What Do You Think It Means To "Retroactively Retire?"

Mint Raw Money had one of his goons go on the Sunday talk shows and plot out the new RW tripe...."he retroactively retired."

Do any of you knows what that even means?

Some of your fellow Americans attempted to answer it here:

What Does "Retroactively Retired" Mean? - YouTube

What say you?

It means "going back in time." When raises are negotiated after a contract is expired, they are usually retroactive to the time of the contract was in place...the employess get that money in a lump sum.

Romney's resignation "went back in time" to the time he left Bain for the Olmypics. The salary he was paid after that time was for franchise value of the company it was negotiated by attorneys.

you are most gullible.

The salary he was paid after that time was for franchise value of the company it was negotiated by attorneys.[/QUOTE]

This information came from one of the partners from Bain on a MSNBC interview last week.

It means "going back in time." When raises are negotiated after a contract is expired, they are usually retroactive to the time of the contract was in place...the employess get that money in a lump sum.

Romney's resignation "went back in time" to the time he left Bain for the Olmypics. The salary he was paid after that time was for franchise value of the company it was negotiated by attorneys.

you are most gullible.

The salary he was paid after that time was for franchise value of the company it was negotiated by attorneys

This information came from one of the partners from Bain on a MSNBC interview last week.

thank you for the information.

but it was not necessary to confirm my opinion that you are indeed very very gullible.

you WANT to believe anything good about romney.

i saw that in your "romney is a humble person love letter".

Mint Raw Money had one of his goons go on the Sunday talk shows and plot out the new RW tripe...."he retroactively retired."

What say you?

It's kinda like having a hot tub time machine.

Without having a hot tub time machine.

:eusa_hand:

Until he "retroactively" retired he still legally ran and was responsible for the actions of his company, and this is still nothing but a dodge. In every legal sense he was still in charge, as best as I can understand the retroactive applies to how he was financially compensated after the fact rather than any indication of his active day-to-day involvement in the company. It would probably be pretty easy to prove he never sat in on a board meeting or made a decision after the retroactive retirement but it seems pretty silly to allow a company to make deals in his name without some kind of input and guidance.

Last edited:
Until he "retroactively" retired he still legally ran and was responsible for the actions of his company, and this is still nothing but a dodge. In every legal sense he was still in charge, as best as I can understand the retroactive applies to how he was financially compensated after the fact rather than any indication of his active day-today involvement in the company. It would probably be pretty easy to prove he never sat in on a board meeting or made a decision after the retroactive retirement but it seems pretty silly to allow a company to make deals in his name without some kind of input and guidance.

i am still unclear on how his "legal" position gave him residency for the MA gov race.

Romney's like Elvis..he's everywhere.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_hkIN38qnY]Mojo Nixon - Elvis is everywhere - YouTube[/ame]

:clap:

Never even heard the term before, they had to have made it up.
Or perhaps, yet another, RW attempt to trot another BLATANT lie out in the face of the American public.

Will they fall for their flim flam yet again?

It sounds like a pretty silly term they didn't test market much before trotting it out. Like the "tax/penalty" thing, he may have to contradict one of his senior advisors again.

Meanwhile, the election is getting closer and we're still talking about Bain.

It may be time for a shake-up of his campaign.

Never even heard the term before, they had to have made it up.
Or perhaps, yet another, RW attempt to trot another BLATANT lie out in the face of the American public.

Will they fall for their flim flam yet again?

It sounds like a pretty silly term they didn't test market much before trotting it out. Like the "tax/penalty" thing, he may have to contradict one of his senior advisors again.

Meanwhile, the election is getting closer and we're still talking about Bain.

It may be time for a shake-up of his campaign.
#

i am not an expert, but i think right now is the perfect time to announce the vp candidate choice sarah palin.

What say you?

That sounds funnier everytime I read it. :eusa_shifty:

Why do you say that del?

because people take leaves of absence prior to retirement fairly frequently.

you're acting like birthers, imo.

your opinion sucks.

birfers have gone for years and still go to extreme stupid lengths.

the bain romney story is an invitation to mock romney and his campaign.

retroactive retirement. lol

if pres romney is still dogged by this story in 4 years, then maybe you will have a valid comparison.
RWers and their false equivalencies...it's as if they NEED to have something, anything to throw back at Dems.

*SMH*

Forum List

Back