What do you think is going to happen on the 21st and what will you do?

If this end-of-the-world catastrophy had been predicted by people who actually knew how to read and write, I might believe it.

The Mayan's had a form of writing. That is how we know about the predictions and cyclical callender. And their math was very good, some of their astronomical observations and calculations were not matched until a couple of hundred years ago.

The end of their civilization was brought on by a combination of dryer weather and abuse of the land by their farming methods.

If they were so smart, how come their own end of the world came in the form of Spanish conquistadors and they could nothing about it?

That is speculation. No one really knows what happened to them. The most common theory is that climate change drove them out of their cities. But make no mistake, they were very advanced for their time. Scientifically that is. They knew things we didn't even discover till a couple hundred years ago.

There could not have been a climate change. Climate change only occurs as a result of the evil industrial-military complex, capitalism and overabundance of SUV's and irresponsible Republicans who don't respect Al Gore.

And people like you are exactly why the GOP has the reputation of the party of the stupid and willfully ignorant.

If this end-of-the-world catastrophy had been predicted by people who actually knew how to read and write, I might believe it.

The Mayan's had a form of writing. That is how we know about the predictions and cyclical callender. And their math was very good, some of their astronomical observations and calculations were not matched until a couple of hundred years ago.

The end of their civilization was brought on by a combination of dryer weather and abuse of the land by their farming methods.

So, they were not all that smart, after all.

On a sobering note, however, that is almost what seems to be happening in America.

It would be nice to know if the Mayans had a half-breed leader when their demise became inevitable?

That is speculation. No one really knows what happened to them. The most common theory is that climate change drove them out of their cities. But make no mistake, they were very advanced for their time. Scientifically that is. They knew things we didn't even discover till a couple hundred years ago.

There could not have been a climate change. Climate change only occurs as a result of the evil industrial-military complex, capitalism and overabundance of SUV's and irresponsible Republicans who don't respect Al Gore.

And people like you are exactly why the GOP has the reputation of the party of the stupid and willfully ignorant.

Thank you, Old Rocks (in the head)!

The validity or your comment is inversely proportional to the validity of my comment.

Thank you, Old Rocks (in the head)!

The validity or your comment is inversely proportional to the validity of my comment.

Only problem being the MAYAN calender found in Guatemala goes on for another 7000 years.

I think the one they found was being carved by a guy that got too hung up in it until his wife probably came out and said 'Chitzl, enough with that effing calender. Either come in here and eat your dinner or I'm leaving you and taking the kids with me'
:D

Interesting that when a white person (however looney he/she might be) predicts the end of the world, the Left dismisses that person - rightfully - as a loon.

But when the same (or similar) prediction is made by a non-white person the Left ponders and sucks up.

Interesting that when a white person (however looney he/she might be) predicts the end of the world, the Left dismisses that person - rightfully - as a loon.

But when the same (or similar) prediction is made by a non-white person the Left ponders and sucks up.

Foreign people are magic!!

What do you think is going to happen Dec 21st? I think a 15 mile tall tsunami and a 10.5 earthquake.

I'm going to get drunk out of my mind, so I won't care when it happens.

What about you???

Not to be nitpicky but do we have an exact time? I am working but want to know if I will be getting off early.:D

That's funny co nsidering their calendar is more accurate than ours. Oh and they did know how to write you just don't know how to read their language.

If they were so smart, how come their own end of the world came in the form of Spanish conquistadors and they could nothing about it?

So, superior weapons and warfare tactics = smart? Then why are dumb asses like you living in the country with the greatest military in the world?

What do you think is going to happen Dec 21st? I think a 15 mile tall tsunami and a 10.5 earthquake.

What about you???

Okay...here's what you need to do:

1. Give me all your stuff.

2. Jump off a tall building to avoid the long, slow, painful death of the end of the world.

In that order.

I would raise my voice in the hymn they sang when the Titanic went down ... singing to the strains ..."Nearer My God To Thee" ....very loud!! :rolleyes:

but

Nothing will happen the 21st .... sorry to have to brake the news to you.

What about you???

I don't know what will happen on 12/21 but I predict retail sales go up significantly on 12/22 when a lot of kooks realize Christmas will happen this year!

What about you???

I don't know what will happen on 12/21 but I predict retail sales go up significantly on 12/22 when a lot of kooks realize Christmas will happen this year!

Last weekend before Christmas is always busy. Guy shopping weekend.:badgrin:

Forum List

Back