What do you think is ONE most important change to fix our government?

This guy makes an enormous amount of sense.

Special interest lobbying has perverted our political system.

But please note that special interest lobbying demands a LOT of money.

So whether you're a left leaning activist or a right leaning activist you discover the same GOLDEN RULE is in effect.

Them what has the GOLD, rules.

And in both cases, both types of organziation are supporting THEIR STAUS QUO.

I don't think this, and in combination with EVERYTHING ELSE in the speech has the slightest stink of self servitude or promotion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did you 'form' pvsi.net?
Here's another quote from it: "pvsi.net does not need your donations, nor to sell you anything"

And if you think I'm trying to make a career for myself, here's another quote from that same video: "pvsi.net candidates will only serve one four year term, then never serve in the government again"....

and I, myself am not seeking any government position.

I don't think this, and in combination with EVERYTHING ELSE in the speech has the slightest stink of self servitude or promotion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did you 'form' pvsi.net?
Here's another quote from it: "pvsi.net does not need your donations, nor to sell you anything"

And if you think I'm trying to make a career for myself, here's another quote from that same video: "pvsi.net candidates will only serve one four year term, then never serve in the government again"....

and I, myself am not seeking any government position.

So you DID 'form' pvsi.net, which is why we have your self-serving thread?

I am not talking about wishy washy stuff like "we need to get honest people elected" or "politicians should stop fighting" or "media is stupid to publicize idiots" etc. I am talking about HOW, I mean I need a clear answer.

I am confident without a doubt that this video, in which I put my soul in, is the only alternative to the plague of American politics, but let me see you put out a better alternative if you can - I dare you.

pvsi speech april 2012 - YouTube

A constitutional ammendment requiring the federal government to balance its budget would fix the biggest part of the federal government that is broken.

"Balanced Budget Ammendment"

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lh7RQ7l4pW8]House Republicans for a Balanced Budget Amendment - YouTube[/ame]
I think you still do not understand my question: "a rooster becoming smart would make it less stupid" - my question is HOW. how would you get the rooster to act normal? rooster being our government

You asked what the one most important change to fix our government would be. I understood perfectly. I also understand that you can't get the nitwits in congress to act intelligent with our finances and futures so we would have to ammend the constitution to force them to be responsible with our money, anything short of that and congress won't be responsible with our nations future and wealth.

More lopsidedness from our new leftie blowhard. One that suffers from selective memory.

I'm a registered republican, fool.

If you don't like what I have to say, why don't you refute it instead of calling names?

And way to argue AGAINST holding public officials accountable. That's the sort of thinking that led us to getting our asses kicked in 2008, didn't it? If we can't govern any better than the dems, why should anyone put a republican in office?

I'm a registered republican, fool.

Every wonder why you have to keep repeating that?

Yea, like anyone is going to believe you really are a registered Republican. :lol: :lol: :lol:

The left truly doesn't understand even when they hide behind a keyboard pretending to be a Republican.

Hey they might be a regsitered republican.....that doesn't change that the posts they make and opinions they have are progressive/liberal ;)

This guy makes an enormous amount of sense.
Thank You

You are welcome.

I'd hoist a beer with you any day of the week.

No doubt we'd have excellent discussions about the state of the nation.
The main thing people need to understand is that majority of people are not as stupid as we are being led to believe, and they already understand, all that is needed is to spark the fire, to get thru their thick skulls, and they are on our side. like the sinper fire hillary here - she understands the hypocrisy and yet the people think that somehow we are trying to fool them because they have been screwed over and over again by all kinds of salesmen who use corruption to sell themselves or to collect donations or some other scam. I wouldn't mind having a beer with you, but as a matter of fact I own a bar, and every time a friend comes in they think I should have a beer with them, and I have to limit my alcohol intake hehe, hope you understand
:D

We need to ensure that WE THE PEOPLE control our government and NOT just the uber-rich and powerful business interests.

Our Grand Old Party has for too long aligned with the interests of the monied at the expense of everyone else. If we don't elect people who serve our interests, but those of businesses and their government cronies what good is having a representative republic?

Want a rallying cry?
NO TAXATION WITHOUT REPRESENTATION! How's that?
When was the last time you felt your congressman or senator was looking out for YOU and not just greasing his own palms with lobbyist money and favors?

Make politicians directly responsible to WE THE PEOPLE....not their campaign contributors.
ANYTHING that gets between the voters and their representatives should be expunged as a danger to the sovereignty of WE THE PEOPLE.

And SHAME on all our cowardly republicans who have avoided the public spotlight as of late, not attending town halls and having "exclusive" events. No quicker way to show the people you don't give a rats behind about them than to not be there.

Republicans WIN by being like Ike. We LOSE when we're like Bush and Romney.

:bsflag:

on you being a Republican.. nice damn try though.. we've seen this bs before..

