What do You Think?- NBA player refuses to stand for National Anthem

The NBA will suspend you if you do not stand.

Taking a stand here is effectively a career sinker

-Geaux

----------------------------

Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf was on his way to a long career as one of the league's most electrifying guards. Then, he took a stand on something he believed in and he quickly faded into obscurity.

The rest remember Abdul-Rauf for one stand in the dog days of the 1996 regular season. Had that not happened, who knows how long he would have stayed in the league?

Long enough to shoot 39 more free throws, that's for sure. If Abdul-Rauf had that record, maybe that would give him the prestige that only enhances Nash's and Price's legacies.

We'll never know how good he could have been. Thankfully, we have videos like this.

Ultimately, Abdul-Rauf decided that standing during the national anthem and saluting the American flag wasn't a part of his Islamic belief system. Abdul-Rauf's willingness to stay strong for what he believed in ultimately helped lead to an early exodus from the NBA and played a role in our faded memory of his game.

Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf Here gone and quickly forgotten - SBNation.com

Muslims don't recognize governments or countries.

anthem.jpg

It's funny how the Muslims want us to be respectful of their believes and totally FREAK if anyone makes fun of their Muhammed, but they have no problems with disrespecting everyone else's cultures and beliefs. :lame2:

It's funny how the Muslims want us to be respectful of their believes and totally FREAK if anyone makes fun of their Muhammed, but they have no problems with disrespecting everyone else's cultures and beliefs. :lame2:
Could be that declining to be present or put your hand over your heart is not making fun of anything.

So you guys are all for religious freedom unless it's a religion you don't like.

Incidently, I have no idea, does the NBA have a rule that all their players have to stand for the national anthem?

No Joe. I HAVE A RULE they do. Muslims to boot

-Geaux

Freedom loving American I guess unless other people use their freedom in a way YOU don't approve of

Just like when I go to church, even though I'm not Catholic or even religious, I still try to follow what the others are doing out of RESPECT for them.

Sure, you can act like a spoiled little douchebag, but don't think anyone is going to feel sorry for you for being a disrespectful jerk.

So what do you think?

Why you ask does he not stand?

Mr. XXX said it's because he's... that's right-

Muslim :up_yours:

Can't stand for the National Anthem of this country but instead they stand to cut off your head

Just as I thought

More bulletin board material for Patriots

-Geaux

--------------------------------------

Dion Waiters, an NBA player for the Cleveland Cavaliers, was nowhere to be found when the national anthem was being sung before his team’s game against the Utah Jazz on Wednesday. Waiters says the reason he excused himself prior to the national anthem is that he’s a Muslim acting in accordance with his religious beliefs.

If so-called “moderate Muslims” really wanted things to get better, they would stand and sing at the top of their lungs for America and hope we, as a country, survive and eliminate evil-doers all over the world.

Read more at NBA player refuses to stand for national anthem but it 8217 s the reason why that 8217 s so disturbing

Islam, where brain cells go to die.

Forum List

Back