What do you think of eye for an eye justice? (Saudi style)

Middleman

Defender of the month
May 16, 2010
Northwestern United States
Here's an interesting article:
FOXNews.com - Saudi judge asks hospital if it can damage convict's spine as punishment for paralyzing man

What do you think of this sort of strict eye for an eye justice?

A Saudi judge has asked several hospitals in the country whether they could damage a man's spinal cord as punishment after he was convicted of attacking another man with a cleaver and paralyzing him, the brother of the victim said Thursday.

Abdul-Aziz al-Mutairi, 22, was left paralyzed and subsequently lost a foot after a fight more than two years ago. He asked a judge in northwestern Tabuk province to impose an equivalent punishment on his attacker under Islamic law, his brother Khaled al-Mutairi told The Associated Press by telephone from there.

He said one of the hospitals, located in Tabuk, responded that it is possible to damage the spinal cord, but it added that the operation would have to be done at another more specialized facility. Saudi newspapers reported that a second hospital in the capital Riyadh declined, saying it could not inflict such harm.

It should definitely be reinforced.

The punishment for crime is way to relaxed. The punishment for raping someone is only 5 years of prison.

They should be raped in prison, that would be justice.

Yes, well the sharia punishment for rape is to stone the victim to death.

Incorrect. The perpetrator is stoned.

Narrated Wa'il ibn Hujr: When a woman went out in the time of the Prophet for prayer, a man attacked her and overpowered (raped) her. She shouted and he went off, and when a man came by, she said, "That man did such and such to me." And when a company of the Emigrants came by, she said, "That man did such and such to me." They went and seized the man whom they thought had had intercourse with her and brought him to her. She said, "Yes, this is he." Then they brought him to the Apostle of Allah. When he was about to pass sentence, the man who had assaulted her stood up and said, "Apostle of Allah, I am the man who did it to her." He (the Prophet) said to her, "Go off, for Allah has forgiven you." But he told the man some good words, and of the man who had had intercourse with her, he said, "Stone him to death." He also said, "He has repented to such an extent that if the people of Madinah had repented similarly, it would have been accepted from them." - Sunan Abu Dawud, Prescribed Punishments, no. 4366​

Narrated Wa'il ibn Hujr: When a woman went out in the time of the Prophet for prayer, a man attacked her and overpowered (raped) her. She shouted and he went off, and when a man came by, she said, "That man did such and such to me." And when a company of the Emigrants came by, she said, "That man did such and such to me." They went and seized the man whom they thought had had intercourse with her and brought him to her. She said, "Yes, this is he." Then they brought him to the Apostle of Allah. When he was about to pass sentence, the man who had assaulted her stood up and said, "Apostle of Allah, I am the man who did it to her." He (the Prophet) said to her, "Go off, for Allah has forgiven you." But he told the man some good words, and of the man who had had intercourse with her, he said, "Stone him to death." He also said, "He has repented to such an extent that if the people of Madinah had repented similarly, it would have been accepted from them." - Sunan Abu Dawud, Prescribed Punishments, no. 4366​

I prefer the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

No.The victim is stoned.

"The United Nations said Tuesday that a Somali stoned to death by Islamist militants after she had been accused of adultery was a 13-year-old girl who had been raped while visiting her grandmother."

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/05/world/africa/05somalia.html

Well, this ain't very PC of me....but I have to admit, I think there are some crimes that the victim (or the victim's Mommy and Daddy) should get to punish, as they see fit. I know all the problems with this idea, and I know it's not constitutional.

But I am a Mommy first, and a citizen second.

I prefer the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

Then you should become a Christian if you aren't already.

So you like sharia?

The family of the victims theoretically can forswear full punishment for the perpetrator, they want to.

It's sharia when the victim is accused of adultery, and killed for adultery (instead of killing the rapists).

It's sharia when the victim is accused of adultery, and killed for adultery (instead of killing the rapists).

Please prove that this is Shari'ah by linking it to scripture.

Kalam, with all due respect, women have been stoned and the offenses and punishments do seem to be religious-based. If this is not accurate, please help us understand.

Please prove that this is Shari'ah by linking it to scripture.

Kalam, with all due respect, women have been stoned and the offenses and punishments do seem to be religious-based. If this is not accurate, please help us understand.

Islam cannot be held responsible for punishments that its scripture does not sanction. Since Muhammad (SAWS) made it clear that victims aren't to be held responsible for what they've suffered through, anybody who fails to act in accordance with this ruling is not applying Shari'ah whether they say they are or not.

Arguing otherwise is the same as arguing that the Lord's Resistance Army - who kidnaps thousands of children and forces them to become sex slaves and soldiers - represents Christianity simply because they claim to be fighting for the Ten Commandments.

Someone rape my one of granchildchildren and I could wait 5 years to blow em away if I did not get a chance before they went to jail.
And I am old enough to pretty much get away with it.

Last edited:
In concept I believe in it. I think the punishment should fit the crime. I feel our sentences are too lenient and our prison systems are a tremendous burden and cost serving only to coddle criminals and temporarily take them off the streets. While I don't believe if you take out someones eye in a fight you should lose yours. I do feel the punishment should be extensive but putting back to the community. A long sentence of community service. Not a week or 50 hours. Long term, a few thousand hours.

I do feel prisons should offer work programs. Prisoners should work to generate some type of income to help offset the cost of their incarceration. Not a chain gang per se. But roadwork or field work should be options to less hardcore criminals.

Here's an interesting article:
FOXNews.com - Saudi judge asks hospital if it can damage convict's spine as punishment for paralyzing man

What do you think of this sort of strict eye for an eye justice?

A Saudi judge has asked several hospitals in the country whether they could damage a man's spinal cord as punishment after he was convicted of attacking another man with a cleaver and paralyzing him, the brother of the victim said Thursday.

Abdul-Aziz al-Mutairi, 22, was left paralyzed and subsequently lost a foot after a fight more than two years ago. He asked a judge in northwestern Tabuk province to impose an equivalent punishment on his attacker under Islamic law, his brother Khaled al-Mutairi told The Associated Press by telephone from there.

He said one of the hospitals, located in Tabuk, responded that it is possible to damage the spinal cord, but it added that the operation would have to be done at another more specialized facility. Saudi newspapers reported that a second hospital in the capital Riyadh declined, saying it could not inflict such harm.

I am VERY PRO and eye for an eye punishments. I would have no problem with this man being paralyzed as a punishment. He should feel lucky that he is not being killed.

Someone rape my one of granchildchildren and I could wait 5 years to blow em away if I did not get a chance before they went to jail.
And I am old enough to pretty much get away with it.

What if the person who raped your grandchild was one of your other grandchildren?

I am VERY PRO and eye for an eye punishments. I would have no problem with this man being paralyzed as a punishment. He should feel lucky that he is not being killed.

If a woman kicked a man in the groin and ruptured his testicle because he touched her breast, would the appropriate punishment be the removal of her ovary and he would have his chest touched?

Forum List

Back