You asked what the one most important change to fix our government would be. I understood perfectly. I also understand that you can't get the nitwits in congress to act intelligent with our finances and futures so we would have to ammend the constitution to force them to be responsible with our money, anything short of that and congress won't be responsible with our nations future and wealth.
I put a lot of thought into solution, I believe 100% that you and me agree with what the problem is, even though we may be used to arguing about it, even if just for the sake of entertainment. I also will take a bold step in making an assumption that you agree with everything I say in the 12 minute speech, please confirm or deny that... if you confirm/agree, then either 1. give me the reason why you do not back pvsi.net or 2. back the pvsi.net so that others (on this board) would get more curious about it too.

I am not talking about wishy washy stuff like "we need to get honest people elected" or "politicians should stop fighting" or "media is stupid to publicize idiots" etc. I am talking about HOW, I mean I need a clear answer.

I am confident without a doubt that this video, in which I put my soul in, is the only alternative to the plague of American politics, but let me see you put out a better alternative if you can - I dare you.

I think the obvious answer is campaign finance reform, step one; step two, is to make sure no Member of Congress receives anything of value from anyone with an interest in any legislation, pending or in the future.

The what is easier than the how. CU v. FEC has exacerbated an already serious threat to our democratic institutions. I have very little hope anything can be done during the tenure of the Roberts, Alito, Scalia, Thomas and Kennedy. Lower court judges have a code of ethics, the Supreme Court does not and that is unacceptable.

I put a lot of thought into solution, I believe 100% that you and me agree with what the problem is, even though we may be used to arguing about it, even if just for the sake of entertainment. I also will take a bold step in making an assumption that you agree with everything I say in the 12 minute speech, please confirm or deny that... if you confirm/agree, then either 1. give me the reason why you do not back pvsi.net or 2. back the pvsi.net so that others (on this board) would get more curious about it too.

I do agree with most of what you are saying in the video and I did watch it as you asked, all of it.

However when you start asking me to support pvsi.net as an "absolute" authority on anything I just can't go along with that. I never trust anyone or anything absolutely, I always try to verify what I hear.

1) Internet voting systems are way to easy to hack/fraud, it also sounds like you are doing away with the electoral college.

2) We don't need a negative vote, just term limits.

3) As far as making a low budget media outlet....we have talk radio already but its mainly dominated by right of center opinions much like the media of television and newspaper is mainly dominated by left of center opinions. I like this general idea but how do we go about making sure it is successful and can be paid for without either taking advertising money or money from the government, both of which would go against the very thing you sound like you are trying to accomplish? One other big negative you have on this idea is making it managed by "elected outlet, part of the govt (considered govt officials)" Americans will never go for any media with govt involvement like that.

4) I'm not sure what you are getting at with #4, can you maybe explain that more?

5) I agree with doing away with financial lobbying of elected officials

What you say after your list is pretty spot on, both sides always show you what they don't like about the other but only on very rare instances offer up alternatives. However your comments on Herman Cain, in my opinion, are very off base.

Last edited:

I think the obvious answer is campaign finance reform, step one; step two, is to make sure no Member of Congress receives anything of value from anyone with an interest in any legislation, pending or in the future.

The what is easier than the how. CU v. FEC has exacerbated an already serious threat to our democratic institutions. I have very little hope anything can be done during the tenure of the Roberts, Alito, Scalia, Thomas and Kennedy. Lower court judges have a code of ethics, the Supreme Court does not and that is unacceptable.
That is because you are trying to fix the rotted apple, which the media is a part of. I am starting a new topic on this

I just had an Epiphany. How about the Legislators be Required to Read Everything they Vote into Law before they Vote on it? Is it really asking too much?

Let's bring the Tax Code down to 25 Pages or Less, and just go flat Tax. ;)

Let's limit the amount of times something can be Taxed too.

Let's limit the Governments cut on Lotteries so that the Winner gets to keep 50% of the Winnings, unless the Government is willing to pay for 50% of our Tickets. :D

Let's limit the Governments cut on Lotteries so that the Winner gets to keep 50% of the Winnings, unless the Government is willing to pay for 50% of our Tickets. :D
Let's make the dog play a violin :eusa_boohoo:
Wait a minute.... HOW are we going to do that? same question applies to you. I gave a suggestion, it requires unity, so either disagree or join.

How come you never have a problem with the Court when they side with you? I thought the Court was supposed to focus on Principle and Justice, on Original Intent, in Relation to the Supreme Court. Let's distinguish between Judicial Review and making shit up out of thin air as you go along.

Let's make the dog play a violin :eusa_boohoo:
Wait a minute.... HOW are we going to do that? same question applies to you. I gave a suggestion, it requires unity, so either disagree or join.

Easy, as you suggested in your video, just change/pass laws to make this happen (not the lottery thing the amount of times taxed thing)

Forum List

Back