accident, and is in his 50s now. He's a happy and just about the nicest guy I know. He can move his arms and use them a little, used to have a job, but needs a lot of help with his physical requirements.

that story doesn't justify state sanctioned torture.

So, you equivalent a spinal cord injury and paralysis with torture?

So, you equivalent a spinal cord injury and paralysis with torture?

I equate purposely causing a spinal cord injury or paralysis to torture, yes.

Forum List

Back